WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Here’s something you don’t see every day.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
My buddy was out fishing in the San Francisco Bay over the weekend and saw a Ski Natique towing a house across the bay.😱

6686F5BD-B246-41BD-B1C1-E73A10A19C64.jpeg

F47D8157-C2C8-48CF-A383-1517D405CE49.jpeg

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Sausalito?

I bet is was a bum house being moved.

In case people have not heard in SF Bay the homeless (bum) problem has extended into the bay waters. They buy old dilapidated boats and anchor them out and live on them. Richardson bay is full of them. A bum RV park if you will.

Regular folks live in these floating houses in the north bay. Most of them are kind of junky. I bet you cam get one cheap and turn it into a crack house.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sausalito?

A bet is was a bum house being moved.

In case people have not heard in SF Bay the homeless (bum) problem has extended into the bay waters. They buy old dilapidated boats and anchor them out and live on them. Richardson bay is full of them. A bum RV park if you will
How is it that bums in LA and the Bay are living on the coast? Been awhile, but I think it cost me 5-10$ just to park when I went to Newport last. It sucks for the people that pay really good money to live by the water.
I guess that's anothet advantage I have out here in the sticks, bums like to be closer to town and tourist attractions?

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Its cheaper in SF bay none of the techies own boats.

They don’t moor them in the marina. That costs money. They move them out and anchor out in the bay. Thats free

i saw a funny news story where the sheriff had to go around to these anchored derelicts and get rid of the dangerous ones

How is it that bums in LA and the Bay are living on the coast? Been awhile, but I think it cost me 5-10$ just to park when I went to Newport last. It sucks for the people that pay really good money to live by the water.
I guess that's anothet advantage I have out here in the sticks, bums like to be closer to town and tourist attractions?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Except I don't think that is a Nautique based on the tower and the sloped nose....

Yeah, doesn't look like it. Just making a joke since he said it was a Nautique. Looks more like an old Centurion which is now owned by Correct Craft who also own Nautique.

Water Romper

Reaction score
I have to admit, this is pretty random, even for RDP! I guessing he purchased this "boat house" used and is moving it to his dock? But its San Francisco, not in the south like the bayou of on some smaller lakes. Are boat houses on a dock a big deal in Frisco?

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty calm out there.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
This dump is $539K. Those bums must be collecting a shitload of cans.😂

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I have to admit, this is pretty random, even for RDP! I guessing he purchased this "boat house" used and is moving it to his dock? But its San Francisco, not in the south like the bayou of on some smaller lakes. Are boat houses on a dock a big deal in Frisco?

Sausalito and Tiburon have had houseboat living since the '50s.

view-of-colorful-houseboats-in-gate-5-sausalito-DE053H.jpg

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
They range anywhere from $600K- $3 Million.

View attachment 992896

View attachment 992897

When I was at Station San Francisco in 1978, I'd cruise through the neighborhood while doing SF Bay Harbor patrols. Lots of money just floating around. I would have sold my soul to have one of those things. Now days, I wouldn't live in one if they gave it to me.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So do you think that house is on a single or dual skis? I wonder how it does in the slalom course?

🤔