WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Herring props

Boat 405

Reaction score
Just saw an ad in the classified for a couple of props. Why are they so expensive?? I mean billet CNC props for a TAH don't even cost that much. What is so special about them that warrant getting $4000 per prop new?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Just saw an ad in the classified for a couple of props. Why are they so expensive?? I mean billet CNC props for a TAH don't even cost that much. What is so special about them that warrant getting $4000 per prop new?

Low production, perfectly labbed, and appeal strictly to a market of high expensive boats where the owners can afford them.

Also worth mentioning you can shave with them or even break skin by just lightly brushing one while walking by it as I've learned first hand.

$4k is actually a pretty fair price for these compared to some of the numbers I've seen them sell for. My avatar has $20k worth of Herrings in it. (obviously not my boat haha)

Boat 405

Reaction score
Ok. It sounds like they’ve found a good niche where folks are willing to buy their products. Good for them. Not bashing at all. Just curious.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
4K is a deal- they are usually well over 5 new. Not just Herrings Merc too.

CNC cleavers are horrifically expensive to make - starting with the machine, to the stock, which eats through cutting bits, and to the guys finishing and balancing it.

That razor edge wins the race and gives you the speed - the thinner the entry point to the water the less resistance overall - and in a race every single % counts.

" thin to win" as the racers say.

UD

lavey jr

Reaction score

Not sure why exactly this is but every time I've used a Hering prop vs a Merc prop (comparable size) the Hering was always faster but handling was about the same. So I guess in the world of who's boat is fastest that's the price people are willing to spend

HBCraig

Reaction score
Hering is the real deal. You get a carrying case when you buy them though. ;)