WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Heads up... If ya got your boat at D&B (NOT B&D Marine!) in Havasu on Acoma you might want to try and get it... or get it off the street

KR717

Reaction score
Friends had boat at D&B or B&D (depends on the sign ya look at) in Havasu on Acoma had it there for 3 weeks showed up to get it and not a chance!! Shops been locked up and posted to keep out. Boats are on the streets in and around their shop and also locked inside gate. Here's some of the pics they took. Please pass this on to anyone you know that has a boat at their shop or recognize any of the boats they have parked on the streets.
junk 1.jpg
junk 2.jpg
junk 3.jpg
junk 4.jpg
junk 5.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Brian is a long time member on here.

Tank

Reaction score
It's not Brian's shop. It's someone else.
Oh good! Weird same name or could be. Glad you clarified that. I was about to text him.

Maybe OP can take B&D out of the original post so no more confusion.

I just got the full story about how they (D&B) opened as B&D first even though Brian and Dane were already there and established and when people started complaining they changed it to D&B. Still lame.

Last edited:

franky

Reaction score
They always park boats on the street and around the corner By UPS and leave them out overnight

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Passed by there multiple times two weeks ago and nothing ever looked like it moved. I thought that was strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I have Deja Vu........this exact thread was posted several months back on here I believe, and also on River Whips. Owner of B&D came on and defended himself saying business as usual, they move boats around all the time, don't leave them out overnight, etc.

KR717

Reaction score
Having boats parked everywhere is crazy.. do these people that own these boats realize their just parked where ever.. Guess the ones on the street are the lucky ones since everything inside is locked up they still might have access to them unless they get towed..

KR717

Reaction score
I have Deja Vu........this exact thread was posted several months back on here I believe, and also on River Whips. Owner of B&D came on and defended himself saying business as usual, they move boats around all the time, don't leave them out overnight, etc.
I can state for a fact that the boats are left out on the streets overnight and for multiple nights. I live above that area and go past everyday. Sad to see

Last edited:

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
It is not me!!! 4 years ago they rode our coattails by using our name and telling customers they were our Havasu location. I had a visit with him at the RDP after party. They changed their name to D&B a few months ago. It's been a huge thorn in my side.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I can state for a fact that the boats are left out on the streets overnight and for multiple night. I live above that area and go past everyday.
Not saying your wrong, just saying this exact thread has happened elsewhere........
Was it your thread by chance?

KR717

Reaction score
Not saying your wrong, just saying this exact thread has happened elsewhere........
Was it your thread by chance?
No it wasn't me before. This just happened today . But wish I would have seen the original post a few months back.. My friends have their boat there and tried to pick it up today. only one around was the landlord of the property.. bummer all the way around. Just hope people can get their boats. :)

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
There are several shops that leave boats parked out in alleyways and on the street overnight, not saying it’s right, just the way it’s always been in this town.

HitIt

Reaction score
My friends have their boat there and tried to pick it up today. only one around was the landlord of the property.. bummer all the way around. Just hope people can get their boats. :)

To those saying this is business as usual... Boats is the street, being moved around, etc. is one thing. Not being able to access your boat in storage (assuming they were supposed to have access at the time they went) is a whole different issue.

KR717

Reaction score
Their are reputable shops in Havasu that keep their boats locked up in fenced in yards and buildings too. But of course some don't , hope they have good insurance.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Friends had boat at D&B or B&D (depends on the sign ya look at) in Havasu on Acoma had it there for 3 weeks showed up to get it and not a chance!! Shops been locked up and posted to keep out. Boats are on the streets in and around their shop and also locked inside gate. Here's some of the pics they took. Please pass this on to anyone you know that has a boat at their shop or recognize any of the boats they have parked on the streets.
Brian is a long time member on here.
It is not me!!! 4 years ago they rode our coattails by using our name and telling customers they were our Havasu location. I had a visit with him at the RDP after party. They changed their name to D&B a few months ago. It's been a huge thorn in my side.
Damn, this thread cooled off faster than my popcorn did. 😂

Taboma

Reaction score
There are several shops that leave boats parked out in alleyways and on the street overnight, not saying it’s right, just the way it’s always been in this town.

Got any names, I sure as hell am not going to do business with some company leaving my boat parked on some side street overnight. I've seen some shops pull them out during the day, but usually parked right adjacent to the shop, then stored inside a fenced yard or indoors at night. I seriously doubt any company's insurance is going to pay out any claims on a boat left on some street overnight.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Got any names, I sure as hell am not going to do business with some company leaving my boat parked on some side street overnight. I've seen some shops pull them out during the day, but usually parked right adjacent to the shop, then stored inside a fenced yard or indoors at night. I seriously doubt any company's insurance is going to pay out any claims on a boat left on some street overnight.
I wouldn’t list names on a public forum. But it does happen. If you’re going to drop a boat off I would say look at the surroundings and ask yourself are all these boats going to fit in that fenced yard.

KR717

Reaction score
I text Brian (of B&D Marine). He has a LOOOOOOOONG standing and great reputation. It's unfortunate that this other company uses a name so similar.
It's sucks for Brian that this company used his name. Whatever this guys name in Havasu is the address of his shop is 1609 West Acoma, just so their's no confusion.

KR717

Reaction score
Update...looks like the boats inside the fenced in area of their shop are being moved out to the street.

KR717

Reaction score
Is the real B&D located anywhere near Havasu ?
?? I haven't been able to find the real B&D in Havasu, I tried their facebook page but website connected to is does not work, so not sure where the "good" B&D is located

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Savage Marine. Mark will treat you right plus lock ur boat up if needed.

Does he own a lifted 4dr F150? 2000ish?
Saw something at Windsor on Wed I wasn’t very impressed with and the red F150 had a huge Savage Marine sticker across the back window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

28Eliminator

Reaction score
?? I haven't been able to find the real B&D in Havasu, I tried their facebook page but website connected to is does not work, so not sure where the "good" B&D is located

You can’t find him. He’s gonna be busy... move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Saw something at Windsor on Wed I wasn’t very impressed with and the red F150 had a huge Savage Marine sticker across the back window.

Mark has 3 White trucks

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

You really need to worry about the guys with the RDP stickers on the back window, they are the absolute worst! 😂

spark2678

Reaction score
I’ve used these guys in a pinch and they’ve always done me right. They got my dads Nordic in a few weeks ago in a pinch, they diagnosed a bad crank position sensor and it’s ran great ever since. It’s a father/son shop and the son has been running things for over a year. Sad to hear, hope everything turns out ok.

themikearias

Reaction score
I know Brandon and Danny personally and have had them work on my boat for 6 years. I just spoke with Brandon and here is his response to everyone. He is not a member and I told him to text me what he wants to say.

My name is Brandon the owner of D&B custom marine not one person has not be able to get there boats out of yard or shop D&B is still open we had miss communication with our landlord and everything is squared away and boats are off the street and in yard. Shop was only locked up for one day. Anyone have any questions feel free to contact me. Thank You. Brandon 928-302-3627

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know Brandon and Danny personally and have had them work on my boat for 6 years. I just spoke with Brandon and here is his response to everyone. He is not a member and I told him to text me what he wants to say.

My name is Brandon the owner of D&B custom marine not one person has not be able to get there boats out of yard or shop D&B is still open we had miss communication with our landlord and everything is squared away and boats are off the street and in yard. Shop was only locked up for one day. Anyone have any questions feel free to contact me. Thank You. Brandon 928-302-3627

I was kind of wondering what the deal was, because I couldn't make heads or tails of the original posts... If the shop was just closed for a day, I don't see that as cause for huge alarm?

If the shop was out of biz and can't get the boats, then that's a different story.

The miscommunication with the landlord thing is kinda weird though..

That all said, I stick with the main shops in town for my services (nothing against them.. I just feel more comfortable with my stuff at the main shops)

RD

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I was kind of wondering what the deal was, because I couldn't make heads or tails of the original posts... If the shop was just closed for a day, I don't see that as cause for huge alarm?

If the shop was out of biz and can't get the boats, then that's a different story.

The miscommunication with the landlord thing is kinda weird though..

That all said, I stick with the main shops in town for my services (nothing against them.. I just feel more comfortable with my stuff at the main shops)

RD
I'm not sure who you consider "the main shops" but some of the ones that people call premier shops are anything but. Unless of course you happen to have a big bucks boat or a lot of clout.

hawgty55

Reaction score
I’ve used these guys in a pinch and they’ve always done me right. They got my dads Nordic in a few weeks ago in a pinch, they diagnosed a bad crank position sensor and it’s ran great ever since. It’s a father/son shop and the son has been running things for over a year. Sad to hear, hope everything turns out ok.
X2

And I had work turned down by higher-end shops that they did a great job on.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
You really need to worry about the guys with the RDP stickers on the back window, they are the absolute worst! [emoji23]

True.

This was more of a hit and run type deal..

Warlock1

Reaction score
I totally get where the Op is coming from. If I go to a shop that is either working on or storing my boat and it is locked up tighter than a drum and I cannot retrieve my property. I get worried especially if I don't visit the shop on a frequent basis. In my mind I am thinking well what are the odds that on the day I go to retrieve said property the shop is locked up then how long has this been going on? How many times has this happened? Will it be like other shops in Havasu where something similar has happened?

It's very suspicious that there was miscommunication between the landlord and the renter. I have rented houses and storage facilities for years and I've never had an issue. Maybe it's because I read the contracts and understand the rules and pay my bills on time and come to think of it. I have been late a few times because of forgetfulness but a quick reminder and monies delivered immediately. Never have I been locked out of my stuff.

Hopefully this was just a misunderstanding and the shop is good to go and nothing further becomes of it and they have continued success. I always like to see people being successful with something they are passionate with.