WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hertz And Shelby Debut A 900-HP Ford Mustang You Can Rent This Summer

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Would be fun to rent one though.

Shelby American and Hertz are partnering to offer tuned Ford Mustangs some of which have over 900 horsepower (671 kilowatts) as rental cars. The first vehicles arrive this summer at select Hertz locations. Prices aren't yet available. The announcement is part of a three-year collaboration deal between the companies.
The Mustang Shelby GT500-H fastback will offer over 900 hp from a tuned Predator 5.2-liter supercharged V8 from the GT500. It'll be the most powerful rental car ever available from Hertz.
The GT500-H will also have a carbon-fiber hood with prominent vents. The panel will weigh 30 pounds (13.61 kilograms) less than the stock piece, according to Shelby.
Gold stripes over the body and along the side sills will pay homage to the look of the original Hertz Shelby Mustangs. The muscle car will ride on forged aluminum wheels with performance tires.
Inside, there will be a plaque on the dashboard with the GT500-H's production number. Hertz and Shelby American logos will decorate the cabin.

Shelby will build 25 examples of the GT500-H. Of those, 19 will have a Shadow Black exterior, and 6 will be Oxford White. They'll be available to rent in Phoenix, Arizona; Las Vegas, Nevada; and the Florida cities of Fort Myers, Miami, Orlando, and Tampa.

mustang-shelby-gt500-h-hertz-rental-front-angle.jpg

shelby-gt-h-convertibles-hertz-rental-front-angle.jpg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
What hill is that in LA they jumped with the Tesla?
I see this lasting about 25 rentals...some lawsuits and some cool insurance auctions after.
… if it’s the one in Silver Lake… Couple years ago accidentally ended up on that street… And yes indeed very steep… when will I be able to rent one of these???. Lol..

4Waters

Reaction score
… if it’s the one in Silver Lake… Couple years ago accidentally ended up on that street… And yes indeed very steep… when will I be able to rent one of these???. Lol..
Yes, silverlake

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Going to see this mustang Shelby this weekend Shelby A big Shelby show going on .
Not the Vegas location

Date: Saturday May 14, 2022
Time: 9:00AM- 3:00PM

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Scary stuff to release a 850 hp 18' boat to a Newb/novice .... the stories I could tell..... I worry forever ....

El Rojo

Reaction score
Back in the day the old cars guys I grew up with told me stories about how in the 60's these things were rented for the wnkd and they'd swap out the motors and certain parts and return them on Monday...

wishiknew

Reaction score
Lawsuit coming some people have no sense of what is out of control until they CRASH

hman442

Reaction score
Back in the day the old cars guys I grew up with told me stories about how in the 60's these things were rented for the wnkd and they'd swap out the motors and certain parts and return them on Monday...
They'd also rent them and spend the day at the drag strip with it