WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Helping a fellow boater

Riverryder

Reaction score
Today I toke the boat out on lake mead. Burned a lot of fuel and had a great time. Usually before going to the marina we hang out and float.

Today a Roll bar boat flagged me down so I went to check.

Boat wouldn’t start.
Gave him my jump box to see if it would start

Nothing

He had jumper cables. So we tried that.
Nothing.

I towed him in.
Went to retrieve my truck and his wife went to get there vehicle.

Worried about the new roll bar boat( didn’t looked very well take care of) not hitting my SHINEY 23 year old SPEED BOAT
I forgot to raise my out drive.

Pull the boat out and dragged my out drive 6 inches before realizing it.
He shouts
I stop raise it and leave.

Go to the wipe down lane.

He drives passed says were even since I save your outdrive.

I have a guard. So it would have been fine.

I have and always made sure to stop and ask if someone’s ok if they are floating. As I would hope someone does to me since I always have my little ones.

I’m so Pissed that I don’t ever want to stop anymore. I don’t expect anythin from anyone ever just to pay it forward as it should be. But it was the ungrateful ness from this prick that left a sour taste in my mouth.

I got to storage and go to open the gates and the prick stores his boat at the same place as me. His outside of course.
Says hey you remember me? Yes?
Oh ok have a good night? Haha

Am I over reacting? Or what the hell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverryder

Reaction score
Don't sweat it, after all, he is a roll bar boat driver. You did your good deed.

I’m cool guess I just was mad at myself more then anythin. Thru my whole routine off.

Have a friend that tells me no matter how careful I am I will launch the boat one day without the plug and I was thinking on the way to the launch how someone can forget to do that? Haha I check the plug like 5 times before launching.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Go throw some dog shit in his boat at the storage place :D

I saw them figured it was stored inside a garage like mine. I didn’t notice the boat when we left the storage unit. It was a brand new master craft. My son tells me as we are leaving dad that’s the boat? Sure as hell was.

He didn’t like the ROLL BAR boat comment I said haha

“Dam roll bar boats good for nothing” haha

brgrcru

Reaction score
Why , were you mad at him ?
It was nice of you to tow him in.

I do what ever I can to help out on water way . I don't expect anything in return .

Just one day , that they will return favor, To someone else.

brownsuger

Reaction score
One time years ago I towed a guy in and he was very thankful. My SIL happened to be along with us and she jumped in when the guy was thanking me and was like, no problem, anytime, glad we could help.... I didn't say anything to her, but I was thinking.... bitch you didn't do jack squat....

Not really the same as you went thru, but I was mad as hell for a while. Now it's a joke between my wife and I when we help someone on the water and they thank us, one of us will say.... no problem, anytime, glad we could help..... :)

termiteguy

Reaction score
I helped a guy years ago late at night on the parker strip he was floating back to the park we we were staying at he happened to float past the ramp and to the beach. His boat was stuck in reverse I went and got my boat off the anchor and towed back to the ramp and my son helped him put it on the trailer once on the trailer he just drove off no thank you nothing. The following winter while ridding the trails on our quads we came across a guy stuck in his trunk my son and I spent about 20 minutes helping him get unstuck once unstuck dude drives off no thank you nothing. I tell my son that's the guy that we help on the beach last summer. I guess some people don't know how to be thankful.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
It’s slways tough when you get distracted during launch or retrieval and you forget something.

You did your good deed and I wouldn’t sweat whether the other party was appreciative or not. If you see this guy again needing help you can wave as you float by ha ha

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
good deed yes, what that asshole said pisses me off as he didn’t need to say that, it doesnt “make it even” and I don’t have dog (bote’), in this fight.

Dicks are everywhere , don’t be one !

oldschool

Reaction score
Gratefulness is always appreciated, but never expected. I’ve been at both ends of the tow rope and neither is awesome. IMHO, you did the right thing by helping, whether the guys a dipshit or not. Now might be a good time for a “Raise the outdrive” sign on the dash.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
#1 - some people are just A holes....
don't lower yourself to their levels....

you did the right thing......

also, maybe he said it jokingly....

if not he falls into category #1

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Lol, did you thank him for yelling when you dragged the OD? His way of thanking you was making it even.
:p:D
That's the distorted mentality I've learned to expect from todays society.o_O

oldschool

Reaction score
Yup!! Got a solid mix set up on my Spotify for this Tuesdays round.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I’m sure everyone will appreciate some Bee Gee’s and Air Supply while they are out there.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Gratefulness is always appreciated, but never expected. I’ve been at both ends of the tow rope and neither is awesome. IMHO, you did the right thing by helping, whether the guys a dipshit or not. Now might be a good time for a “Raise the outdrive” sign on the dash.

Haha no sticker needed! I just will make sure to take the time to go thru my normal routine if I help someone again.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Good thing I have a guard on my skeg so no damage to my boat.

When I started to tow him I said throw a life jackets on.
He goes why?
If you are being towed you need them in case my boat floods your boat. If the rangers see us I’m not gettin cited!! (Lake mead has this rule don’t know if it’s the same down in havi or Parker)
He didn’t want to put it on so I waited and he finally did and goes better put one on your self too then, as I’m grabbing mine under my seat.

He was a douche bag but he had kids and already to deep in the situation.

Other then that it was a fine day on the lake!
IMG_2717.jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
You did good the karma will come back to both of you. Be happy yours is.positive he gets to deal with the negative.

4Waters

Reaction score
Good thing I have a guard on my skeg so no damage to my boat.

When I started to tow him I said throw a life jackets on.
He goes why?
If you are being towed you need them in case my boat floods your boat. If the rangers see us I’m not gettin cited!! (Lake mead has this rule don’t know if it’s the same down in havi or Parker)
He didn’t want to put it on so I waited and he finally did and goes better put one on your self too then, as I’m grabbing mine under my seat.

He was a douche bag but he had kids and already to deep in the situation.

Other then that it was a fine day on the lake!
View attachment 815675

Wow, Mead requires life jackets if your being towed, Castiac has some BS rules but that isn't one of them but they will see this and make it a rule.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I was towing a guy in at Castaic once and he had kind of a bad attitude , bunch of people on his boat. After a few negative comments and him telling my wife watch out for the rope sweetie, I untied it wished him luck and continued enjoying my day...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Today I toke the boat out on lake mead. Burned a lot of fuel and had a great time. Usually before going to the marina we hang out and float.

Today a Roll bar boat flagged me down so I went to check.

Boat wouldn’t start.
Gave him my jump box to see if it would start

Nothing

He had jumper cables. So we tried that.
Nothing.

I towed him in.
Went to retrieve my truck and his wife went to get there vehicle.

Worried about the new roll bar boat( didn’t looked very well take care of) not hitting my SHINEY 23 year old SPEED BOAT
I forgot to raise my out drive.

Pull the boat out and dragged my out drive 6 inches before realizing it.
He shouts
I stop raise it and leave.

Go to the wipe down lane.

He drives passed says were even since I save your outdrive.

I have a guard. So it would have been fine.

I have and always made sure to stop and ask if someone’s ok if they are floating. As I would hope someone does to me since I always have my little ones.

I’m so Pissed that I don’t ever want to stop anymore. I don’t expect anythin from anyone ever just to pay it forward as it should be. But it was the ungrateful ness from this prick that left a sour taste in my mouth.

I got to storage and go to open the gates and the prick stores his boat at the same place as me. His outside of course.
Says hey you remember me? Yes?
Oh ok have a good night? Haha

Am I over reacting? Or what the hell?

1. Stop using tapatalk it sucks.

2. It sounds to me like you are passing the blame of you forgetting to raise your outdrive onto another thing.

Regardless of what happened before you did that, not dude.. learn from it and most importantly own it and it will never happen again.

3. You should always try to help, but do it for the right reasons. Do it because you are a good person and it made you feel good knowing you did the right thing. Know that you put a deposit slip in the karma bank that day..

His lack of gratitude and idiocy doesn’t have anything to do with your deposit.

In short don’t let one bad experience shape your view of the world and why you do things.

RD

Riverryder

Reaction score

Your site isn’t mobile friendly? Ha
I take full blame of dragging my skeg

My reason for posting it was the fact of venting my frustration! Thought thats what the inter webs were for?

I will help other boaters any chance I get because I wouldn’t want to be stranded on mead( big lake) unlike little havi with my little ones. just was a shit situation.

Riverryder

Reaction score
I was towing a guy in at Castaic once and he had kind of a bad attitude , bunch of people on his boat. After a few negative comments and him telling my wife watch out for the rope sweetie, I untied it wished him luck and continued enjoying my day...

Haha savage

Riverryder

Reaction score
Wow, Mead requires life jackets if your being towed, Castiac has some BS rules but that isn't one of them but they will see this and make it a rule.

Yeah requires everyone in towed boat and boat towing to have jackets. Makes sense saw a little boat flood the bow of a bigger boat it was towing once.

termiteguy

Reaction score
2 questions, how did he get stuck in his trunk? And how did you know he was in there?
Sorry typing on my phone he was stuck in his truck we were just out riding and came across him about a mile into the desert across from windmill resort is that better

ramos45

Reaction score
My reason for posting it was the fact of venting my frustration! Thought thats what the inter webs were for?

The web is for whatever you want it to be. You started by venting but then you opened the flood gates for everyone to give their opinion on your situation.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Your site isn’t mobile friendly? Ha
I take full blame of dragging my skeg

I will help other boaters any chance I get because I wouldn’t want to be stranded on mead( big lake) unlike little havi with my little ones. just was a shit situation.

Don’t take anything too seriously on here.. ;). It’s all fun.