WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Helping fellow boaters

rebelmark75

Reaction score
Today about 6pm I had a gas issue and was stranded about 1 mile off Crazy Horse entrance. No less than 20 boats drove by without anyone offering assistance. There were rough seas and my engine hatch was open. I stop for everyone, even if you previously sprayed me with a super soaker in the channel. To all those that drove by, probably many on this board, go fuck yourselves. You aren’t real boaters. You are Fugazis and you are probably post op trannys.

4Waters

Reaction score
Today about 6pm I had a gas issue and was stranded about 1 mile off Crazy Horse entrance. No less than 20 boats drove by without anyone offering assistance. There were rough seas and my engine hatch was open. I stop for everyone, even if you previously sprayed me with a super soaker in the channel. To all those that drove by, probably many on this board, go fuck yourselves. You aren’t real boaters. You are Fugazis and you are probably post op trannys.
Same issue twice, I stop for everyone as well

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Sucks that nobody stopped to.help you out.. that said... tow service membership is around a $100 for a year of peace of mind. No brainer there..

Roosky01

Reaction score
If somebody waves me down, I always stop and offer assistance. If the dude looks like he's hollering "get off my lawn!" without waving his arms, I just wave and smile and turn up the radio.🤪 Bote Karma is real and I try to keep on the right side of it. There are no tow boat services here and we rely on one another to get back safely, I guess.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
My 7 year old granddaughter will point out boats with hatch open and say.... "AMPA - I think they need help" . . . . with her, or without. I always stop and check. Bummer for you, I was off the water today at 4pm - UNLIKE others, I watch the weather, and have apps on my phone for the same reason. The shit that blew in today, was NOT a surprise - no matter what anyone wants to say.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I was out tweaking on a carb last Tuesday afternoon on the family truckster. Nothing major, but had hatch open, and was climbing on top of the motor for 5 minutes or so at a time. Had to do it 6 times total (3 sets of Weber/Carter/Edelbrock metering rods, a jet change and metering rods again). Of the 6 stops, I had someone stop 3 separate times. No waving, no danger, just people checking on others.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Been there.
It sucks.
Be better prepared next time.

Dan'l

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I stop for everyone and I will always tow..

I do not understand the mentality of anyone that wouldn’t stop and tow?

By the way I don’t subscribe to any tow services? I’d be calling fuckers and if it came down to it my friends would launch a boat to come get my ass.. I have done it for others.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have towed countless people back home. I stop everything and give you a thumbs up or down. Thumbs down and I'll help ya back. Almost every person offered money. I tell them to pay it forward

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
If boaters the best america has to offer don't help other boaters anymore I don't think there is much hope for us....

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I think there are more boaters that won't help, then there are that will help...sadly that's not the way it used to be, but it is now...

A few summers ago, my wife and I had a heck of time getting to the Havasu, lots of traffic, a flat tire, our room not ready when we got there...finally get the boat in the water and barely heading out of the marina and we see a seadoo flagging us down...I was so close to just going right past him, but I couldn't do it...ended up towing him back into the marina, and told the wife who at this point was not in the best of moods that if we didnt, there would be karma...the next day coming back from Pirates, I had a water hose pop off...I had the tools to fix it, but we were being pushed down river, hatch up, wife waiving orange flag...boats literally hauling ass around us, even had one whole group flip us off because they had to go around us...I didn't count but I'd say at least 20-30 boats passed us, finally a nice family on an old bayliner, first time at Havasu, stopped and pulled us to the nearest sand beach and stayed with us until I got it fixed just to make sure we werent stranded...I lost faith in my fellow boaters that day...

ltbaney1

Reaction score
it sucks because ill at minimum stop and give a thumbs up or thumbs down and make sure your good, or just checking something. but I operate under the idea that no one is coming, its up to me. carry the towboat card. and a shitload of tools on the boats.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
now let me throw this one out there. last year coming home through Ehrenberg just before agnes wilson, i see a truck towing a boat on the side of the road and looks like he lost both tires on the right side. it was one of the few times i was solo, no wife or kids with me, so i pull over and back up about to within 100' of him and get out and start walking back. see a guy in the driver seat, woman in the passenger 2 kids in the back. i just wanted to make sure he was good, had water and had help coming or needed the tools i had to get back up and going. i get about half way and he jumps out of the truck and starts screaming for me to back the F off get the hell away from them. I didnt say a word, just threw my hands up and turned around and took off. thinking back it may have been dumb of me to stop being solo, but figured hes a "boater" and might need a hand. anyone ever have anything like this happen?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Unless I personally know the person / boat or they are waving me down, I just assume that they are waiting for a tow.

Boatus on auto renew and you never have to complain about this again.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
It's always good boating etiquette to make sure everything is ok, a simple thumbs up or thumbs down as @HBCraig stated.

I'm curios if any of the ride shares services offers boat tow when stranded on the water ways.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Orange flag isn’t a distress flag. It’s an “I have people in the water” flag. I don’t stop when I see them and give them a wide berth for that very reason. Had friends bitch about the same thing a few weekends ago and after I asked them why a swimmer flag would mean they were broke down I could see the lightbulb kind of go on as they realized they would drive by it too. But at least they finally bought a towboat membership. I don’t have the engine to be towing anyone. I’ll give a ride and help you to the nearest shore but that’s it. I wouldn’t even let a friend tow me unless it was somewhere that didn’t have a tow service.

rebelmark75

Reaction score
I have a tow boat service and I did call them. My buddy ended up giving me a tow. The issue was I thought I had an auto tank switch but it turns out that just switches gauges and I have to manually turn a valve. As far as everyone saying it’s karma, I have towed manny people in. Just Saturday there was a person with a hatch up that I stopped and made sure they were ok. My super soaker thread was just sarcasm and for those that take it seriously and wish bad on me, you must be California Biden voters. Asshats.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I have a tow boat service and I did call them. My buddy ended up giving me a tow. The issue was I thought I had an auto tank switch but it turns out that just switches gauges and I have to manually turn a valve. As far as everyone saying it’s karma, I have towed manny people in. Just Saturday there was a person with a hatch up that I stopped and made sure they were ok. My super soaker thread was just sarcasm and for those that take it seriously and wish bad on me, you must be California Biden voters. Asshats.
There’s a chance you just lost the solenoid or whatever motor is used to switch the tanks. Of course without seeing your setup I’m just throwing out a guess. My buddy just bought a new tank selector with a return for his boat since his old setup doesn’t have a return and was just plumbed into the fuel filter housing but if your interested I can see if he’s going to be getting rid of the old one. Think it’s an Eddie Marine valve.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Orange flag isn’t a distress flag. It’s an “I have people in the water” flag. I don’t stop when I see them and give them a wide berth for that very reason. Had friends bitch about the same thing a few weekends ago and after I asked them why a swimmer flag would mean they were broke down I could see the lightbulb kind of go on as they realized they would drive by it too. But at least they finally bought a towboat membership. I don’t have the engine to be towing anyone. I’ll give a ride and help you to the nearest shore but that’s it. I wouldn’t even let a friend tow me unless it was somewhere that didn’t have a tow service.
That's actually a ski flag, should only go up with skiers or rope in the water. But that's another 20 page thread for the winter time.

Dunerking

Reaction score
So your bothered about someone’s sarcastic “Karma” statement regarding your sarcastic soaker thread and so they must be a “ California Biden/Brandon voter asshat”…you sorta sound like a Karen.
That being said it’s definitely not proper boater etiquette to drive past a engine hatch open boat…bummer to hear that. I know our group wether water or desert would at least do the international thumbs up or down.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
I don't automatically assume someone's broke down just because they have a flag or engine hatch up. It's another story if you wave me down. If I stopped for every engine hatch, flag or boat I see just floating that's all I would be doing. Boat towing insurance and proper maintenance is paramount if you boat Havasu. I don't want to rely on anyone else.

Badchoices03

Reaction score

Yeah engine hatch up, my legs sticking out of the engine bay, wife standing on the rear seat waiving the orange flag with one hand and waiving her other hand while floating in the middle of a high speed zone definitely means skier in the water...lmao...

hallett21

Reaction score
We pull over and check on people who appear to be in distress, or are asking for immediate help.

More than happy to move you to the center of the river away from rocks, feed you, keep you hydrated, offer our tools, use our cell phone but……. If I don’t know you I ain’t towing you lol. The exception might be Parker, if it’s close. But I’m not dragging some random family from Blue Water to Parker dam.

Get your Boat US membership! I lost the fuel injection air compressor earlier this year at needles bridge on a Sunday around 4pm. They sent a Laughlin boat that handed us off around Topock to the Havasu guy. Boat US bills from the moment they leave the dock. I can’t imagine what that bill could have been.

Do those of you who “stop and tow everyone” also pull over on the freeway and check on broken down motorists?

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
We pull over and check on people who appear to be in distress, or are asking for immediate help.

More than happy to move you to the center of the river away from rocks, feed you, keep you hydrated, offer our tools, use our cell phone but……. If I don’t know you I ain’t towing you lol. The exception might be Parker, if it’s close. But I’m not dragging some random family from Blue Water to Parker dam.

Get your Boat US membership! I lost the fuel injection air compressor earlier this year at needles bridge on a Sunday around 4pm. They sent a Laughlin boat that handed us off around Topock to the Havasu guy. Boat US bills from the moment they leave the dock. I can’t imagine what that bill could have been.

Do those of you who “stop and tow everyone” also pull over on the freeway and check on broken down motorists?
No, motorists are assholes, boaters are family. No way I'm towing far, but I'll get you to the next safe spot. I have towing insurance and have turned down tows.

oldschool

Reaction score
There’s 2 kinds of people in this world, those that will stop and help and those that won’t. I consider the first to be true old school boaters and the rest I can do without(unless I need a tow and then I’m fucked anyways). I have a tow membership, but there is no tow service where we boat most of the time.

liv4riv

Reaction score
Any Pics of the wife?

Asking for LHC Kirby and a few others.

HBCraig

Reaction score

No, I don't pull over on the freeway as it's not the same thing at all. Especially when there are young kids baking in the sun just drifting to nowhere. I stop and help. I have towed from 3 Dunes to the island.

hallett21

Reaction score
No, I don't pull over on the freeway as it's not the same thing at all. Especially when there are young kids baking in the sun just drifting to nowhere. I stop and help. I have towed from 3 Dunes to the island.
To be fair kids can be baking on the side of the freeway with a broken down car. Not exactly a safe spot either.

MagicMan

Reaction score
I have towed others.

I have passed broken down boats.

I helped a guy start his pontoon fathers day, had an RDP shirt on asked him what his screen name was, he said i dont know i needed a tank and it was on sale at gas station 😂.

Never been towed by others, Im pretty self reliant though asking for help is my last resort.

BoatUs have been my heroes a couple times. Membership is paying for itself at this point.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I laughed at your post, simply because like most random things there is a thread of actual universal justice IE karma out there usually.

Your jeering and inclusive abuse and association with negativity about the rest of the membership is hilarious, especially when you get bitch slapped like that by reality.

That being said, I would have most certainly stopped and at least asked you if you were ok, just like 95% of the members here.

I have yet to meet a member in person who was not an exemplary human, even if discussions got to the point of "we'll have to agree to disagree".

Javajoe

Reaction score
Let me tell ya…
I would never ask for a tow. EVER!!!
WHY??? Because I have Tow Insurance because I own a boat. Why the hell people don’t blows me away. Also people not having regular boat insurance. Don’t be fucking cheap people and ruin somebody’s day by having them tow you. TowBoat USA has 2 boats in the channel all day long and I always see people towing other boats 🤦‍♂️ It’s not expensive

rebelmark75

Reaction score
I laughed at your post, simply because like most random things there is a thread of actual universal justice IE karma out there usually.

Your jeering and inclusive abuse and association with negativity about the rest of the membership is hilarious, especially when you get bitch slapped like that by reality.

That being said, I would have most certainly stopped and at least asked you if you were ok, just like 95% of the members here.

I have yet to meet a member in person who was not an exemplary human, even if discussions got to the point of "we'll have to agree to disagree".
I break balls on here but I can assure you I would give you my flamingo speedo off my body if you needed it. I’m an old school Midwestern guy that just likes to have fun.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

I have often, for motorists.
2 senior citizens, females, flat tire on hwy 68, no cell service, 100+ degrees out. I always park in front of them, just like when I was in the wrecker. Walked up, handed them my business card, and asked if they wanted the tire changed, or a ride into town (10+ miles either way) I also had my company uniform on, name and all.
She was happy I would change the tire for her, grabbed floor jack and 4 way out of the truck, and had her going in 15 minutes. She handed me a 10 spot, and said go enjoy a beer on her. Gave her directions to a tire place in K-town and I went and had a cold beer 🍺.

Another one was walking down I-40 towards Needles, on the west bound side, about the Newberry Springs area, at 2am. Her car quit, and was walking to get help, she thought she was walking to Barstow. I gave her a ride to the Chevron on Barstow rd and I-15.
Poor elderly lady probably had dementiao or something.
These are just a few, I used to cross I-40 once a week or two to O.C., for a dozen years.

As far as boats, towed at least a handful, (a pwc on plane once) and helped or stopped dozens of times.

Dan'l

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I stop for everyone and I will always tow..

I do not understand the mentality of anyone that wouldn’t stop and tow?

By the way I don’t subscribe to any tow services? I’d be calling fuckers and if it came down to it my friends would launch a boat to come get my ass.. I have done it for others.

That’s why I have Dave on speed dial. I always offer to call Dave for help.😂

Seriously though I have never failed to stop and check on anyone that looks like they are having difficulty. I’ve rescued, towed or otherwise lended assistance to dozens of people, most tried to give me money which I promptly refused and told them to just pay it forward.

Being the most lovable person on the internet comes with responsibility’s.😎

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Let me tell ya…
I would never ask for a tow. EVER!!!
WHY??? Because I have Tow Insurance because I own a boat. Why the hell people don’t blows me away. Also people not having regular boat insurance. Don’t be fucking cheap people and ruin somebody’s day by having them tow you. TowBoat USA has 2 boats in the channel all day long and I always see people towing other boats 🤦‍♂️ It’s not expensive
These comments always Crack me due to how narrow minded it makes those that make them come off.

No everybody boats where there are boat tow services. I've only boated on Parker a couple times, otherwise none of the lakes I have boated on have boat tow services and had I never been on here, I would have never known they existed.

So to assume everybody should have it is naive and a pretty asshole mentality.