WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Here’s an idea for River Dave

Mike K

Reaction score
ok … maybe I missed it in the store ?
The most important boating accessory is what ?
Yes … the floating key FOB.
Pahleeze start making RDP floating key FOBs with strong chain ( not cheap ass chain like West Marine)
But … how could u have missed this Dave ?
Every time I sit down at a restaurant I put my keys on the table for everyone in the world to see.
All my existing key FOB‘s are from Bob at Eliminator and that was years ago.
I want a red one for my son in law
a Orange or silver one for me
A red one for my nephew
etc etc etc …
imagine … being in Key West ( in about 3 weeks) and someone lays down their “ RDP Key fob down on the table “ … that’s right … now we’re talking !
Ok … what would I pay … yeah … I’d pay $15 … I know … everyone is freaking cuz their only worth about $3 … but I want to remain loyal to the cause 🍻
So … maybe you could get some ?
Right on and Power to the People . 🍻

Roosky01

Reaction score
Maybe something like this?

1645582805015.jpeg

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I like the wristband style that Hallett gave out at DS... I use it..on an advantage lol...but its a great idea and it keeps my key on my wrist. Would buy a few if he made them.

After all I think I bought every single leather coaster he had made..which are honestly pretty slick. 😅😅

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Pahleeze start making RDP floating key FOBs with strong chain ( not cheap ass chain like West Marine)
Every time I sit down at a restaurant I put my keys on the table for everyone in the world to see.
A red one for my nephew
etc etc etc …
imagine … being in Key West ( in about 3 weeks) and someone lays down their “ RDP Key fob down on the table “ … that’s right … now we’re talking !
Ok … what would I pay … yeah … I’d pay $15 … I know … everyone is freaking cuz their only worth about $3 … but I want to remain loyal to the cause 🍻
You take your keys out?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I can't recall what's on my boat keys, but it's definitely older than dirt.

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A red one for my nephew
etc etc etc …

I actually have made them in the past.. lol

As for the whole world to see.. Did they miss the shirt / hat / shorts / towels & belt buckle? 😳. (Joking on the shorts and belt buckle)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On the floaty thing.. I actually prefer the old school Plastic ones.. you can pop the top off them and put cash in them.. some people kept registration in them etc..

I don’t think a lot of people knew they came apart for storage? Or maybe they didn’t like the plastic bouncing off the dash I dunno..

We can make foam ones before the Boatshow no problem.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
On the floaty thing.. I actually prefer the old school Plastic ones.. you can pop the top off them and put cash in them.. some people kept registration in them etc..

I don’t think a lot of people knew they came apart for storage? Or maybe they didn’t like the plastic bouncing off the dash I dunno..

They make those in soft plastic, that come apart for storage inside. One of the realtors in Parker has had them for several years. I will try and find out the source.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Great place to hide a little stash also, so I've been told. 👍 😁

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
My first purchase 44 years ago when I bought my Hondo a key float “ If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” still have it, just didn’t listen to the advice 😎

JBS

Reaction score
Dave once you have the new shop setup lets come up with a new design and make a mold.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yup, first thing I do when I go out to eat/drink is put my boat keys on the table.😁

Mike K

Reaction score
Yup, first thing I do when I go out to eat/drink is put my boat keys on the table.😁
Good point about putting keys on table … I actually have a few floaties … one for car keys and house keys in case ya drop in the water by accident and one for the boat and one for the truck and one for my kids house … u just get all ur keys on them in case they fall in the water. I remember the white and red ones with the opening top for your registration etc … but they were too big for ur pocket … I like the regular soft ones with a choice of color . The RDP logo is so cool it would look great on the soft ones .

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Good point about putting keys on table … I actually have a few floaties … one for car keys and house keys in case ya drop in the water by accident and one for the boat and one for the truck and one for my kids house … u just get all ur keys on them in case they fall in the water. I remember the white and red ones with the opening top for your registration etc … but they were too big for ur pocket … I like the regular soft ones with a choice of color . The RDP logo is so cool it would look great on the soft ones .
Main boat key has floatie.
I have hidden a spare key on the boat.
Also keep a tow vehicle spare key in boat on a floatie.

Mike K

Reaction score
Yep … already have the awesome hoodie and hat and stickers on my boat windshield … wearing this stuff starts conversations wherever I go .

Attachments

• A8DB69EF-BE11-403B-811A-71ADBED52584.jpeg
    A8DB69EF-BE11-403B-811A-71ADBED52584.jpeg
    495.4 KB · Views: 19

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I just wish there were RDP hats that fit people like myself with a fat head...I went into the store last summer and I swear every hat was a kids size...lol

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
You take your keys out?
I hate taking the keys out of the boat, almost always leave in the ignitions. Truck keys never come on the boat, they always stay with the truck, no way to lose them and if you need someone to come get you with the trailer you can tell them where they are hidden. Even if I pull the boat keys, they stay in the boat, keep it simple always works.

Riverryder

Reaction score
I hate taking the keys out of the boat, almost always leave in the ignitions. Truck keys never come on the boat, they always stay with the truck, no way to lose them and if you need someone to come get you with the trailer you can tell them where they are hidden. Even if I pull the boat keys, they stay in the boat, keep it simple always works.
I’ve always thought about this. Where to hide them is the issue!

My keys never leave the boat either. They either go in the cup holder or ignition.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score

If you offer silver (which I only find with non-boat related logos I have to remove) I will take 5.

RiverRunr

Reaction score
I actually have made them in the past.. lol

As for the whole world to see.. Did they miss the shirt / hat / shorts / towels & belt buckle? 😳. (Joking on the shorts and belt buckle)
@RiverDave , I have a contact/source for the Key Chain Floaters. DM me if you would like more information(cost, lead time, etc..)

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
They are good for people with bad ankles…
And limp dicks! 🤣
Seriously though, an ex girlfriend of mine was a nurse and wore those fuckin things at the ER socks exposed to all kinds of biological shit. No wonder I got MRSA when we were together... 🤕

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
They make those in soft plastic, that come apart for storage inside. One of the realtors in Parker has had them for several years. I will try and find out the source.
Tom at Jet Boat Performance threw a couple of those in with some orders I got from them awhile back. Mine has had a note in it for years. :p😄

keyfloaty.jpg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’m content with my blue (they do red as well) Mercury neoprene key chain. Has a stainless ring vs a chain as well.
3B897883-B857-4507-A515-BE85DC219EE3.png

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Here are a couple of ideas maybe to ponder @RiverDave

Used Boat Buyers Guide. Reading that "call out" thread seems that the root was that the perp never did any due diligence and ended up with a bunch of additional costs. Maybe the guy is a scammer, but if he would have been educated about potential pitfalls and buyer beware, perhaps he could have been a dick to the seller and not the vendor who solved the problems. Things like understanding the service expectation for an HP500 EFI might make a buyer think about a boat with 310 hours and a factory-sealed motor. @2FORCEFULL could likely write a bible on this topic.

Colorado River Storage Resource. Single source for storage units would be pretty awesome, extra points for a running list of places that have units and/or prices and ways to game the system if there are any.

I see RDP as selling a Lifestyle, @RiverDiva has the RE angle covered, maybe consider expanding the resources for people that want to live the lifestyle? Some may say Parker is closed, but the reality is if you could educate the people coming into the area, maybe you get like-minded individuals and not asshats?

This community has the expertise that is hard to duplicate, lots of value in educating people you have to share the water with.