WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help out your old neighbors.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
We have a couple senior citizens on our block. Two different neighbors, both in their 80's. The professor next door has kids in town to help him. But the other one, not so much. The old gal across the street has lived here since the homes were brand new. 1962, I think. Her son recently moved in to help her out as she's getting a bit feeble. He's a commercial pilot. He obviously travels all the time. She told me that he came down with a fever while on a stop up in Montana, and got grounded. So he is quarantined, and being tested. I had not seen his truck for a week or so.

I went over to check on her, and she's doing fine. He left her pretty well stocked, but I asked if she needed anything from the market. My wife was going shopping and it would be easy to pick up a few extra items. She wanted a few simple things. My wife bought them and I dropped em off. She was so happy.

Anyway, here's a friendly RDP reminder to pay it forward and use that River Respect all the time. See if your old fart neighbors could use a hand during the quarantine.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Yeah, we hav e a few in the neighborhood. If we don’t see them every couple of days we make excuses like bringing them flowers from the yard. We had a sad one 6 years ago while we were out of town. She never had anyone visit her for the 10 years we lived here. She passed and no one knew for 5 days.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
hey I'm an old guy.....
I could use some $$$$$ in these rough times...

I figured all I need to retire is a measly $10 from each member on here... (175k members..... should do the trick...)

I take Venmo...

;)

sintax

Reaction score
yup, i have mostly old people on my street. I've been keeping pretty close contact with the ones i like (and that dont hassle me), they are taken care of.

I've also been reaching out to family friends who I know dont have much, or people to help

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I think I am the second oldest person on my Block at 74...The oldest person 75 or 76 a grandmother next-door to me was just diagnosed with lung cancer 8 weeks after her husband passed away...what else could go wrong...over there???...

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Young couple next-door rang our doorbell yesterday and asked if we needed anything from Walmart.

Fuck, I'm only 59.
My wife and I are 68, I'm not in the greatest shape, but I still carry two 40 pound salt bags in at a time and I don't think we look all that feeble .:p Anyway we're at Bashas standing in front of a stack of water trying to decide if we want 1 or two cases and this young girl, maybe 18 not an employee jumps right in front of me and says, how many do you want, I'm kind of startled and my wife says two and she proceeds to load them in our cart basically before I can get another word out. I tried to tell her it wasn't necessary but had to settle for just thanking her. As she walked away my wife says she thinks we old like her parents, I said no, more like her grandparents.😆 It did give us a good feeling that all the young people aren't being raised poorly.👍

Sandlord

Reaction score
Young couple next-door rang our doorbell yesterday and asked if we needed anything from Walmart.

Fuck, I'm only 59.

They are great neighbors, mid-20's with 2 very well behaved kids. Until they moved in, I was the youngest person on the street and helped all the older folks. Especially the 93 year old woman across the street. Now with the young people next door, we take turns raising the flag on the 93YO's flagpole. and other things.