WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help me with a list of performance boat builders that have gone under.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Fountain (bought in the forclosure but hasn't produced a single boat in a few years so to me they are out), Powerquest, Scarab, kachina, magic (still for sale in Havasu I believe but that is because they built some 150 of them minus motors; they flooded the auction scence for awhile), sleekcraft, awesome,

Scarab is still around, Scarab by wellcraft is out. Larry smith has a couple old molds. He has the 43, the 17 and a couple of more utility style boats. He is really pushing this electric and diesel thing with his boats

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Canyon
Kurtis
Spectra
Southwind
Dimarco
Stevens
Dragoncraft (thankfully)
Raysoncraft
Challenger

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score
I think the definition of "recent years" is getting a little loose....

Groper

Reaction score

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Was dana boats ever affiliated with dana marine?

azmedic2007

Reaction score
Sanger is most deff Not out. They just build roll bar boats now. Last I heard (from one of their videos on the website) They still have possession of One or more of their old flatty molds, but will not lay them up.

They only build the rollbar boats AND the tournament ski boats. Will build an occasional flat and hydro for special customers.

azmedic2007

Reaction score
Canyon
Kurtis
Spectra
Southwind
Dimarco
Stevens
Dragoncraft (thankfully)
Raysoncraft
Challenger

Southwind is still in business but only builds on an order basis. He's located in Rancho Cordova, CA and has a website. He has 2 blanks sitting in the shop right now that some socal people were hot and heavy to have made but never paid. They weigh 290# blank.

Last edited:

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Keaton.

Jack's son wanted nothing to do with it.

azmedic2007

Reaction score
how far back do you want to go? Bahner, Anthony, Rogers, etc., jet boats of the 70's and 80's.....Weren't most of these boats splashes of each other anyway? What about all those offshore boats back in the glory days....Chris Craft, Magnum, Sonic....

Chris Craft is still in business and doing well. There are a ton of new hulls running around here in Tahoe. You can buy a 20' for about 70k now.
Others that are gone:

Belmont boats out of Fresno
Avenger boats got bought by Maruader Marine
rayson-craft boats
brendella, however it got absorbed into the family company by Jim Brendella

Bradsrvrtoy.

Reaction score
Well this thread is all wrong.....:) I guess the question should have been what boats are still being produced today?! Fountain, donzi and Baja were bought by a firm a few years back, company is only building fishing boats though out of the North Carolina Plant. They haven't produced a single fountain, or donzi out of that plant in years. Also, Scarab is gone, name sold but they also have not produced a scarab in years, Guy who bought the name might hold rights but lets be real there aren't any scarab's being built. kachina is doing service but I think the old owner was forced to take it back with Louies passing, not sure they will ever recover, but they were never big to begin with. Most boat companies have been dormant for a few years now, it will be interesting to see who keeps it all alive! look at how many 2010-2011 boats are out there. Not too many. They have good reason too the price of new boats has nearly doubled in the past 15 years. The entire boat from the resin to the upholstery is a petroleum product so manufacturers saw huge increases. Almost making new boats unaffordable.

titanpb27

Reaction score
ProLine Fish Boats are being built at the Fountain factory. Baja, Fountain, Donzi, molds are there also.

I would be interested in the location, owner and selling price of the Aftershock 26 Cat molds. Anybody know who, where or how much?

craiger88

Reaction score
I would be interested in the location, owner and selling price of the Aftershock 26 Cat molds. Anybody know who, where or how much?

I think Kevin (used to be at Cheetah i think) with Carrera Boats has several of the Aftershock molds. He's in the Inland Empire.

McRib

Reaction score
I think Kevin (used to be at Cheetah i think) with Carrera Boats has several of the Aftershock molds. He's in the Inland Empire.

Yes kevin has almost all the aftershock and carrera molds with a few others also. He used to be cheetha boats then changed his name to something I cant remember. All the molds are neatly arranged in a dirt lot behind his house (or someone elses house) in Murrieta. I delivered one of the bigger molds to the property a couple of years ago. Hes a great guy and had a plan that may be on hold. He has a build thread of a 257 on here from last year some time. Havent heard anything since.

playdeep

Reaction score
Black Thunder...
Built in Missouri...I think.

Carrera Boats

Boat Manufacturer
Reaction score
Yes kevin has almost all the aftershock and carrera molds with a few others also. He used to be cheetha boats then changed his name to something I cant remember. All the molds are neatly arranged in a dirt lot behind his house (or someone elses house) in Murrieta. I delivered one of the bigger molds to the property a couple of years ago. Hes a great guy and had a plan that may be on hold. He has a build thread of a 257 on here from last year some time. Havent heard anything since.

Thanks, we have been laying low, building our empire and getting ready to start building more boats soon! All the molds, Carrera, Aftershock, Cole, Crusader and miscellaneous others have been moved to our shop in Hemet near the airport. We are getting ready to expand our building and make some improvements to our location. We have a few small projects going on, including tooling a new gullwing and the new 275 Cat. I will keep you guys posted on the progress. Thanks for thinking of us, been out of the picture for awhile, I lost my pop's several months ago and it took the wind out of my sails! :(

jsquaredgc

Reaction score
Not sure where you heard Ultra is out of business. Never stopped building boats. Moved a couple of times, but still building, just not a lot. Here is the latest 28 Shadow deck just out of the mold and a 23 Shadow waiting for sand and buff. Have a 22 Stealth and 21 Stealth on order going in the molds soon too.
jupy4a2u.jpg

y5u9e3yz.jpg

asyza7a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That 23 looks REALLY familiar....I know I have seen that color scheme before?

Let me thnk about this and I know it will come to me

McRib

Reaction score
Soooooo. What ever happened with the cool project we were supposed to see the monday after the OP? Did I miss it??

Anarchy Powerboats

Reaction score
Soooooo. What ever happened with the cool project we were supposed to see the monday after the OP? Did I miss it??

Working on it still, I think I am going to roll it out before I spill the beans. Otherwise it's all talk. Worth the wait.