WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Here we go.....Again

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
How was Mill House? We have wanted to try it, but haven’t made the time for it... it’s kind of a long drive from Kapalua for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was really good. Definitely worth the drive. The scenery is amazing and you’re looking up at the mountains. Food was delicious.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
It was really good. Definitely worth the drive. The scenery is amazing and you’re looking up at the mountains. Food was delicious.

We will make sure to hit it. Aloha [emoji267][emoji898]

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Ain't Hawaii, but will do....lol

Hope you guys are having fun!!

20190801_140002.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
We drove to Lahaina, Kaanapali, Kapalua, and then all the way around and back to Kihei today. Pictures don’t do this place justice. It is absolutely breathtaking.

View attachment 782179

View attachment 782180

View attachment 782181

View attachment 782182
That's a GREAT drive. Sometimes a little spooky. Feels like your clinging to the side of the mountain. Those small, would you call them villages, are cool to see how other people live. It is a long way for a loaf of bread or milk.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That's a GREAT drive. Sometimes a little spooky. Feels like your clinging to the side of the mountain. Those small, would you call them villages, are cool to see how other people live. It is a long way for a loaf of bread or milk.
Definitely a spooky drive but way cool to see how undeveloped the little villages are. Wanted to go around southern end too but never have yet.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Definitely a spooky drive but way cool to see how undeveloped the little villages are. Wanted to go around southern end too but never have yet.
Do it, don't let the tourist books keep you away. We did it in a Kia expecting to have to turn back from the descriptions we had read only to find the worst parts of the road to be in better shape than some of the roads at home.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Do it, don't let the tourist books keep you away. We did it in a Kia expecting to have to turn back from the descriptions we had read only to find the worst parts of the road to be in better shape than some of the roads at home.
Yeah, heard its no big deal unless it's rainy/stormy. Just never took the time to do it.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score

Yep, my kids were freaking out. I had to back up a few times to let other cars pass by and honk at every turn because there’s only one lane. It’s a great experience.

We are doing half way to Hana today.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yeah, heard its no big deal unless it's rainy/stormy. Just never took the time to do it.

Mid-90's wife and I were going to stay a few days/nights at Hana Ranch. Flight got in late, so ended up driving a rental compact there in the dark in the pouring rain, having never driven that road before. Holy Shit :eek::eek:

Biggest problem was, you'd come across a narrow bridge to an immediate hard left or right turn, the black lava rock would just absorb your headlight beam so you couldn't tell if you should continue straight or which way to turn. A few times had to slow and almost run into the black wall before realizing you had to turn. So we're creeping alone, wife not one bit happy ----- kept muttering, " I told you we should've spend the night in Kahului" :mad: --- That wasn't helping :rolleyes:

About that time as we're crawling along, I see two pairs of headlights racing up behind me --- Cool, obviously a local, I can follow them !! Indeed, I pulled over, they blew by me, I took chase. Now I could see their direction of travel and we were moving right along. :D OK, truth is, they were friggin racing apparently, we're not just moving along, we're flat hauling ass and now my dear young wife is really getting freaky and pissed ! :mad::mad:

Under the treat of getting my ass beat, I had no choice but to back off, quickly losing them and we're back to crawling again --- SHIT. Of course it goes without saying that I was grumbling about losing my two guides, she's back to grumbling about staying near the airport. Wasn't a pleasant ride :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As we FINALLY approached the town of Hana itself all we could see ahead is flashing police lights --- Hmmmm. Yup, wouldn't ya know it, both those cars I was chasing had crashed, one into a lava wall and the other was upside down. I'm 100% positive, the conversation that followed need not be explained :p:p:p
Anyway, finally made it to the ranch, drank my ass off and let me tell you, the ride back during the daylight, was amazingly beautiful and much more fun :D:D

milkmoney

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your vacation...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Mid-90's wife and I were going to stay a few days/nights at Hana Ranch. Flight got in late, so ended up driving a rental compact there in the dark in the pouring rain, having never driven that road before. Holy Shit :eek::eek:

Biggest problem was, you'd come across a narrow bridge to an immediate hard left or right turn, the black lava rock would just absorb your headlight beam so you couldn't tell if you should continue straight or which way to turn. A few times had to slow and almost run into the black wall before realizing you had to turn. So we're creeping alone, wife not one bit happy ----- kept muttering, " I told you we should've spend the night in Kahului" :mad: --- That wasn't helping :rolleyes:

About that time as we're crawling along, I see two pairs of headlights racing up behind me --- Cool, obviously a local, I can follow them !! Indeed, I pulled over, they blew by me, I took chase. Now I could see their direction of travel and we were moving right along. :D OK, truth is, they were friggin racing apparently, we're not just moving along, we're flat hauling ass and now my dear young wife is really getting freaky and pissed ! :mad::mad:

Under the treat of getting my ass beat, I had no choice but to back off, quickly losing them and we're back to crawling again --- SHIT. Of course it goes without saying that I was grumbling about losing my two guides, she's back to grumbling about staying near the airport. Wasn't a pleasant ride :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As we FINALLY approached the town of Hana itself all we could see ahead is flashing police lights --- Hmmmm. Yup, wouldn't ya know it, both those cars I was chasing had crashed, one into a lava wall and the other was upside down. I'm 100% positive, the conversation that followed need not be explained :p:p:p
Anyway, finally made it to the ranch, drank my ass off and let me tell you, the ride back during the daylight, was amazingly beautiful and much more fun :D:D
Fun road when you can see. The one trip we went to the "7 sacred pools" in the pic by K26 but we hiked up through bamboo forests and to where this river came down a waterfall(supposedly tallest on island) from the mountain top. Did a few x-rated things under the falls then hiked back down and did a few more x-rated things at the "7" pools. Most all tourists and people in general were gone by then as it got late in the afternoon which is why I didn't try continue driving back around to the west side.

Last edited:

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Yep, my kids were freaking out. I had to back up a few times to let other cars pass by and honk at every turn because there’s only one lane. It’s a great experience.

We are doing half way to Hana today.
Three Bears was pretty cool to see. Really easy to get down to the pool.
DSC_0449.JPG

Fun road when you can see. The one trip we went to the "7 sacred pools" in the pic by K26 but we hiked up through bamboo forests and to where this river came down a waterfall(supposedly tallest on island) from the mountain top. Did a few x-rated things under the falls then hiked back down and did a few more x-rated things at the "7" pools. Most all tourists and people in general were gone by then as it got late in the afternoon which is why I didn't try continue driving back around to the west side.
That's probably how I ended up with my ear infection.

Taboma

Reaction score

Whichever Hawaiian god or goddess that oversees the pools must have approved of your "Things" or you might not be around to post :D
Smart man not driving back at night. That area of coast at night, at least back then, must be one of the darkest places on the planet. :eek:

buck35

Reaction score
The drive back via the west road was great when we did it several years ago. The Hana highway if you live in the pnw is meh...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

jetur

Reaction score
Don't make the same mistake I did. We were in Maui and left the beach in swimsuits to drive to the volcano summit. Beach was probably 75 and the summit was in the mid 20s. We got out long enough to pee and went back down, it was miserable.

DWC

Reaction score

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Very well played! Happy anniversary!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Don't make the same mistake I did. We were in Maui and left the beach in swimsuits to drive to the volcano summit. Beach was probably 75 and the summit was in the mid 20s. We got out long enough to pee and went back down, it was miserable.
I had read up on the deal, we brought jackets. Fun trip up there.

Hammer

Reaction score
Happy Anniversary! Looks like you are a having a blast! We are you going for dinner?

boatdoc55

Reaction score
HaHa, we did the same thing but the sunrise was worth it!!

boatdoc55

Reaction score

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Whichever Hawaiian god or goddess that oversees the pools must have approved of your "Things" or you might not be around to post :D
Smart man not driving back at night. That area of coast at night, at least back then, must be one of the darkest places on the planet. :eek:
The gods were good to us. Maybe because I supported local biz and bought some weed from a dude in the middle of the road...lmao:D
Litteraly, drivers window to drivers window transaction:p:D

Taboma

Reaction score
The gods were good to us. Maybe because I supported local biz and bought some weed from a dude in the middle of the road...lmao:D
Litteraly, drivers window to drivers window transaction:p:D

That's hilarious :D Sounds like an awesome way to enjoy the sacred pools :):) Day we were there we'd have had way to many spectators :eek:

buck35

Reaction score

You're from Cali, right ? Last name Dumas....lol!

HavaToon

Reaction score
Headed to Honolulu today and then Maui Wednesday evening, unfortunately it’s for work so I’ll only get a little bit of play in.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I will tell you what Shintoo, the day you get back to boating in Havasu you can sit on a beach and look back at all the places and good times you had.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Tonight we went to Old Lahaina Luau. It was excellent. I’ve been to many luaus and this one topped them all. We had front row traditional seating so the views were great. Food and drinks were amazing as well.

IMG_6280.jpg

IMG_6285.jpg

IMG_6286.jpg

IMG_6287.jpg

IMG_6292.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

IMG_6295.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_6311.jpg

IMG_6312.jpg

IMG_6314.jpg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
7CD90A2E-06D1-423E-AE45-85695B0A4CAD.jpeg
932058BC-23C3-4232-9DFA-936F22E01C9F.jpeg
8F253C0E-B410-465A-8BE0-61008D95C441.jpeg
7CD90A2E-06D1-423E-AE45-85695B0A4CAD.jpeg
Front street.....did you do a drive by of this property? If so I will pay you to walk the property so I don’t have to in a week. LOL