WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey Dave.... know anybody looking for a job in Parker?

BigHeart

RiverMaster
Reaction score
http://www.parkerliveonline.com/2012/10/15/parker-area-tourism-seeks-executive-director/

Director
1 DAY AGO
by Mary Hamilton, Parker Area Tourism ? News ? Comments
The Parker Area Tourism Committee is accepting resumes for the position of Executive Director. The Parker Area Tourism Office is a non-profit, specialty Destination Marketing Office (DMO) that promotes visitation to the Parker Area. The position requires the following:

Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to speak in a public setting, produce and present reports for local government. Produce editorial content for periodicals. Networking, public relations, customer service.
Excellent computer knowledge. Must be able to use graphic design program, maintain website with Microsoft Expression Web, Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access. Quickbooks, Google for Business.
Budgeting and Finance: Must be able to produce annual budget, maintain records, apply for grants when available.
Marketing: Must be able to travel and attend trade shows marketing the Parker Area. Must be able to utilize social media as a marketing tool.
Project Management, Strategic Planning, Process Development and Improvement.
Position reports to a Board of Directors
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes to: Parker Area Tourism Committee, 1217 S. California Ave, Parker, AZ 85344 or [email protected]

This job closes on October 26, 2012

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
They need to hire someone to combat the "Parker's Closed" campaign. :D

rvrmom

Reaction score
Ha! That's more or less what I went to UH for. I have a BS in Travel Industry Management with my focus being tourism. The other focus's were hotel management, transportation and I'm blanking on the other. I even interned at the Hawaii Visitor's bureau for a few months after graduating. Not much money in it though :( at the entry level at least.

Should stuck with it and sucked up the low pay when I was in my 20's. I'd be makin good money doing something I love (travel industry) vs. damn I gotta do this till I retire.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
LOL I saw that ad this morning looking at the plane crash thread and thought, hell I love Dave's stories, maybe he could visit a buffet in Parker and talk it up! :cool