WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help......

Community

Reaction score
I have a 4 channel Alpine amp, its brand new but at least 8 years old...... I have a device same age that has one set of RCA jacks that plugs into the amp and allows me to play an i-phone/ipod etc. I am running 2 subs on 3/4 and 2 6x9 on 1/2. Currently it is plugged into 3/4 so only the subs are playing. Do I have to run all the speakers off two channels? input/advice welcomed.

Albert

Reaction score
I think what you may need is a rca Y splitter 2 of them so that your stereo will handle all four inputs

Community

Reaction score
I think what you may need is a rca Y splitter 2 of them so that your stereo will handle all four inputs
If I avoid the split can I just run all the speakers from 2 channels? Not looking to light the world on fire just a clean small system that sounds good in the boat. Its a 19' Also will that not take advantage of the amp capability thus the splitter is better?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I have a 4 channel Alpine amp, its brand new but at least 8 years old...... I have a device same age that has one set of RCA jacks that plugs into the amp and allows me to play an i-phone/ipod etc. I am running 2 subs on 3/4 and 2 6x9 on 1/2. Currently it is plugged into 3/4 so only the subs are playing. Do I have to run all the speakers off two channels? input/advice welcomed.

What is the device you are using between the amp and the phone?

Community

Reaction score
What is the device you are using between the amp and the phone?
No idea what it is called. It requires +/- as well. It has a phone cord wire that also has a volume control knob. Plugs into the amp for input. I ran this setup on a 10' Schiada I did but it was long ago and I can't recall how I did it. If I run - from 1 and 3 and + from 2 and 4 will I get all the amp can do? Right now, subs sound good but need the 6x9 for mids and highs.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
If this is what you are looking at I would go the splitter route for the best sound quality.

mrvf300.jpg

Channel 1/2 has a gain and a crossover. Channel 3/4 has the gain crossover and the bass eq on the amp. By splitting the RCA's you will have much better sound quality and protect the speakers from distortion as you are going to want the crossover turned down on the subs and up on the 6x9's.

If this is what your looking at you wont need the splitter as you can plug into ch 1/2 on the channel 3/4 input control.

s-l1600.jpg

Community

Reaction score
If this is what you are looking at I would go the splitter route for the best sound quality.

mrvf300.jpg

Channel 1/2 has a gain and a crossover. Channel 3/4 has the gain crossover and the bass eq on the amp. By splitting the RCA's you will have much better sound quality and protect the speakers from distortion as you are going to want the crossover turned down on the subs and up on the 6x9's.

If this is what your looking at you wont need the splitter as you can plug into ch 1/2 on the channel 3/4 input control.

s-l1600.jpg
Option 1, so I will need the splitter. Thanks!