WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help in Stateline

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
My niece is on her way to visit her grandparents in Mesquite. Stuck in Stateline with a check engine light and car won't move. Some sort of slow leak but I had her check all fluids and all is good. Car won't rev up even in neutral or park so computer is keeping safe or throttle cable maybe broke if it has one of those.

Anybody near there right now? Anyone have any ideas. Her dad isn't exactly a genius in this department. They have AAA but only basic and no mechanics anywhere. If I knew he'd pay the. If tell her to have it towed but since he's cheap I'm trying to see if there is another option but most importantly not delaying a 19 year old girl and her dog being stuck in the desert.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Steve to the white courtesy phone. [emoji2]

That sucks.

Yep. Hoping the tranny isn't toast. Sounds like it goes into gear but just won't go. Thinking (at least hoping) it's just a sensor on the tranny. Darn Nissans.

Her grandpa is on his way now. But I think it still needs to get to Vegas. Gonna need some shop recommendations so they don't get hosed.

Even if I could leave right now it would take forever. Friday afternoon from SoCal.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
My niece is on her way to visit her grandparents in Mesquite. Stuck in Stateline with a check engine light and car won't move. Some sort of slow leak but I had her check all fluids and all is good. Car won't rev up even in neutral or park so computer is keeping safe or throttle cable maybe broke if it has one of those.

Anybody near there right now? Anyone have any ideas. Her dad isn't exactly a genius in this department. They have AAA but only basic and no mechanics anywhere. If I knew he'd pay the. If tell her to have it towed but since he's cheap I'm trying to see if there is another option but most importantly not delaying a 19 year old girl and her dog being stuck in the desert.

I'm out in Boulder City, about an hour or so from stateline, If it comes down to being an emergency situation i can leave the shop and go out there. If you need to call me my # is Seven Zero Two 291 Eighty Fifty.

Edit: Just saw your response, I'm not sure if Steve's shop does that work, he is reputable. Also i have a guy out in boulder city that is extremely reputable.

Hammer

Reaction score
Yep. Hoping the tranny isn't toast. Sounds like it goes into gear but just won't go. Thinking (at least hoping) it's just a sensor on the tranny. Darn Nissans.

Her grandpa is on his way now. But I think it still needs to get to Vegas. Gonna need some shop recommendations so they don't get hosed.

Even if I could leave right now it would take forever. Friday afternoon from SoCal.

Best Muffler Shop in Vegas. That's 2ff's shop.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I'm out in Boulder City, about an hour or so from stateline, If it comes down to being an emergency situation i can leave the shop and go out there. If you need to call me my # is Seven Zero Two 291 Eighty Fifty.

Edit: Just saw your response, I'm not sure if Steve's shop does that work, he is reputable. Also i have a guy out in boulder city that is extremely reputable.

Thanks. Her grandpa is on the way so I think we are good there now. That was my biggest concern. I've taught the girl how to shoot but it doesn't help if she's not packing.

Dodo head parents. No way in hell will my daughter be driving across the desert alone. At least not without some preparation as a last resort. She's only three so I've got some time to prep her.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Her grandpa got their and replaced a fuse and they are driving. Still has check engine light but at least they can get to Mesquite. I said if they can't fix or get it fixed then I'll send them to Steve in Vegas.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Thanks. Her grandpa is on the way so I think we are good there now. That was my biggest concern. I've taught the girl how to shoot but it doesn't help if she's not packing.

Dodo head parents. No way in hell will my daughter be driving across the desert alone. At least not without some preparation as a last resort. She's only three so I've got some time to prep her.

She's only three? Ain't that kinda young to be driving all by herself?

:D

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
She's only three? Ain't that kinda young to be driving all by herself?

:D

You must be drinking. I said my daughter is only three. My niece is 19. We do our best to fill in the huge gaps her parents have left but she doesn't live under my roof.

If she did then I'd find every way possible not to let her drive across the desert alone. And if she did then she'd have at least a basic knowledge of cars, AAA Premier, emergency supplies, spare cash and credit card and a firearm.

But at the very minimum a friend. Strength in numbers and all that jazz.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Wow.. Wish I could help out, but our Cadillac broke down last night at the here in Vegas last night. Towed to a shop at midnight, then home to bed. Shop called today- needs new alternator. Had it towed back to my home for $75 and taught my son how to replace an alternator for another $200.

I used 1touch towing $75 for a flatbed truck.
Don's DI auto repair is my shop of choice. Honest and fair. Talk to Paul. Tell him Gary sent you. (The guy with the Escalade, Jag and T-bird he's worked on them all)

77charger

Reaction score
Crap should have logged on earlier I went thru there about 7:30 and have a code reader in my truck. I'm on way to Powell

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
which way are they headed....and do they still need help??? I can check the codes and see what it needs... also have a trailer if needed

what fuse did they replace???

also, we have a complete automotive shop

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

guess I missed this... is she on the road??

77charger

Reaction score
which way are they headed....and do they still need help??? I can check the codes and see what it needs... also have a trailer if needed

what fuse did they replace???

also, we have a complete automotive shop

:thumbup: saw the last thread where you helped out. Very cool of you for stepping up shows there's still great people out there.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
guess I missed this... is she on the road??

Yeah they are in Mesquite. I told her if they go to Vegas to let me know as I'll send them to you.

I don't know what fuse they replaced as her grandpa didn't give her much info.

I'm glad he went and got her. I just didn't want to take any chances with her. Such a good kid.

This place is a riot. Such a looney bin, yet so full of class acts. [emoji106]

shawngr

Reaction score
Just seen this thread...If you need any other help in Vegas let me know. Sounds like Steve has you covered though. Have a good day..[emoji106]🏽[emoji106]🏽[emoji106]🏽