WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Heavy Equipment Keys

Javajoe

Reaction score
Any Heavy Equipment Rental guys on here ? I need one of those key rings that have like 100 keys all tagged to equipment, loaders, bobcats, Reach lifts etc.
I am of course willing to pay for a set. All the ones on line are not really what I’m looking for. I’m a superintendent so I always need to move shit that’s in the way or actually need to move equipment out of the way

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
LOL
Best way to get what you want is Time. Acquire your own over time by " borrowing " one from each type of equipment that you need from a rental machine. Don't forget the Master Switch keys too!
Some of those keys are Laser cut and cost several hundred dollars each.
I have 40 years worth of keys for equipment. The ones I use most these days are about 5 or 6 keys.
Cat, John Deere, Hitachi, Volvo.

shock22

Reaction score
Any Heavy Equipment Rental guys on here ? I need one of those key rings that have like 100 keys all tagged to equipment, loaders, bobcats, Reach lifts etc.
I am of course willing to pay for a set. All the ones on line are not really what I’m looking for. I’m a superintendent so I always need to move shit that’s in the way or actually need to move equipment out of the way
Amazon or Ebay have them the 56 key set should fit most everything

Nordie

Reaction score

Amazon, I bought a master set, it's almost too much stuff. That company I purchased from was actually based here in Vegas. It was almost $70. The annoying part is there are too many fucking keys. However on equipment just look at the locks and there's a number, find the corresponding key number on the ring and you're golden.

Nordie

Reaction score
First set is heavy equipment keys. If someone asks to borrow them I make them sign their life away. I use these mostly for forklifts.
Screenshot_20210212-145609_Gallery.jpg

Second set is all zoom boom and scissor lift keys, I rarely use these, but I have them if I need them
Screenshot_20210212-145618_Gallery.jpg

Javajoe

Reaction score
Yea I’ll try Amazon again. I do have a small collection. My buddy got a huge bad ass set from a rental guy. Every key is tagged. Thanks

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
My dirt guy years ago gave me a set 😉👍

4Waters

Reaction score
Getting my set going. Cat and Cat Battery, Bobcat, Deer, HAMM.

20210212_155653.jpg

Cat Battery key that I filed the tabs off, a lot of people forget to turn the Battery off and leave the key in it.

20210212_155707.jpg

Javajoe

Reaction score
Manage your jobsite better.

😆 Kidding. Always fun to give the super some shit. Happy Friday.
🤣 Well... ya know know how Low Bidders perform 🤦‍♂️ These school jobs are a shit show. I got 90mil worth of work out here and 5 projects going at once and no time to get it done. Just finished a 2 story science classroom Bldg here and had over 400 Inspections. DSA shit is such a waste of money.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Buddy up to your equipment rental salesman, they can hook you up.
Yea I’m waiting for one to come out again. We are the construction managers. We don’t rent equipment. Just the trades. I always forget to ask.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
🤣 Well... ya know know how Low Bidders perform 🤦‍♂️ These school jobs are a shit show. I got 90mil worth of work out here and 5 projects going at once and no time to get it done. Just finished a 2 story science classroom Bldg here and had over 400 Inspections. DSA shit is such a waste of money.
Where at. PLAs or Prevailing Wage. We try to stay away from DSA projects. Our engineers hate them. 😫

Tooned Up

Reaction score
LOL
Best way to get what you want is Time. Acquire your own over time by " borrowing " one from each type of equipment that you need from a rental machine. Don't forget the Master Switch keys too!
Some of those keys are Laser cut and cost several hundred dollars each.
I have 40 years worth of keys for equipment. The ones I use most these days are about 5 or 6 keys.
Cat, John Deere, Hitachi, Volvo.

This... along with Bauer and Liebherr

Icky

Reaction score
I'll have to look, I might still have my key ring from when I actually worked for a living.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Buddy up to your equipment rental salesman, they can hook you up.
Yep if you rent a lot of equipment it’s easy just ask them for a set , we get anywhere from 70 to 150 pieces of equipment on site at full speed , I like Sunbelt they treat us great , Camarillo we had 180 maybe of that 90 scissor lifts 😎👍. I’ll hang a sub list and update it weekly at our office door so the rental company kind of leaves us alone . United had a BBQ for everyone on site one day 220+ Workers 😎 and door prizes.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Yep if you rent a lot of equipment it’s easy just ask them for a set , we get anywhere from 70 to 150 pieces of equipment on site at full speed , I like Sunbelt they treat us great , Camarillo we had 180 maybe of that 90 scissor lifts 😎👍. I’ll hang a sub list and update it weekly at our office door so the rental company kind of leaves us alone . United had a BBQ for everyone on site one day 220+ Workers 😎 and door prizes.
Yea I always point them to my manpower list of contractors on the wall

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I hate to throw a monkey wrench in your plans, but all of my new equipment I have purchased in the last 4-5 years don't use keys. They have key pads you enter a code into. It's been great for keeping wanna be operators and superintendents from fucking up my shit! 😆

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I hate to throw a monkey wrench in your plans, but all of my new equipment I have purchased in the last 4-5 years don't use keys. They have key pads you enter a code into. It's been great for keeping wanna be operators and superintendents from fucking up my shit! 😆
Haven’t seen any of that yet I guess rental companies still want to collect that 35 key replacement 🤔😆 what about door locks ? Key pad or key ?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Haven’t seen any of that yet I guess rental companies still want to collect that 35 key replacement 🤔😆 what about door locks ? Key pad or key ?

All doors take a regular key. I also have given my operators there own personal code, so I can track who fucked up what or didn't fuel/grease the machine. It's getting harder for operators to blame shit on other people or not be productive for the day! 😎

Javajoe

Reaction score
All doors take a regular key. I also have given my operators there own personal code, so I can track who fucked up what or didn't fuel/grease the machine. It's getting harder for operators to blame shit on other people or not be productive for the day! 😎
All my contractors got old fucked up Iron. I’m surprised it even starts.

Bajastu

Reaction score
Been in the rental / sales industry for 25 years. 16 of those years as a used equipment manager at a CAT dealer. My collection is over the top. But the best place is Amazon to start a collection.
A8D960D4-13B9-43FD-AAE8-F3AD57E04E2B.jpeg

Last edited:

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Been in the rental / sales industry for 25 years. 16 of those years as a used equipment manager at a CAT dealer. My collection is over the top. But the best place is Amazon to start a collection. View attachment 972353
Looks like my pile 😂 if “grapes of wrath “ever comes back I’m ready to key them 👍

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I have shitloads of keys since it’s what I do. I have one key ring that just has keys for what my company owns then one key ring that my company gave me called a key for everything they get off Amazon. Comes in handy when some dumbshit blocks our stuff with a forklift. Usually a carpentero.😂 we usually have the biggest equipment on site so we can just drag shit out of the way. One time at a site at UCLA someone blocked us in, I moved that piece out to Sunset Blvd and parked it.😂

rrrr

Reaction score
If you have a CH751 and CH1250 key you can pretty much unlock every large generator enclosure made. The manufacturers all buy the same hardware.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I got a 100 plus set of amazon. I’ve yet to have it start anything.

guest hs

Reaction score
I will sell you this. There’s at least 30 different equipment keys on it.
35ED1EC4-9329-4618-BA3B-E00524EEFD25.jpeg