WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hello from a Canadian fellow boater

Cole Canadian

Reaction score
Haven't posted in the forums here much over the years, but have enjoyed reading the ones that are posted by others ( Good morning ect.), Up here we are also tired of covid and political crap, but occasionally good things happen. Today I was out helping my son change the engine in his Baja sunsport, when one of his friends showed up and asked how many engines had been replaced in it? He had been in the boat with us when rods and bearings went south for at least two of them, (He is sort of one of my adopted sons), Past history is that my wife and I have owned this boat for a very long time and was turned over to my son when we bought the Cole. It was the only boat that we had that stayed with us his whole life, and both my boys had a melt down when I was about to sell it. This boat was a metal-flake black hull with red and silver flake trim and a 350 mercruiser, very sharp when new. Our lake weather up hear is only 3mos. long and our family likes to take advantage of them, the boats reg. day was 6:45am practice skiing 9am till noon - fishing 1pm - 5pm, anouther ski run, tubing, giving lessons to family, friends and having a good time making memories, 6pm -8pm fishing, 8pm last ski run of the day. ( kids were competitive skiers)This boat literally ran from early morning to late evening pretty much non-stop, it has been in so many different lakes making memories for our family and friends, it was the first "real boat" they learned to drive and one that has taken them for memories with their friends, it will now take my grandson out on trips also. The count on engines was 5, the count on legs is two, the count on enjoyment from this vessel immeasurable, so as I stood there handing them wrenches (not my boat anymore) and reliving memories I couldn't think of a more positive effect that boating has had on our families. ( I'm sure you have your stories also and I would be happy to see them posted also), Thanks for reading EH! :)
Steve

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Welcome to RDP Steve.
Fantastic story of how boating unites family.

buck35

Reaction score
Haven't posted in the forums here much over the years, but have enjoyed reading the ones that are posted by others ( Good morning ect.), Up here we are also tired of covid and political crap, but occasionally good things happen. Today I was out helping my son change the engine in his Baja sunsport, when one of his friends showed up and asked how many engines had been replaced in it? He had been in the boat with us when rods and bearings went south for at least two of them, (He is sort of one of my adopted sons), Past history is that my wife and I have owned this boat for a very long time and was turned over to my son when we bought the Cole. It was the only boat that we had that stayed with us his whole life, and both my boys had a melt down when I was about to sell it. This boat was a metal-flake black hull with red and silver flake trim and a 350 mercruiser, very sharp when new. Our lake weather up hear is only 3mos. long and our family likes to take advantage of them, the boats reg. day was 6:45am practice skiing 9am till noon - fishing 1pm - 5pm, anouther ski run, tubing, giving lessons to family, friends and having a good time making memories, 6pm -8pm fishing, 8pm last ski run of the day. ( kids were competitive skiers)This boat literally ran from early morning to late evening pretty much non-stop, it has been in so many different lakes making memories for our family and friends, it was the first "real boat" they learned to drive and one that has taken them for memories with their friends, it will now take my grandson out on trips also. The count on engines was 5, the count on legs is two, the count on enjoyment from this vessel immeasurable, so as I stood there handing them wrenches (not my boat anymore) and reliving memories I couldn't think of a more positive effect that boating has had on our families. ( I'm sure you have your stories also and I would be happy to see them posted also), Thanks for reading EH! :)
Steve
Very cool. What lake or lakes do you frequent?

Essexive G's

Reaction score
Welcome Steve. Great story. What made it especially nice is that you can spell and punctuate, correctly. ;)

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
Hi Steve, that's a great post. Families and boating go together!

bocco

Reaction score
Makwa lake (5 lakes interconnected) is our home lake, but we like to move around to different one's also. Once you get into our northern half, lakes are like McDonalds - they are everywhere. Thanks for reading.
Rub it in. Go ahead and rub it in. Lot's of lakes but I'm guessing your boating season is a little shorter.

Welcome to the site. We do have a membership requirement. You need to post up pics of the boat, the lakes, wife or girlfriend and general family boating fun.

Cole Canadian

Reaction score
Rub it in. Go ahead and rub it in. Lot's of lakes but I'm guessing your boating season is a little shorter.

Welcome to the site. We do have a membership requirement. You need to post up pics of the boat, the lakes, wife or girlfriend and general family boating fun.
Ever been fishing when you have to break the ice away to leave the dock? Not real computer savvy but will see what my wife can do for pics. Girlfriends are my toys!
Happy Father's Day Everyone!
20200621_101153.jpg
20200620_132138.jpg

20160806_141548.jpg

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Welcome Steve. Great story. What made it especially nice is that you can spell and punctuate, correctly. ;)

Not so good with paragraphs though (the irony here is strong)! 🤪 Fixed it:

Haven't posted in the forums here much over the years, but have enjoyed reading the ones that are posted by others ( Good morning ect.), Up here we are also tired of covid and political crap, but occasionally good things happen.

Today I was out helping my son change the engine in his Baja sunsport, when one of his friends showed up and asked how many engines had been replaced in it? He had been in the boat with us when rods and bearings went south for at least two of them, (He is sort of one of my adopted sons),

Past history is that my wife and I have owned this boat for a very long time and was turned over to my son when we bought the Cole. It was the only boat that we had that stayed with us his whole life, and both my boys had a melt down when I was about to sell it. This boat was a metal-flake black hull with red and silver flake trim and a 350 mercruiser, very sharp when new.

Our lake weather up hear is only 3mos. long and our family likes to take advantage of them, the boats reg. day was 6:45am practice skiing 9am till noon - fishing 1pm - 5pm, anouther ski run, tubing, giving lessons to family, friends and having a good time making memories, 6pm -8pm fishing, 8pm last ski run of the day. ( kids were competitive skiers)This boat literally ran from early morning to late evening pretty much non-stop, it has been in so many different lakes making memories for our family and friends, it was the first "real boat" they learned to drive and one that has taken them for memories with their friends, it will now take my grandson out on trips also.

The count on engines was 5, the count on legs is two, the count on enjoyment from this vessel immeasurable, so as I stood there handing them wrenches (not my boat anymore) and reliving memories I couldn't think of a more positive effect that boating has had on our families. ( I'm sure you have your stories also and I would be happy to see them posted also), Thanks for reading EH! :)
Steve

Sounds like you're raising your kids right!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Great story and that is one hell of a lot of boating per day!!
Nice Cole and looking forward to seeing more pics from where you boat!