WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Heads on the floor!

shockwaveharry

Reaction score
OK... So a guy walks in to my office today asking if a truck outside is for sale. Not an unusual thing, lots of wannabee car dealers around here. The truck he's inquiring about isn't for sale but I have a friend's little pick up that is so I point it out to him. Nothing special, high mileage and beat up but it has a new engine, trans and interior so it's a solid but ugly vehicle. My friend wanted me to ask $2K with a bottom line of $1500. I had told him $1500 was realistic and he agreed. I promised not to sell it for less.

When the dealer guy asked "how much?" I told him $2000. He countered with $1000 and we both chuckled a little. We went back and forth a bit then I just bottom lined it at the $1500. He stayed $1300.

It was at this point he suggested we have a little fun and flip for it. $1350 if he wins and $1650 if I do. I was OK with a $150 bet in this case so I pulled a quarter out of my pocket and offered it to him.

"No no, you flip. I'll call it in the air" he said.

So I state the bet and he nods in agreement. I flip the coin up in the air, putting my hand out to catch it and slap it on my forearm. As the coins falling down he says "heads on the floor!". The coin then land in my had as I said "what the fuck??"

He told me he thinks it's better if the coin falls all the way to the floor without me grabbing it in the air. It's fair that way. I'm OK with that so I restate the bet and flip the coin.

"Heads on the floor!" he says again. I know. I didn't grab for it. It hits the ground, rolls away slowly for what seems an eternity, than finally falls to it's right.

"Tails" I said, looking up at him trying not to be a smug dick about winning. "Sorry, I won".

"No, I called heads on the floor. That means the head of the coin facing down on the floor". Holy shit, I lost it right there. This mother fucker's trying to scam me! The way I saw it, if it landed heads I would have conceded his win and he would have bought the truck for $1350, never saying anything about his stupid call.

I chewed his ass out and kicked him out of my office. Please till me "heads on the floor" isn't a real thing...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Sounds like an easy way to never lose a coin toss LOL

It's a simple concept...why make it complicated?

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Never heard of that rule before. :thumbsdown

From the title of your thread, i thought this was a robbery story.......

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
At least it was original. Never heard that one :)

Rotten deal

Reaction score
Never heard of it and would of done what you did . Get the f out before your head hits the floor.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
How about "My bootz in your azz" .......

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I've heard it before. I've also heard guys say "heads I win tails u lose". That actually gets people.l if they aren't thinking or they've had some beers.

shockwaveharry

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more pissed off I get. When we agreed to the flip, I asked him if he had the $1650 on him in case he lost. He said no but he'd go get it if he needed to. I insisted he have the cash on him when we flipped and he was all twisted out of shape about that, telling me how honest he was and his dad taught him to be a man of his word.

I told him I didn't know his dad so he had to bring the cash first before we flipped. He's such a dick!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
If you ever seen Misfit garage on Discovery. Its a hot rod show in Texas. This is how they flip when negotiating over a cars price.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
First Good to see you online Harry!! One of these days you are gonna come visit me or vice versa for beers!

OK... So a guy walks in to my office today asking if a truck outside is for sale. Not an unusual thing, lots of wannabee car dealers around here. The truck he's inquiring about isn't for sale but I have a friend's little pick up that is so I point it out to him. Nothing special, high mileage and beat up but it has a new engine, trans and interior so it's a solid but ugly vehicle. My friend wanted me to ask $2K with a bottom line of $1500. I had told him $1500 was realistic and he agreed. I promised not to sell it for less.

When the dealer guy asked "how much?" I told him $2000. He countered with $1000 and we both chuckled a little. We went back and forth a bit then I just bottom lined it at the $1500. He stayed $1300.

It was at this point he suggested we have a little fun and flip for it. $1350 if he wins and $1650 if I do. I was OK with a $150 bet in this case so I pulled a quarter out of my pocket and offered it to him.

"No no, you flip. I'll call it in the air" he said.

So I state the bet and he nods in agreement. I flip the coin up in the air, putting my hand out to catch it and slap it on my forearm. As the coins falling down he says "heads on the floor!". The coin then land in my had as I said "what the fuck??"

He told me he thinks it's better if the coin falls all the way to the floor without me grabbing it in the air. It's fair that way. I'm OK with that so I restate the bet and flip the coin.

"Heads on the floor!" he says again. I know. I didn't grab for it. It hits the ground, rolls away slowly for what seems an eternity, than finally falls to it's right.

"Tails" I said, looking up at him trying not to be a smug dick about winning. "Sorry, I won".

"No, I called heads on the floor. That means the head of the coin facing down on the floor". Holy shit, I lost it right there. This mother fucker's trying to scam me! The way I saw it, if it landed heads I would have conceded his win and he would have bought the truck for $1350, never saying anything about his stupid call.

I chewed his ass out and kicked him out of my office. Please till me "heads on the floor" isn't a real thing...

He's a hustler. That's what these guys do.

Secondly this.. The guys a Hustler.. He had your number from the word flip. Having partaken in more coin flips for more money than any reasonable man should (pool hall days) I don't give a fuck what he says "on the floor" etc... It's heads or tails. You don't like it? Fuck off. That's it. Nut up, pay up, shut up.

Gonna have to remember that one. We flip a lot of coins at work

Me too.. :D I don't think anyone I'd flip coins with for any kinda amount would fall for it though.

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I get. When we agreed to the flip, I asked him if he had the $1650 on him in case he lost. He said no but he'd go get it if he needed to. I insisted he have the cash on him when we flipped and he was all twisted out of shape about that, telling me how honest he was and his dad taught him to be a man of his word.

I told him I didn't know his dad so he had to bring the cash first before we flipped. He's such a dick!

Just A Hustler thinking your a sucker.

RD

shockwaveharry

Reaction score
If you ever seen Misfit garage on Discovery. Its a hot rod show in Texas. This is how they flip when negotiating over a cars price.

That's exactly why I didn't think much of his proposal at first. I just figured he was trying to be cool like me or other TV reality show stars :cool

First Good to see you online Harry!! One of these days you are gonna come visit me or vice versa for beers!

Beers for sure! It won't belong before I'm back on the water again and you'll be one of the first guys I look up.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Sell it to him for 1350, but fill out the back of the title that you sold i to him for $15,000. Make sure the release matches that value :D
call attention to it after you have cash in hand :thumbsup

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Total scammer...

Hey Harry.... I'll bet you $1,000,000.00 I can tell you where you got your shoes.

On your feet. Pay up! :D

I was gonna post a gif of that scene in poolhall junkies, but I couldn't find it :grumble: so instead, here is a random one of one of the shots I like. And RD, I am a pool hall rat myself, you could probably still whoop my ass, but we should play sometime :cool

post-39458-poolhall-junkies-gif-Imgur-EBJF.gif

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The places that pull that scam aren't interested in a grammar lesson.

Lets see some pics of the truck?
Yep. I suppose I should have attributed it to the gentleman in New Orleans who tried to get me with that one. :rolleyes:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Where's this guys lot at?
He sounds very reputable [emoji12] [emoji23]