WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hello Fresh

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Is anyone else doing this?

Been at it a couple months now. Their meals are pretty good!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Our friends do it and they love it. They just got a delivery yesterday. We will be trying it soon.

Reactions: TPC

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Our friends do it and they love it. They just got a delivery yesterday. We will be trying it soon.

They can hook you up if they already have it!

The two person meals are always enough for three. The exception is if you get a steak meal. Yum.

78Southwind

Reaction score
My girl tried it a couple years ago and liked it. So I started it about a month ago. I like it but we change the ingredients to our taste (less salt & less onions). I have been ordering 4 servings for 4 days so 16 meals between the two of us per week. I figure why not meal prep, we can eat the other 2 meals for lunch the next day. My health insurance actually gave us some sort of deal where it was 50% off for the first box and then 15% off each box for the next 52 boxes. Seemed like a good deal, I think it is costing us around $110 per week so it comes out to less than $7 per meal.

Hello Fresh sent me something where I can send others free boxes to try so if anyone is interested send me a PM with your email and I will have them send you the information.

Here is a couple pictures of the more simpler things we have made the last couple weeks.

Hello Fresh Meatballs.jpg
Hello Fresh Slopy Joe.jpg

Dbroncos

Reaction score
been doing 2 meals a week to make life a little easier. Haven't had a bad meal yet.

poncho

Reaction score
Wife does it mixed with the local grocery store, she really likes it and if i have a good meal waiting i'm happy too...Win,win.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have a buddy that drives for UPS and says those meals sit in hot ass trucks n trailer's for a loooong time

Well since you order them the week before, how long could they actually sit for? A couple of days at the most?? :rolleyes:

They have big ol ice packs in the box. All the one's I've got have showed up with them pretty much frozen still. All the meat is stashed in the ice packs and vacumm sealed. I have yet to get anything what wasn't as fresh as it is in the store.

One thing you have to remember is, to either pause it, or make a menu selection! If you forget to do one or the other, they will send you whatever they feel like sending you! The pause thing works great if you're gonna be at the river awhile. :cool:

78Southwind

Reaction score
I have a buddy that drives for UPS and says those meals sit in hot ass trucks n trailer's for a loooong time
I have never had a box where the ice/gel was even slightly melted.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

After all is said and done, maybe five to ten bucks a meal?

They send you pretty much everything you need. Except maybe salt, pepper and oil and stuff like that. It's actually very cheap!

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark ๐Ÿ˜ข
Reaction score
After all is said and done, maybe five to ten bucks a meal?

They send you pretty much everything you need. Except maybe salt, pepper and oil and stuff like that. It's actually very cheap!
So you do have to cook ? I thought it was microwave stuff .

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Iโ€™ve wondered about that, fresh, cold. Sure sounds like a good idea and itโ€™s good know youโ€™ve all had good experiences with it. How expensive it for say 2 meals a week?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I like cooking and Iโ€™m good at it so Iโ€™ll pass , but it might de a good move for wifey ?

I think you'd like it. They aren't meals you throw in the microwave, you actually have to COOK! lol

They have a lot of cool sauces you have to make with the meals, and they are easy to whip up from scratch, after your done with the meal.

They are actually fun to make. :)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So you do have to cook ? I thought it was microwave stuff .

I've done maybe 15 so far? Not once have they called out to put Anything in a microwave oven. Regular oven, heck yeah, they even tell you where to place the rack in the oven!

They aren't meant for people that LOVE spicy stuff though. There idea of spicy is my idea of mild. They will give you red pepper flakes or sriracha for some meals. I know now to add it all, and probably add a bit more. ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ

Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Why not just make it yourself fresh then? Just asking

Everything in one neat package, no trip to grocery store to deal with fuck faces, very little food waste (not buying a whole container of something for 3 teaspoons) and for us, kinda teaches you to cook, and what spices really do what. We save the cards of the one we really like, and have made them again using our own twist with some pretty good success.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Why not just make it yourself fresh then? Just asking

I don't think you could make any of their meals for seven bucks on your own...

They send you the exact amount of sour cream, or whatever ingredients you might need for that particular meal.

Plus their recipes are pretty good!

These are some my favorites...

20210227_173944.jpg

78Southwind

Reaction score
I kind of think about it like taking a realy cheap cooking class. I have always been real basic about cooking (kind of a steak and potatoes kind of guy). So this gets me cooking different types of food. This makes it kind of fun cooking new dishes as a couple with a lot less hassle finding the right ingredients.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Okay I was a little confused as I thought you had to cook it and supply a lot of shit with it. Whatever works is the saying๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Okay I was a little confused as I thought you had to cook it and supply a lot of shit with it. Whatever works is the saying๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

They give you everything except salt, pepper and oil. I really wish I woulda done these a long time ago!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Reaction score
Everything in one neat package, no trip to grocery store to deal with fuck faces, very little food waste (not buying a whole container of something for 3 teaspoons) and for us, kinda teaches you to cook, and what spices really do what. We save the cards of the one we really like, and have made them again using our own twist with some pretty good success.

You sound like Clay(spongebob) back in the day, "why do you guys hunt and fish? You know you can buy that shit at Sam's Club!" ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Just noticed my nephews wife orders this today. Raved about it so now it's our turn to give it a try.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Touche'๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

So do they send the veggies and shit already chopped up and ready to cook?

Nope!

You have to clean em and chop em into the sizes they tell you to in the "clues" section. The vegies come just like you would get em in the store. Everything else comes in the quantities you need it in. But, you do have to look at the "clues"!

At first, I didn't read the clues section closely...

It would say, add 1 tsp of Italian spice to the bowl. I didn't notice that the Italian spice package was actually a table spoon of spice, so when it said later, add the remining Italian spice to meat, well, there was no Italian spice left!!!

I learned to read all the clues and quantiles before I started cooking. :rolleyes: :p

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I don't think you could make any of their meals for seven bucks on your own...

They send you the exact amount of sour cream, or whatever ingredients you might need for that particular meal.

Plus their recipes are pretty good!

These are some my favorites...

View attachment 977113
I could see and or argue either side of this deal, lol.
On one hand, some nights (you know the ones, lol) a program like this would be a fuggin life saver!

On the other, Iโ€™ve made 4 or 5 meals off one bone in chunk of pork I smoked. The pork cost me 6 bucks.

Do they have organic veggie options? Asking for a friend๐Ÿ˜‚

NicPaus

Reaction score
It works for some. My GF was all about it until I started cooking for her. Told her cancel it after 3rd week of throwing away half of them. It came out to around $32 a meal for 3. If you know where to shop it's cheaper . There was some good ones I really liked. And they do have everything you need which is nice. Also teaches you how to cook new things. If you don't have time to shop another plus.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I could see and or argue either side of this deal, lol.
On one hand, some nights (you know the ones, lol) a program like this would be a fuggin life saver!

On the other, Iโ€™ve made 4 or 5 meals off one bone in chunk of pork I smoked. The pork cost me 6 bucks.

Do they have organic veggie options? Asking for a friend๐Ÿ˜‚

We get 3 per week. It's absolutely a life saver! ๐Ÿ‘

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Is anyone else doing this?

Been at it a couple months now. Their meals are pretty good!

Just finished eating one lol. Franks red hot burgers. Pretty dam good.

We order for 3 meals a week. It works out really well. If there's a day that I'm working late we just save it for another night.

I like it because it's easier for me to help out for dinner. I can cook but my wife always handles it because she has recipes that and plans for the meals. This way I can just walk in the kitchen grab a bag and the recipe card and 30 minutes or so later we have a good meal.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Nope!

You have to clean em and chop em into the sizes they tell you to in the "clues" section. The vegies come just like you would get em in the store. Everything else comes in the quantities you need it in. But, you do have to look at the "clues"!

At first, I didn't read the clues section closely...

It would say, add 1 tsp of Italian spice to the bowl. I didn't notice that the Italian spice package was actually a table spoon of spice, so when it said later, add the remining Italian spice to meat, well, there was no Italian spice left!!!

I learned to read all the clues and quantiles before I started cooking. :rolleyes: :p
Lol yeah I started to read it backwards. Start with the last step. My dumb ass would just skim over the directions and miss the save this for later note.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
What are you to damn lazy to go to the store? Hopefully they send you clues with every order๐Ÿคช
Lol 100% yes. And we use instacart. They even deliver beer.

I only go too the grocery store for BBQ stuff.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
And then...

I added a couple extra thing to spice it up a bit!

20210228_185630.jpg

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark ๐Ÿ˜ข
Reaction score
With all due respect...

DUH! ๐Ÿ˜

I didn't have to go anywhere. The fridge is almost empty right now!

Tomorrow I'll make a run to the store, and waste half the day doing that, washing all the veggies and putting everything away.

Meanwhile...

Dinner was great tonight!

View attachment 977361
Lol i like building meals ๐Ÿ˜Ž if cooking paid like my SI Superintendent position I would be cooking ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜Ž