WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help wanted

beerrun

Reaction score
We work all over san diego county so you don't need to live close to el Cajon but do need a car and we do not do out of town work

beerrun

Reaction score
I get this is not an easy thing to ask just thought maybe if someone was looking or someone's kid is looking then give us a call. We are about 150-200 employees and we need to add 30 so I thought I would put it out on RDP because I think the best people are on here and what better place to try and help someone out that might be looking

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
We are a small construction company in el Cajon looking for 30 new employees. Labors operators formen schilling paradise 619-579-6500 you can go online and fill out an app
I get this is not an easy thing to ask just thought maybe if someone was looking or someone's kid is looking then give us a call. We are about 150-200 employees and we need to add 30 so I thought I would put it out on RDP because I think the best people are on here and what better place to try and help someone out that might be looking
150-200 employees isn’t a small company. ;) :p

LuauLounge

Reaction score
This is an amazing community. With job opportunities, timing is the key. One of my best hires ever l, said, “I was looking for a job when I found this one.”

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
We are a small family run business with great benefits and great working conditions where people do their job and are not micro managed
Same with the company I have worked for the last 35 years. We have 55 employees and I thought that was big. :D

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Unbelievable how hard it is to hire, been in the same boat for a year plus. I could add 2 solar crews and another roofing crew if the people wanted to work today.

rickym20

Reaction score
Not worth the energy to hire anyone right now, to much of a joke.... To what, pay the 2x more than they are worth just to get a body in place. I would rather give that money to the guys I already have and some more OT.

this works well to a point with our crews. That is until they have full pockets, then the excuses start why they can’t make it to work.

Wedgy

Reaction score
We are a small family run business with great benefits and great working conditions where people do their job and are not micro managed

If I was still there, you'd be hiring shortly. Try the San Diego Job Corps Construction Trades program Instructors. Ed Miles, Carpentry Instructor. Union Bridge Carpenters, but solid Trainees. Also, Sweetwater Union High School District. My now deceased dear friend Paul Chilson, Chilson Plumbing, IB, left the Plumbing program at SDJC, and developed and implemented the Constuction trades program for Sweetwater USD in 2009. There is a trades program at Montgomery Adult school, and several High schools in that district. I placed, and also hired dozens of Students out of these programs for 11 years, up until April 2010.

As Instructional Subcontractors for the DOL, we had to place a minimum of 11 Trainees per year, Union, preferably, if the work was there. Point is, it's piecework. Perform, or Fired. And SDJC Instructors are motivated to place. Or Else! Good Headhunting!

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
this works well to a point with our crews. That is until they have full pockets, then the excuses start why they can’t make it to work.

ha ha ha... there is always a couple of those in the bunch...

Wedgy

Reaction score
Or the Helpers that break the mixer, "Oh can't mix mud." "Noo problem, go get the mudbox and the mixing hoe outta my truck..."

boatnam2

Reaction score
How much does a Union Labor get these days? I was a brick tender doing high rise buildings back in the mid 80's. Tough work lol, I want to say I made about $21 hour back then.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Not worth the energy to hire anyone right now, to much of a joke.... To what, pay the 2x more than they are worth just to get a body in place. I would rather give that money to the guys I already have and some more OT.

The specialty guys know what they are worth...some offers are great right now. I ended an interview in Austin last week abruptly when they threw out a joke of a number.

I do agree with you on labor overall..my hammer and nail days are long over...but finding those guys is a joke

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Awesome. Great job

Ultra912

Reaction score
How much does a Union Labor get these days? I was a brick tender doing high rise buildings back in the mid 80's. Tough work lol, I want to say I made about $21 hour back then.
I'm paying 58.80 an hour prevailing wage to laborers and I'm still having difficulty finding help.

jetur

Reaction score
Your best tool to hire employees are existing employees. Offer the existing employees a $300 bonus if they bring on someone. Do not pay the bonus until new hire makes it through 90 period.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Your best tool to hire employees are existing employees. Offer the existing employees a $300 bonus if they bring on someone. Do not pay the bonus until new hire makes it through 90 period.

McDonald’s etc give higher bonuses.... $300 😳🤣

Reactions: DWC

boatnam2

Reaction score
My first Labor job was a twin 12 story building, my dad was the glazier foreman on the job and he was buddies with the masonry foreman who got me the job. First day on the job he tells me to go get this electric cart and pick up a tub of mud from the fork lift and jump on the man lift and take it up to the 7th floor where there was about 25 brick layers there getting it done. Basically it was straight back down and straight back up every 10-15 minutes with mud, I thought this was a great job and for 4 months it was. Then one day the foreman tells me go down to the street and learn how to mix mud your the guy now, the building was using a dark brown mortar and by the end of the day you looked like a chocolate bunny and had sweated through 4 t-shirts, no biggie, clean your face drink a 12 pack with the guys head home a do it again the next day.

hallett21

Reaction score
I went up to $35 an hour and can’t get it done. Mine as well pay $200 a day and see if they fit.

If anyone is wondering I’ll provide full set of power tools (Milwaukee M18) and hand tools (klein / knipex).

I can’t keep anyone over 2 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beerrun

Reaction score
Yes I talked to my boss about that yesterday. A small bonus to bring people in. The problem is we already have most of our guys kids now. We also get a nice bonus at Christmas

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
These bitch ass gayllenials don't wanna work...lol..😂

I'd come work for you part time...maybe some Saturdays if it was close to.me. lol

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Yes I talked to my boss about that yesterday. A small bonus to bring people in. The problem is we already have most of our guys kids now. We also get a nice bonus at Christmas
Ya that's our issue too. The only other thing they seems to be working for me. I was able to hire a supervisor from one of our competitors, had to offer much more than normal to get him to come. But he has a ton of workers that will follow him anywhere. Basically I reenergized the gene pool lol.

nowski

Reaction score
Ya that's our issue too. The only other thing they seems to be working for me. I was able to hire a supervisor from one of our competitors, had to offer much more than normal to get him to come. But he has a ton of workers that will follow him anywhere. Basically I reenergized the gene pool lol.

Good Advice: Hire the right guy and he'll not only recruit his followers but will also bring the best of the gene pool with him...

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Good Advice: Hire the right guy and he'll not only recruit his followers but will also bring the best of the gene pool with him...
Definitely. That's my plan.

The one guy will cost you a little more but posts for itself with a few good guys that follow.

gqchris

Reaction score
I am in IT and I just had one of my technicians quit on the spot Friday because I caught his ass clocking in and not doing shit. I gave this guy a chance fresh out of school last year.

The reason this millenial pussy quit is “emotional stress” because people call him when their shit breaks and its “too stressful”. No shit sherlock, thats what we do, we fix shit!!!

I wanna punch this kid right in the mouth, but im pretty sure HR frowns upon that!

riverroyal

Reaction score
Great company. Owner is a hell of guy. Check your messages

lbhsbz

Reaction score
These wages seem insane. $58/hr for a laborer? $80/hr to dig holes with a backhoe? Where do I sign up?

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
These wages seem insane. $58/hr for a laborer? $80/hr to dig holes with a backhoe? Where do I sign up?
Lol even more for an excavator operator. The wages are set by the unions. But in these cases where you're not in a union you get all the pay with the frenge benefits that would normally be your health insurance, vacation shit like that. Still good money though.

Problem is a lot of these are not sustainable, they are project and company based so guys have to bounce around from place to place and you never know where the next one will come from.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Yes I have been here for 18yrs from the first owner to the investment company to jeff he is a great person to work for
Hope you can find some decent ones, they're out there. I've gone through hundreds, to find the few.

I'd hit up the Trades at SDJC. Even the Trainees that are out, have to be tracked and remain employed for the year after leaving Job Corps. These stats count, and the Placement Dept has to place Trainees from all the JC programs.

Worth a try. Continued Success!

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
Unbelievable how hard it is to hire, been in the same boat for a year plus. I could add 2 solar crews and another roofing crew if the people wanted to work today.

We’re in the same boat. I need 2 resi crews and 1 commercial crew. Preferably with driver’s licenses and can pass a drug test.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk