Here We Go!

Backlash

Reaction score
PXL_20220703_043212019.jpg

PXL_20220703_053208188~2.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I am awestruck that you consistently think of me as you consume gourmet sausages.

Backlash

Reaction score
What a great vacation for the family!!!! As a lot know I was born in Hawaii and lived all but 3 years of my live there. As the wife and I sit in our Havasu home we are talking about all the images you have posted. This is the Hawaii that we did not get to enjoy in our adult years while raising our son. I split my time in Hawaii and Havasu and next month we go back specifically to have a vacation on Maui and do the things tha twe never did all those years. Thanks for getting me pumped up for it. 👍
Thank you Sir! We had the best time and tried not to waste any time sleeping! We stayed up late each night and hit the ground running early each day! We were trying to do as much as we could, time permitting!!

4Waters

Reaction score
BL, we visited the Arizona Memorial in 2004 and as the guide was explaining to us about the oil drop dispersion that rise were referred as "The tears of the Soldiers" my 17 year old daughter snapped this photograph. We didn't see the photo until we returned to the states. She captured the moment...

View attachment 1132243
That looks like a face

Backlash

Reaction score
After dinner, we watched the sun dip into the Pacific Ocean then headed inside the hotel. If you haven't been, I would highly recommend you at least walk through the main floor. There is a small collection of early surfboards on display, with some amazing pictures of surfers and surfing, dating back to the late 1800's. The display walks you through a very basic progression of surfboards and the milestones of the surfing world. It is worth a stop. There is also some history of the hotel and vintage images of the early years of the hotel. It's beautiful and very well taken care of. 👍. I guess for $500 a night, it should be. 🤣

PXL_20220703_054500599~2.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Picking up where I left off ....

The next morning we headed back down to the beach for the day. My wife and her son were both worn out from the previous day, so they enjoyed the sun and sand, and passed on another day chasing waves. I paddled out and joined the massive crowd of people already in the water. It was beautiful! Warm water, gentle waves and a group of people who were all down to earth. It didn't matter if they were semi-pro or brand new, everyone got along and shared the space equally. You don't see that anymore. People were helpful and the newbies just did their best to catch a wave whenever possible. Myself included. I spent majority of my time flailing about, trying to get up to speed, but I was constantly in the wrong place at the right time. I just couldn't catch a break......or a wave.

So I decided to sit back and watch a little more, to see what else I was doing wrong. And then I saw her. A young, tiny Asian woman, wearing a black and white truckers cap with something barely resembling a bikini. She could do no wrong. Every wave she paddled for, she caught! And she rode that sucker all the way to the shore. When she paddled back out, she glided. It was effortless for her. She barely expelled any energy. She was super efficient and made everything look so easy. Wave after wave, she was up and riding while the rest of us watched.

She was obviously a local. Not because of the gorgeous tan or bitchen board she had, but because she knew the break like the back of her hand. So I decided to float near where she was waiting for waves, to see if I could pick her brain. She noticed me and simply said "This is where you wanna be, it breaks here."

Yes Ma'am!

Backlash

Reaction score
So I sat and waited for a bit. Low and behold, she was right! A nice wave was rolling in, and everyone else noticed it too. I could hear people all around me yelling and laughing and I could see people paddling their hearts out! I did the same thing and did my best to stay ahead of them! Some guys looked like professionals while others looked like fish out of water. Guys were paddling and kicking their legs in the air as if it was going to help speed them along! I found myself laughing at the sights, while telling myself "Paddle! Paddle!" I did my best, trying for smooth strokes without letting the wave pass me. In a matter of seconds, there was nobody else around me! Finally, a decent little wave! I hopped up to my feet, threw my hands up in success and enjoyed the ride to the beach!

I was fortunate enough to repeat that two more times that morning, before finally calling it quits. I had been blessed with a couple nice waves and had left my wife on the beach long enough! This morning and the previous afternoon were both icing on an already amazing cake! This vacation was perfect in every way!!

Backlash

Reaction score
I ran the rental board back to the rental shop then returned to the beach with my wife. We enjoyed the rest of our afternoon, relishing in the sun. I didn't take any pictures this morning while I was in the water. Paddling while holding a GoPro is no easy task and I didn't bring a suction cup mount. Next time!!

The day was spent deciding where to go and what to eat for dinner. We all agreed on the same thing.

PXL_20220704_044745008.jpg

PXL_20220704_044756155.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
We knew our time in paradise was coming to a close, so we figured we needed one last walk down the beach "Just cuz." We had already packed our suitcases, all our snorkel gear and the piles of souvenirs and goodies we were dragging home with us. Our stuff was ready, but we weren't.

PXL_20220704_053418173.jpg

PXL_20220704_054354834.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
And just like that, we were on our way home.

PXL_20220704_182920148.jpg

We made it home without a hitch and we all keep saying the same thing to one another.....when are we going back??

What an AMAZING trip! Thank you to all who followed along and thank you for the recommendations on where to go and things to see and do. There were SOOO many things we didn't get to do, they'll have to wait for the next trip across Big Blue. 😎