WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hello From the Northwoods

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Hello. I first found this site when somebody came into Scream and Fly complaining that he was kicked out of here for his stance on politics. That person was also kicked out of S&F in short order for reasons I am not quite sure of. Anyways, that brought me over here and while I have been reading a lot of what has gone on here, I finally decided to join and maybe add a bit here and there if it is appropriate.

I will admit, off the top, the boats you guys have are so much nicer, faster, and bigger then what I have. But that does not discourage me. I am happy with what I have and will be happy with what I have in the future. Of course the next one is bigger, faster, shinier, etc. etc.

Anyways, looking forward to the ride.

--Joe

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Late 70's Checkmate Tri-mate. This is what it looked like when I bought it. Have since then wet sanded it, replaced the core, transom and floor. Re-powered it with a looper 140 and a 6"set-back jack plate. Have done some work on the bottom, not sure it would be considered blue-printed though. Currently runs mid 60's top end or pull your arms out of your shoulders with a ski prop and motor set down on the plate.

100_0121.JPG

azsunfun

Reaction score
Hello. I first found this site when somebody came into Scream and Fly complaining that he was kicked out of here for his stance on politics. That person was also kicked out of S&F in short order for reasons I am not quite sure of. Anyways, that brought me over here and while I have been reading a lot of what has gone on here, I finally decided to join and maybe add a bit here and there if it is appropriate.

I will admit, off the top, the boats you guys have are so much nicer, faster, and bigger then what I have. But that does not discourage me. I am happy with what I have and will be happy with what I have in the future. Of course the next one is bigger, faster, shinier, etc. etc.

Anyways, looking forward to the ride.

--Joe
no politics here! 🤣 your fired!

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
no politics here! 🤣 your fired!

* you're 😁

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Yeah, I try to stay away from politics. I have my opinion, you have yours, likely neither one of us will change each others minds. Just thought it was funny that I found this place because of a guy complaining about politics here. Then he was banned from S&F and I tell ya, you have to really try to get banned from that site. A lot of things get deleted but only a handful of people have been banned in all the time I have been there.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the madness
Missing pic of super model that rides with ya 😁

Don’t matter what you float long as you enjoy the time on d water and hate the lake lice
You’ll fit in
Where do you boat ?
But don’t forget to say it’s closed so no one goes there
🍻

Andy B.

Reaction score
Late 70's Checkmate Tri-mate. This is what it looked like when I bought it. Have since then wet sanded it, replaced the core, transom and floor. Re-powered it with a looper 140 and a 6"set-back jack plate. Have done some work on the bottom, not sure it would be considered blue-printed though. Currently runs mid 60's top end or pull your arms out of your shoulders with a ski prop and motor set down on the plate.

View attachment 1023983

Looks like a he'll of alotta fun to me nice!

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Welcome to the madness
Missing pic of super model that rides with ya 😁

Don’t matter what you float long as you enjoy the time on d water and hate the lake lice
You’ll fit in
Where do you boat ?
But don’t forget to say it’s closed so no one goes there
🍻

My 13 year old is on her way to being a super model. No current pictures available.
I am located about 60 miles N of Green Bay. I keep the boat at my parents lake house. About a 60 acre lake that is great for weekday use, and some weekends are not too busy. There is a handful of other lakes of various sizes and then a river reservoir that has about a 10 mile stretch of usable water all within 15 or so miles from where I keep the boat. Of course they are all closed indefinitely so you might want to avoid the area.

Looks like a he'll of alotta fun to me nice!

It is a lot of fun. Has been a lot of work, too. Replacing the transom and the floor was not too bad, but grinding out that core was an SOB. My last boat was a GLasstron Carlson CVX 21. I think the letters were CVX, might be wrong about that though. It had a 200 Johnson and would run in the low 70's. Kids come along and they want to ride up front in the open bow, so that is how I ended up with the Checkmate. The motor on it now, a 140 looper needed new reeds. While I was in there I installed stuffers, put on an earlier set of heads to raise the compression, and removed the intake silencer box as well re-jetted the carbs to accommodate all the changes. The boat is a freaking rocket now, especially when I run the 17" prop. Next boat will be a tunnel hull and I will be looking to get into the triple digits.

Nice looking boat

Thank you.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Joe!

Greg has done a great job with Scream and Fly over the years..

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Joe!

Greg has done a great job with Scream and Fly over the years..

Thank you, very nice to be here.

Yes, S&F is a great place and a bunch of the members are very experienced at all levels of building boats and motors. Look forward to navigating around here and see what you gus are up to. Have alread seen some impressive things here yet I have barely looked.