WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hello from Louisiana!

BarbieHunter

Reaction score
Hello to everyone!! Coming all the way from Louisiana!! I work in the oilfield, deepwater offshore in the Gulf of Mexico for a living and to support the wife an I's boating habit. We purchased a 2003 28' Magic Deckboat from the great guys at Maxed out Marine and had it delivered to us in Louisiana. Those guys really were a pleasure to work with and we had an awesome buying experience.:thumbup: Really wanted to drive there to go get it and spend a few days boating the incredible water ways you guys are privileged to. Only questions I can get answers to concerning the boat locally are ones about the engine and drive, not the hull. So I'm here to listen and learn more about my boat as well as make a few friends and have a good laugh!! Here's a few pics of us and the float!!

20160313_182928.jpg 20160505_120602.jpg 20160504_134855.jpg 20160506_133910.jpg 20161011_103558.jpg Attach4709_20160724_145500.jpg

milkmoney

Reaction score
Welcome the circus. [emoji12][emoji106][emoji202]

There is a lot of knowledge here on the boards about ur hull and many other things.
Lucky guy [emoji106] and nice sled [emoji41][emoji106][emoji319]

BarbieHunter

Reaction score
What's up Hunter!!!
Hey hey Paul! Man just trying to get ready for next year's adventures! Last year we got a good feel for the boat, how she handled etc. No issues whatsoever, rock solid boat!

I'm kinda wanting to push the top speed envelope a little. I think she has way more in her and the current setup is pulling the reigns and playing it real safe. Loaded down with gas and gear for the day and 11 people, gets on plane in no time and can run high 60's. Just me and gas, shoots out the hole, hits about 80 and Rev limiter real quick. Running 26p 4 blade Signature prop, 1:50 in the lower.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
That's pretty damn respectable. [emoji106]

Enen

Reaction score
Welcome. I purchased a my new engines in Ponchatoula. Total Performance Marine. Great guy. I really want to attend Tic Faw.

BarbieHunter

Reaction score
Welcome. I purchased a my new engines in Ponchatoula. Total Performance Marine. Great guy. I really want to attend Tic Faw.

Yes those are some great guys there. The Tickfaw 200 is a blast!!! Hell, just boating the Tickfaw river and its connecting waterways is a great time. But the 200 should be on everyones bucket list of "must do boating adventure" list. Words cant even describe it, have to see it to believe it.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Looks like a blast. Hoping to get another boat once we settle into Dallas...we honesty can't wait to check out some new tings like Tickfaw, which looks to be only a few hours away?

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
Welcome and nice Float! 80 MPH is cooking in that hull. I will tell you that the Maxed Out Marine guys have a great name in Arizona, Good People IMOP. I really am interested in the boating you guys do? Please stay with RDP and post the boating in the Green. I boated in Grand Lake of the Cherokee this year from AZ for the GLOC Shootout and it was so Green! I loved the lake and the Shootout, plus it was GREEN. I really want to make the TickFaw200 but it's always so close to Desert Storm..

Cheers,

Bo

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Welcome to RDP...Nice looking boat.
80 is pretty dang good in that boat, what kind of power is in it?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Welcome to RDP...Nice looking boat.
80 is pretty dang good in that boat, what kind of power is in it?

It's a Mercury Racing 575 with a Whipple upgrade and intercooler

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Haha. I just noticed my old boat in the background. [emoji106] IMG_4306.JPG

BarbieHunter

Reaction score
Welcome and nice Float! 80 MPH is cooking in that hull. I will tell you that the Maxed Out Marine guys have a great name in Arizona, Good People IMOP. I really am interested in the boating you guys do? Please stay with RDP and post the boating in the Green. I boated in Grand Lake of the Cherokee this year from AZ for the GLOC Shootout and it was so Green! I loved the lake and the Shootout, plus it was GREEN. I really want to make the TickFaw200 but it's always so close to Desert Storm..

Cheers,

Bo

We don't have much "green water" close to us. Its starts getting "green / clear" around Gulf Shores, Alabama then gets even better the further you drive East. We are primarily coastal boaters (travel I-10), but I have yet to introduce our new boat to salt water. Tickfaw 200 should definitely be on your list of events to do eventually, unlike any other I'm sure of it!! Other major events along the Gulf Coast consist of Outlaw Challenge in Texas, Smokin the Sound in Biloxi Mississippi, Emerald Coast Poker Run in Destin Florida. Those are just a few of the big ones where people come from all over the country to attend, but also throughout the year, those 3 places and including the Tickfaw River area host other runs and events that will keep your schedule full!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing more about where and how you guys boat out there! I'd love to send Go Pro's out there! If you have a second just stick em on the boat and hit the button! We'd love to see it out here for sure!

RD

BarbieHunter

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing more about where and how you guys boat out there! I'd love to send Go Pro's out there! If you have a second just stick em on the boat and hit the button! We'd love to see it out here for sure!

RD
So sorry I'm just seeing this now. Yes I'm totally interested in helping you out with some footage. Let me know what I need to do!