WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Heads up... If ya got your boat at D&B (NOT B&D Marine!) in Havasu on Acoma you might want to try and get it... or get it off the street

HitIt

Reaction score
So there was a miscommunication for one day and the landlord started pulling boats onto the street? I am assuming that becuase the owner said

"everything is squared away and boats are off the street and in yard"

That sounds super sketchy. Also, the original poster of this thread had a friend that couldn't get the boat when he went to and the owner says:

"not one person has not be able to get there boats out of yard or shop"

So who is lying?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What is a "main" shop?

people have referred to them as the big three or.. but generally shops that have been in town for years and are established.

barrett / absolute / prestige / JC / Quality marine etc

also used JJ / image and some others.. but personally I just use guys I know and trust

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
people have referred to them as the big three or.. but generally shops that have been in town for years and are established.

barrett / absolute / prestige / JC / Quality marine etc

also used JJ / image and some others.. but personally I just use guys I know and trust
JC is good, there are a couple in that list that I have not used and one that I never will again.

traquer

Reaction score
Sounds a bit fishy, but you never know the true story. Question to local guys, do these guys usually leave boats on the street or was this the first time y'all saw it? Also, in a city with boats everywhere, it's a lot different to leave a regular relatively cheap boat on the street versus a high power boat or expensive wake boat I think.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Sounds a bit fishy, but you never know the true story. Question to local guys, do these guys usually leave boats on the street or was this the first time y'all saw it? Also, in a city with boats everywhere, it's a lot different to leave a regular relatively cheap boat on the street versus a high power boat or expensive wake boat I think.
I beg to differ. That relatively cheap boat is someone's pride and joy just as the 300K DCB is to that owner.

traquer

Reaction score
I beg to differ. That relatively cheap boat is someone's pride and joy just as the 300K DCB is to that owner.
I just meant it's less likely to get stolen. I get pissed when someone forgets the cover on my $5k Sea Doo and leaves it on out in the sun LOL

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I just meant it's less likely to get stolen. I get pissed when someone forgets the cover on my $5k Sea Doo and leaves it on out in the sun LOL
The less expensive boats have stereos and propellers stolen off of them right on the street, the big boats they steal the whole thing and strip cut up and leave it in a field somewhere. I think the PD Prowls through there on a pretty frequent basis.

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
I would never do that.

KR717

Reaction score
Did your friend get his boat back?
yes and after 3 weeks not fixed, after seeing what they are they pulled boat and took it elsewhere.. as of today look at the the boats they still have parked on the street.
Glad my friends boat is not anywhere near D&B at 1609 West Acoma ( with all the theft going around I sure would not want my boat kept on the street)

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0001.jpg
    imagejpeg_0001.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 78