WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Here's the Beef.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Thanks again Joel, the rib eyes were great. Tell Amy that my wife really enjoyed hers. : )

Hard to explain the difference in flavor but we just kept saying more fresh and better tasting than what we normally get at Costco.

Olive oil, salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. 8 minutes on the grill and 5 minutes in a Pyrex bowl with another Pyrex bowl on top to keep the heat in. I think I could cook them even less.

My wife hates mushrooms but still cooks them for me! Shredded cauliflower too.

IMG_6010.jpg
IMG_6012.jpg

Rzncain

Reaction score
Joel and Amy delivered our 1/2 beef and 1/2 pork order last week. We have had some of each and it's been excellent. My kids loved the ground beef and the black pepper bacon, they picked up right away on the taste difference. Thanks again Joel and Amy.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Well after quite a bit of trying to hook up with Joel, we finally made it to Havasu on Saturday morning to pick up beef, after not sleeping much nigth before and leaving at 4am plus drinking 2 coffee's i was a little punched out when i got to Havasu, so much so i introduced my girlfriend as Diana and her name is Danielle( HEARD ABOUT THAT ALL WEEKEND). I brought in 2 ribeyes for work for me and my work partner, turned out really good probably cooked them 30 seconds too much on each side but they were still really juicy with good flavor. Thanks Joel and Amy.

Attachments

• 20161010_191836.jpg
    20161010_191836.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 74

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
We had a side by side taste test at my house on Saturday night. My buddy brought over prime steak from Costco and I took out a couple of Ribeye's from the freezer. I grilled them and there is no comparison. I used to love costco's prime cuts but there is just so much more flavor in the beef you get from Joel, it's not even fair to compare them. My buddy couldn't believe the difference. I think he's ruined forever. :D

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Well after quite a bit of trying to hook up with Joel, we finally made it to Havasu on Saturday morning to pick up beef, after not sleeping much nigth before and leaving at 4am plus drinking 2 coffee's i was a little punched out when i got to Havasu, so much so i introduced my girlfriend as Diana and her name is Danielle( HEARD ABOUT THAT ALL WEEKEND). I brought in 2 ribeyes for work for me and my work partner, turned out really good probably cooked them 30 seconds too much on each side but they were still really juicy with good flavor. Thanks Joel and Amy.

We also picked up our 1/2 on Saturday morning from Joel and Amy. We had Ribeyes Sunday night (had a co-ed baby shower to go to Saturday night that included dinner), and they were spectacular. Joel warned us about cooking them too long, and I was a little panicked while cooking them (caused me to not even think about taking pictures), but they came out perfect. Can't wait to try some other cuts.... Thanks again Joel and Amy..... :thumbsup

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We had a side by side taste test at my house on Saturday night. My buddy brought over prime steak from Costco and I took out a couple of Ribeye's from the freezer. I grilled them and there is no comparison. I used to love costco's prime cuts but there is just so much more flavor in the beef you get from Joel, it's not even fair to compare them. My buddy couldn't believe the difference. I think he's ruined forever. :D

It's like the difference between a store-bought tomato, and one ripe and fresh from a garden.

We just got our pig, can't wait to tear into it :thumbup:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Night 2, went with ground beef sample, had 4 guys try it, very well recieved.
0bcdd68b5e48bce9b67763c6cfce97c3.jpg

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
It's like the difference between a store-bought tomato, and one ripe and fresh from a garden.

We just got our pig, can't wait to tear into it [emoji106]
I'm getting mine from Chip on Sunday ... looking forward it.

boatnam2

Reaction score
My work buddy i split my 1/4 with cooked up his filet mingon tonight also , sorry no pic, went to quick, stuff was good!

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
Wash11, if you want caves from natural grass fed beef to raise let me know. My Dad is George Gregory of Twin Arrows Cattle Co. in Northern AZ. A true rancher and his stuff is premium. We only cut for family and friends and sell yearligs to folks like you and other ranchers. P.M me if you want cattle....

Bo

boatnam2

Reaction score
Threw down a t-bone last night, it was pretty good, GF thought it was too lean, but she is Filipino, they like it super greasy.

wash11

Reaction score
For the guys that have purchased the pork, this is an excellent article with lots of great recipes and tips on cooking your pastured meat. Amy really had hoped to be further along with her cook book by now but by time she drops in bed at night, there has rarely been any time to even think about it.

http://theradicalhomemaker.net/grassfed-cooking-recipes-and-tips/pasture-perfect-pork-chops/

This stuff just screams for a cast iron skillet or nice fry pan with a few herbs and spices thrown in.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
This stuff just screams for a cast iron skillet or nice fry pan with a few herbs and spices thrown in.

So you're saying it would be better to fry them than BBQ? BTW, the bacon and sausage are phenomenal. When Ellabo came to pick up his portion of the pork we compared your bacon to the store bought bacon I had. The store bought probably had twice as much fat and wasn't nearly as flavorful. :thumbsup

wash11

Reaction score
So you're saying it would be better to fry them than BBQ? BTW, the bacon and sausage are phenomenal. When Ellabo came to pick up his portion of the pork we compared your bacon to the store bought bacon I had. The store bought probably had twice as much fat and wasn't nearly as flavorful. :thumbsup

I've grilled so many chops, so many different ways.... while good, they just don't even come close to using fry pan. Break out your ol' cast iron and fall in love all over again Chipster.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
I've grilled so many chops, so many different ways.... while good, they just don't even come close to using fry pan. Break out your ol' cast iron and fall in love all over again Chipster.

Cool, thanks! Cast iron is my favorite. My Traeger and Weber have cast iron griddles and I cook with either cast iron or classic stainless steel at home.

We're headed to the desert this weekend and I'll give a couple of these recipes a try.

pronstar

Reaction score
I've never really cooked pork before, besides bacon and sausage. Thanks for the link, definitely going to try those recipes.

rivergames

Reaction score
I've never really cooked pork before, besides bacon and sausage. Thanks for the link, definitely going to try those recipes.

So yesterday, I smoked some of the Pepper bacon (because I couldn't wait till this weekend). Not even my words, but my chick says "I think this is the best bacon I have ever had"

I was thinking the same thing! :tbi

Havasteve

Reaction score

Totally agree Joel. Cast iron chicken frying pan. In corn oil.

I beat Parmesan into the pork chops, dip in egg, coat with Italian bread crumbs and fry to just before the breading steam blisters. If you get puffs of steam from the meat it's over cooked. Good with spaghetti.

Havasteve

Reaction score
Here's what I do with bacon.

In the brick smoker for 6 hrs of Apple wood smoke

Bacon, little Smokey Joe Sausages cut in half, Jalopinos and plain Cream Cheese
IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0108.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Holy shit!!! I love poppers and I love lil smoakies. So doing this.

NicPaus

Reaction score
So yesterday, I smoked some of the Pepper bacon (because I couldn't wait till this weekend). Not even my words, but my chick says "I think this is the best bacon I have ever had"

I was thinking the same thing! :tbi

I am sure it is not close to Wash's but the Safeway in Parker has the thick cut peppered bacon for $5 a pound. It is $10+ at every store by my house. Cheaper than the packaged run of the mill stuff. I waited 2 hours at Foxs Sunday for a ok bacon and eggs and was kicking myself for not driving to Safeway, stuck eating bar food all weekend is for the birds!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
2 slices of regular store bacon side by side wasn't as wide as one slice of this new bacon. It was so tasty also.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I made some centerloin chops seasoned with Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and a bit of chili powder.

Grilled on the q and they came out great.

I gotta get a damn smoker. Lol

NicPaus

Reaction score
I made some centerloin chops seasoned with Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and a bit of chili powder.

Grilled on the q and they came out great.

I gotta get a damn smoker. Lol

Did you get a Butt and shoulder? Definitely need a smoker. For the Chops like mentioned I can q them bomb but prefer to pan fry like mentioned.

Havasteve

Reaction score
How come you and I don't hang out? :D We live in the same town.. I never get the invite over for that stuff!

RD

Dave consider yourself pre invited. Next time I fire Bessie I will let you know. May be sooner than later.

pronstar

Reaction score
We just had the Brined Pork Chops in Rosemary Cream Sauce with Caramelized Pears from the link Joel posted. Holy shit it was good, made some garlic smashed potatoes to go with it.

Its definitely a different style of cooking than I'm used to, but I'm a fast learner :)

Never really ate pork chops before, now I know what I've been missing LOL

wash11

Reaction score
How come you and I don't hang out? :D We live in the same town.. I never get the invite over for that stuff!

RD

You will be impressed with his outdoor setup. And, he's serious about his vittles. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been an RDP get together at Steves place.

wash11

Reaction score
We just had the Brined Pork Chops in Rosemary Cream Sauce with Caramelized Pears from the link Joel posted. Holy shit it was good, made some garlic smashed potatoes to go with it.

Its definitely a different style of cooking than I'm used to, but I'm a fast learner :)

Never really ate pork chops before, now I know what I've been missing LOL

That's awesome to read. You really get what this is all about. Love seeing people get back in the kitchen.