WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Here We Go!

Backlash

Reaction score
Good morning! There have been a few threads recently posted that are similar, so I will try not to duplicate theirs. I'll try my best to add some different content while I drag you along for the ride.

Unlike that hopeful yet seemingly lackluster thread started by the Master Carpet Pilot, this one will deliver if I have to take random shots of complete strangers. I won't leave you high and dry like SOME people did! 🤣

Unfortunately, we won't be going to the river this go around, so I won't have to worry about Mr. Telephoto snapping shots of my wife's ass from down the beach. LMAO!

We're off!

PXL_20220626_143006589.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm catching some serious shit from the Mrs. for this one! 🤣

This individual has a large backpack full of who knows what, and ANOTHER 40 liter backpack stuffed to the max! I guess they must have sprung a leak lifting all their crap! 😆

PXL_20220626_163253599.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Yep, just a picture of an airplane wing. No props on this one though. 🤓

PXL_20220626_172324110.jpg

Alright folks, it will be a bit for an update so enjoy the peace and quiet. 😘

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
What??? It this a how to keep RDP members in suspense type of threads? We have to wait for more? How long of a flight are you talking about?

Backlash

Reaction score
What??? It this a how to keep RDP members in suspense type of threads? We have to wait for more? How long of a flight are you talking about?
Hahaha!! I don't wanna "Leak" the information out too quickly...... 🤣

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I think that you were saying that you were going to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Not often that you fly over the hotel that you are staying at.

CFEFFB87-4700-48F7-A1B2-8B89956FC731.jpeg

Backlash

Reaction score
Since we snacked all day, we thought we'd walk down the strip til we saw something interesting for dinner. We ended up eating at the Hard Rock Cafe next to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. The food was pretty good and the service was as good as you'd find elsewhere. The price was also about the same as in L.A.

PXL_20220627_044800578~2.jpg

As we were leaving, we stopped to take a few pictures of the wall of guitars on the stairwell. My wife was standing in the middle, and there was nobody walking up or down. We snapped two quick pictures and we're heading down to leave.

An older gentleman approached from behind me and walked down behind us. He didn't seem to be bothered and we surely weren't in his way.

So, I looked back towards this guy, smiled and said "No matter how beautiful Hawaii is, she's still the most beautiful thing on this island."

He looked at me and replied....

"I don't know about that."

After taking three steps down the stairwell, his response finally registered. Are you fucking kidding me?!? What????? What did this frail old asshole just say?? I about lost my shit!!

I didn't even turn around. I kept walking behind my wife and her youngest son, because I know me, and I would have ended up getting myself in a ton of trouble. Unbelievable. What a rude thing to say to someone.

I just kept walking. 🖕

Not going to let him ruin our evening! 😉

We split and headed back to the ghetto where we are staying. We passed a ton of places where someone could empty their inheritance, and then some. Saw plenty of homeless people strewn about, but nothing like L.A. We saw a group of older hula dancers who were practicing their routines and saw people still milling about down on the beach. All in all, it was a fantastic day and we have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Thank you for following along!!

Backlash

Reaction score
I didn't waste any time with that guy Joe Mama! Hahaha! But I think you're right! 👍

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Since we snacked all day, we thought we'd walk down the strip til we saw something interesting for dinner. We ended up eating at the Hard Rock Cafe next to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. The food was pretty good and the service was as good as you'd find elsewhere. The price was also about the same as in L.A.

View attachment 1130347

As we were leaving, we stopped to take a few pictures of the wall of guitars on the stairwell. My wife was standing in the middle, and there was nobody walking up or down. We snapped two quick pictures and we're heading down to leave.

An older gentleman approached from behind me and walked down behind us. He didn't seem to be bothered and we surely weren't in his way.

So, I looked back towards this guy, smiled and said "No matter how beautiful Hawaii is, she's still the most beautiful thing on this island."

He looked at me and replied....

"I don't know about that."

After taking three steps down the stairwell, his response finally registered. Are you fucking kidding me?!? What????? What did this frail old asshole just say?? I about lost my shit!!

I didn't even turn around. I kept walking behind my wife and her youngest son, because I know me, and I would have ended up getting myself in a ton of trouble. Unbelievable. What a rude thing to say to someone.

I just kept walking. 🖕

Not going to let him ruin our evening! 😉

We split and headed back to the ghetto where we are staying. We passed a ton of places where someone could empty their inheritance, and then some. Saw plenty of homeless people strewn about, but nothing like L.A. We saw a group of older hula dancers who were practicing their routines and saw people still milling about down on the beach. All in all, it was a fantastic day and we have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Thank you for following along!!

Well to be fair, maybe he thought HIS wife was the most beautiful thing on the island?

Backlash

Reaction score
On our way to grab breakfast......the tagging is strong here in Waikiki. 🙄

This is on Kapahulu Avenue.

PXL_20220627_181902718.jpg

Hypnautic

Reaction score
If thats the building I think it is.. Used to be an awesome Chinese restaurant that had incredible Dim Sum
Now get outta the city and go see Hawaii.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Is Shintooo your personal photographer? His nickname is Cleave-On but I'm sure you knew that before he was hired on. :)

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Where are you going for breakfast? If you are an earlier riser try Sweet E’s. On Kapahulu. Great service and food. If you go after 9am there can be a hour wait. 👍

Backlash

Reaction score
Is Shintooo your personal photographer? His nickname is Cleave-On but I'm sure you knew that before he was hired on. :)
That Middle Eastern Prince started a thread that ran out of steam as quickly as the Baidong Administration! I'm not going to let that happen with this one. 😎

Backlash

Reaction score
No!!! Not Leonard’s. LOL THat line has been longer that I have ever seen. LOL
There were honestly over 100 people waiting for fresh baked goodies. It was packed, and we got there fairly early too.

Backlash

Reaction score
If thats the building I think it is.. Used to be an awesome Chinese restaurant that had incredible Dim Sum
Now get outta the city and go see Hawaii.
We'll be doing that while still acting like Asian tourists at Disneyland. My amazing wife has already booked stuff for us to do, each day we are here. This afternoon should be fun. 😎

Wheeler

Reaction score
That Middle Eastern Prince started a thread that ran out of steam as quickly as the Baidong Administration! I'm not going to let that happen with this one. 😎
Were're counting on you!

Backlash

Reaction score
You'll be happy to know that gas is LESS EXPENSIVE in Hawaii than it is in California. Just saw it advertised for $5.43 a gallon for 87. 🙄

A few other nonessential items are considerably more expensive though.

PXL_20220627_193427066.jpg

This was at a Safeway and not a 7-11 or other similar "Stop and Rob.". 🤷

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I had no idea that Spacely Sprockets was headquartered in Hawaii!

View attachment 1130549
Waikiki Circle Hotel.
Used to be owned by a Chinese immigrant back in the 60's. May still be in the family.
Rooms are pie shaped and pretty small but have unobstructed ocean views on the front.
Neat little dive hotel--I stayed there some 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Wheeler

Reaction score
Waikiki Circle Hotel.
Used to be owned by a Chinese immigrant back in the 60's. May still be in the family.
Rooms are pie shaped and pretty small but have unobstructed ocean views on the front.
Neat little dive hotel--I stay there some 20 years ago.
I had no idea. thanks for the info. It looked familiar and I knew it wasn't the Cogswell building. :)
ebfd2159-37f1-43fb-9cb6-e4ea0a5ded90_screenshot.jpg
Spacely_Space_Sprockets.png

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Rainbow drive-in just south of there. Great local place for plate lunch. Buy a t-shirt or two.
I prefer the Leeward drive-in in Waipahu myself. (you will only find local there though)

If youre bringing back chocolates, coffee or treats--buy at Costco and not ABC or Walgreens/CVS

If your in to hiking--climb Kokohead. Get to the parking lot about 3:30am and hike up the 1000+ steps (think its closer to 1200). Bring flashlight and some water/food. Can be difficult (ive climbed it in slippas) in some places but worth the sunrise.
Always recommend Kualoa Ranch. You can do ATV tour, Zip lines etc. Very cool. Lots of movie history there. 50 First Dates, King Kong, Jurassic Park just to name a few.

Pearl and Punchbowl in same day is easy to do. Then can hit Pali lookout (windy place).

If you want good local food--eat where the locals eat and not at a place you will recognize the name too. Just ask a construction worker, a gas station attendant, delivery driver--they will tell you.

Be good to the people and their land--and have a good time.

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
Rainbow drive-in just south of there. Great local place for plate lunch. Buy a t-shirt or two.
I prefer the Leeward drive-in in Waipahu myself. (you will only find local there though)

If youre bringing back chocolates, coffee or treats--buy at Costco and not ABC or Walgreens/CVS

If your in to hiking--climb Kokohead. Get to the parking lot about 3:30am and hike up the 1000+ steps (think its closer to 1200). Bring flashlight and some water/food. Can be difficult (ive climbed it in slippas) in some places but worth the sunrise.
Always recommend Kualoa Ranch. You can do ATV tour, Zip lines etc. Very cool. Lots of movie history there. 50 First Dates, King Kong, Jurassic Park just to name a few.

Peal and Punchbowl in same day is easy to do. Then can hit Pali lookout (windy place).

If you want good local food--eat where the locals eat and not at a place you will recognize the name too. Just ask a construction worker, a gas station attendant, delivery driver--they will tell you.

Be good to the people and their land--and have a good time.
Thank you for the recommendations! We will check some of those places out. 👍👍

So far all of the people we have encountered have been friendly......except for the douchebag at the Hard Rock Cafe. LMAO