WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help - 1975 E250 Window Regulator Drivers side.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I am normally pretty good at finding stuff. I have a neighbor that has a 1975 Ford E250 Econoline van, with a 5.8. it is a club wagon. I can not find the window regulator for the drivers window for him. The regulator is basically the raising/lowering device for the window - this is a manual, NOT electric.

I have found some that list is as good for a E250 but don't mention the years of application..... I contact them and nope, not for 75' and they don't have one.

Anyone have a suggestion, my next step is the Junk yards. anyone have another suggestion.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Does it share the door with another body style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hav19

Big Member
Reaction score
Has he actually removed the regulator to see the issue? Last week we had a 1980ish E van come in with the left door window inop. My Tech looks at it and of course states it needs a window regulator in 2 seconds, I couldn't find one, so I had the tech remove it, low and behold the two spot welds that hold the regulator cog to the arm broke, we re-timed everything, welded the cog back in place and boom, window up and working. With everything made to be thrown away now days, my Tech is young enough he stated he had never been able to fix a window regulator before, LOL.....

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Has he actually removed the regulator to see the issue? Last week we had a 1980ish E van come in with the left door window inop. My Tech looks at it and of course states it needs a window regulator in 2 seconds, I couldn't find one, so I had the tech remove it, low and behold the two spot welds that hold the regulator cog to the arm broke, we re-timed everything, welded the cog back in place and boom, window up and working. With everything made to be thrown away now days, my Tech is young enough he stated he had never been able to fix a window regulator before, LOL.....

I don't know for sure, I heard that the gears are stripped.... I will ask if the have actually looked at it. THANKS

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I saw several, search 1975 E250 window regulator. Nothing to go through.
I think there was 1 guy parting out quite a few. Good luck.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Not really possible for the gears to actually strip, there is not not enough load on it.

What usually happens is the pivot gets loose where it is stamped together or the lower track separates.

Pull it out and take a look, I have fixed plenty with afro-engineering the pivot of where the scissors connect and the lower track slides.

Many times it is just smashing the old connector flat so it becomes tight again, and some grease and viola, reman regulator.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The early style gears get loose on the pivot, allowing the gears to skip. Sometimes you can repair by welding up the area hogged out. As @SBMech says, the rollers in tracks go to hell. Ford used blue, red and white ones. They crack and the tracks fall. If that's the case, Dennis Carpenter Industries in N.Carolina. They pretty much get first right of refusal on all Ford's discontinued tooling. His son I believe runs the show now, but Dennis's stuff works like it should.