WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help needed...2007 Dodge Ram Megacab sunroof leaking big time.

waterhorse

Reaction score
Major water leak in my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab sunroof. I have dropped the headliner and cleared all 4 drain tubes, 2 front and 2 rear. It appears the perimeter rubber seal on the sliding sunroof has shrunk and is no longer sealing tight enough, letting in more water than the 4 drains can flow out. If I have to replace the sunroof panel to get a new seal I will, just seems extravagent since this perimeter seal is apparently unavailable from MOPAR.
Just looking for some other ideas before I plop down nearly $600.00 for a new sunroof panel just to get a fresh seal.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Seems the sunroof outer seal on all sunroofs is not replaceable and is part of the sunroof.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
its on the roof where no one will see... pull the fuse for the sunroof so you cant accidentally open it. done.

81F6e4iPHVL._AC_SY450_.jpg

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
looks like the seal is part of the glass...

05139932AA_0001__ra_p.jpg

fishing fool

Reaction score
Here is another one. It is showing that the blue drain tubes are cracked and theat it where the leak is at.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If you use the Phil Swift stuff, it sets in like 60 seconds.
Great stuff but it starts setting before ya get it all applied and is dam near set as you put it down.
-Jus' sayin.' Test it before you apply it.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Major water leak in my 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab sunroof. I have dropped the headliner and cleared all 4 drain tubes, 2 front and 2 rear. It appears the perimeter rubber seal on the sliding sunroof has shrunk and is no longer sealing tight enough, letting in more water than the 4 drains can flow out. If I have to replace the sunroof panel to get a new seal I will, just seems extravagent since this perimeter seal is apparently unavailable from MOPAR.
Just looking for some other ideas before I plop down nearly $600.00 for a new sunroof panel just to get a fresh seal.

Did you actually pour water down each drain to verify they were flowing correctly?

Those four tubes were designed to handle quite a bit of water! Sunroofs were not designed to seal.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Drain tubes get plugged up all the time. Usually leaves and debris. I have had to clean out drain tubes many times. I have also seen the tubes become dislodged around the sunroof channel and water just pours in.

boatpi

Reaction score
Most of the sunroofs were made by American sunroof Google them and see if you can come up with a new seal

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Mine has leak two hours after I bought it and they still can't get it to stop. It's down to the point they are talking about replacing the truck.

waterhorse

Reaction score
Did you actually pour water down each drain to verify they were flowing correctly?

Those four tubes were designed to handle quite a bit of water! Sunroofs were not designed to seal.
Yes, I have cleared all 4 of the drain tubes.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Yes, I have cleared all 4 of the drain tubes.

Cleared as in how? Remove the grommets at the ends where they drop out behind the fender and cab, did you run a scope down and check or are you just blowing air down it?

Sunroofs are designed to leak water, and should be able to drain almost anything less than a hurricane type situation.

My bet is that they are choked up still with debris or a build up of sediments (narrowing the drain like a clogged artery).

I see this all the time in BMW's and Mercedes, I've had to run a long bottle brush down through them sometimes to clear them completely.