WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hello from Bullhead City

Matt Mead

Reaction score
Not sure if we are required to make a post in here, but I'm doing it anyway.

IMG_20201117_111130.jpg

My family has a 21' Shockwave with a Marine Power LS3 and jet drive. GM shipped Marine Power a long block with a blown head gasket from the factory and they didn't catch it in testing, so we have gone on an amazing year long journey to try and get it repaired under warranty. The heads are currently in a machine shop down in Havasu.

IMG_20200709_203200.jpg

I bought an old 18' Tahiti with an Evinrude 175 on it that me and my cousin hope to get dancing on the water eventually. Two stroke motors are pretty much my favorite thing in the world. We did the stringer, floor and are now working on the interior. Motor runs OK. We will get her singing one day.

IMG_20210319_101019.jpg

We have a SeaDoo GTX as our boatercycle. Never has an issue and doesn't need to the river to be "up", so it's a good backup ride.

IMG_20210224_143524.jpg

And then I have a friend who takes me out on all the other days in his Yamaha 24'. We upgraded the stereo system in it and also have found out that the engine computers are nearly impossible to connect to (don't ask, lol).

Anyway, I've known about this forum forever, but I get sucked into Facebook most of the time. Decided it was time to register. Hello from Bullhead City!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Welcome aboard 👍
The Lounge is the main social network.

Reactions: DWC

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Nice intro, welcome!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Welcome from the south end of town!

Ladsm

Reaction score
Love your Shockwave!! We are in Bullhead also in Palo Verde Meadows. We run the Bullhead strip all the way down to Havasu.

b1.jpg

Reaction score

View attachment 1092157
My family has a 21' Shockwave with a Marine Power LS3 and jet drive. GM shipped Marine Power a long block with a blown head gasket from the factory and they didn't catch it in testing, so we have gone on an amazing year long journey to try and get it repaired under warranty. The heads are currently in a machine shop down in Havasu.

View attachment 1092158
I bought an old 18' Tahiti with an Evinrude 175 on it that me and my cousin hope to get dancing on the water eventually. Two stroke motors are pretty much my favorite thing in the world. We did the stringer, floor and are now working on the interior. Motor runs OK. We will get her singing one day.

View attachment 1092159
We have a SeaDoo GTX as our boatercycle. Never has an issue and doesn't need to the river to be "up", so it's a good backup ride.

View attachment 1092160
And then I have a friend who takes me out on all the other days in his Yamaha 24'. We upgraded the stereo system in it and also have found out that the engine computers are nearly impossible to connect to (don't ask, lol).

Anyway, I've known about this forum forever, but I get sucked into Facebook most of the time. Decided it was time to register. Hello from Bullhead City!
Mike Sirchia here. Had a vacation home in B H C since 1974. We retired in 2003 and now live here. We had a Baker Rally Sport built by Jerry and rigged by Allen Stoker in 1981. Original 235 Evinrude lasted till 2012 and Ted Miller at All Seasons Marine put together a 200 X P Rude for us. Great ski boat and still suprizes people who don't know about Baker hulls. We still have it and still get out on the River. It will be 42 years old in June. Here's a pic. If you see us out on the River give a hollor. and we can get together.
IMG950109~2.jpg

Matt Mead

Reaction score
Mike Sirchia here. Had a vacation home in B H C since 1974. We retired in 2003 and now live here. We had a Baker Rally Sport built by Jerry and rigged by Allen Stoker in 1981. Original 235 Evinrude lasted till 2012 and Ted Miller at All Seasons Marine put together a 200 X P Rude for us. Great ski boat and still suprizes people who don't know about Baker hulls. We still have it and still get out on the River. It will be 42 years old in June. Here's a pic. If you see us out on the River give a hollor. and we can get together. View attachment 1108641

Wow that thing super nice and just my style. Trying to get my 1987 175 Evinrude to run well right now. Definitely lots of sleepless nights and looking at it all torn apart right now going "What the hell did I get myself in to?" Hahaha. Sometimes it seems nice to just take it to someone, hand them a fistful of cash and say "Just make me something awesome".

Reaction score
All Seasons Marine in Bolder has serviced my Baker for at least 20 + years. Ted Miller and his sons Pat and Mike are well worth the ride to Bolder City Nv. (702) 293-4499. If you ever call them let them know I gave you their number. If you need service It could be a great ice breaker. They work on some wild motor boats.

Matt Mead

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. After poking my head in just about every shop around here and one in Havasu I'm still looking for a good one.

Reaction score
I am an old River Rat. Our first trip to Telephone Cove Az. was 1969. We do our boating and skiing on the Colorado River now. Launch out of Rotary Park. We bought our lot in Riviera in 1974. Riviera had its own launch ramp back then. I hope we can get together some day.

Matt Mead

Reaction score
Telephone Cove is my current test spot due to several factors being in my favor. I just blew a $16 idle jet across my garage and can't find it, otherwise the Tahiti might have been out on a test and tune day and Telephone this weekend. I'll PM you next time we go out. We also like Big Bend with the reliable toys, lol.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

View attachment 1092157

View attachment 1092158

View attachment 1092159

View attachment 1092160

Sounds like you got this thing squared away. Welcome to the forum.