WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey Grads, Check this out !!!

dribble

Reaction score
Less than ten miles from your house and in my old neighborhood. Since you've asked several times in the past, this is one of the reasons why some of us carry guns.

Placer County Sheriff's Office
4 hrs ·
On December 30th at 8:25pm, 25-year old Brandon Smith and his girlfriend, 23-year old Elizabeth Almand, were seen shoplifting from the Raley’s grocery store in Loomis.

A Raley’s loss-prevention employee walked out after the couple and when confronted, a physical fight ensued between Smith and the employee. Smith then pulled out a knife on the loss-prevention employee and cut his finger.
There was a struggle between Smith and the employee for the knife, which was then taken by the second suspect, Almand.

At one point, Smith shouted for Almand to stab the employee, when a Good Samaritan stepped in to help.
The Good Samaritan, who was carrying a concealed weapon, yelled for Almand to drop the knife, which she immediately did.The Good Samaritan is a registered CCW holder with a permit from Calaveras County.He blocked Almand from accessing the knife as he waited for law enforcement to arrive.

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office responded to the incident and subsequently arrested Smith and Almand. The California Highway Patrol also responded to assist. Deputies found approximately $50 worth of items were stolen from the grocery store. Smith and Almand were both booked into the South Placer Jail; Smith is being charged with robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and conspiracy, and Almand is being charged with robbery and conspiracy.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sad.
Sad they couldn't just shoot the thieves attacking a guy for doing his job. Your tax dollars will support them...and any kids the two have:mad:

dribble

Reaction score
What's interesting is that the Sheriffs Dept is right across the street so it probably took then about one minute to get there.

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
It’s just nice to see that the lovely CA police didn’t detain the legally carrying Good Samaritan

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
What's interesting is that the Sheriffs Dept is right across the street so it probably took then about one minute to get there.

That is true. It is a Placer County Sub Station, so there wasn't always someone there (or at least it used to be). I grew up in that town.

It’s just nice to see that the lovely CA police didn’t detain the legally carrying Good Samaritan
Bet you they detained his firearm for the mandatory Ca time limit. Out here you'd get a pat on the back, and asked what rounds you have loaded.

Thank Goodness, the Sheriff in Placer County isn't anti-gun.

dribble

Reaction score
Bet you they detained his firearm for the mandatory Ca time limit. Out here you'd get a pat on the back, and asked what rounds you have loaded.

No they didn’t. A friend in the same county pulled his on a guy in what I considered was a questionable circumstance and held him until the cops got there. They didn’t take his gun.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Good, the way it should be. I hope charges are brought not just for theft, but also for assault and a and every other charge they can pile on.
No they didn’t. A friend in the same county pulled his on a guy in what I considered was a questionable circumstance and held him until the cops got there. They didn’t take his gun.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Less than ten miles from your house and in my old neighborhood. Since you've asked several times in the past, this is one of the reasons why some of us carry guns.

Placer County Sheriff's Office
4 hrs ·
On December 30th at 8:25pm, 25-year old Brandon Smith and his girlfriend, 23-year old Elizabeth Almand, were seen shoplifting from the Raley’s grocery store in Loomis.

A Raley’s loss-prevention employee walked out after the couple and when confronted, a physical fight ensued between Smith and the employee. Smith then pulled out a knife on the loss-prevention employee and cut his finger.
There was a struggle between Smith and the employee for the knife, which was then taken by the second suspect, Almand.

At one point, Smith shouted for Almand to stab the employee, when a Good Samaritan stepped in to help.
The Good Samaritan, who was carrying a concealed weapon, yelled for Almand to drop the knife, which she immediately did.The Good Samaritan is a registered CCW holder with a permit from Calaveras County.He blocked Almand from accessing the knife as he waited for law enforcement to arrive.

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office responded to the incident and subsequently arrested Smith and Almand. The California Highway Patrol also responded to assist. Deputies found approximately $50 worth of items were stolen from the grocery store. Smith and Almand were both booked into the South Placer Jail; Smith is being charged with robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and conspiracy, and Almand is being charged with robbery and conspiracy.
He won’t read that, lol.
Too many words.
More than 3 sentences or more than 3 syllables, he’s out.:D

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
For those who think the cops are all "against people carrying CCW"....

https://www.placerdsa.org/

Amazing ain't it? Even cops think the idea of trained citizens carrying a concealed handgun is a good idea. I can't imagine what they would think about you having one in your home...geez....you would think they support the 2nd amendment er somthin.

Don't we have some members in Placer??
LOL

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Why would they? It wasn't discharged and he was carrying it legally....

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
"you rang"....sorry I am old enough to remember Ted Cassiday as Lurch on the Addams Family saying that in his deep voice and just heard it in my head as I read your response.
Didn't ring as it were... but wanted to share with you folks what the Placer DSA put out. I think it is an outstanding statement from the line officers of the PCSO about their take on the CCW holder''s actions recently, and pretty well made clear the position of their membership on CCW in general.
If I lived down in Placer it would be a nice thing to know where these men and women stand on the matter and that they are willing to put it into words for all to see.

dribble

Reaction score
I lived in Placer County and shopped at that Raley's market. I also had a CCW in Placer. After my divorce, I moved to Sacramento County. I contacted Placer to let them know I was turning in my permit and they told me no need, just give us your new address and we'll reissue it ( in a different county no less). Believe it or not, the Sacramento County Sheriff is even more Pro 2A and only requires you to put personal protection for your just cause. I have one here now.

4Waters

Reaction score
"you rang"....sorry I am old enough to remember Ted Cassiday as Lurch on the Addams Family saying that in his deep voice and just heard it in my head as I read your response.
Didn't ring as it were... but wanted to share with you folks what the Placer DSA put out. I think it is an outstanding statement from the line officers of the PCSO about their take on the CCW holder''s actions recently, and pretty well made clear the position of their membership on CCW in general.
If I lived down in Placer it would be a nice thing to know where these men and women stand on the matter and that they are willing to put it into words for all to see.
LOL, that is exactly how I read "you rang".

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I wish I could get a CCW in San Mateo County. No chance in hell since they don’t issue any, ever! :(

I want to buy a vacation home in El Dorado county. Wonder if I can get a CCW there as a homeowner?(but not a resident)

If so I will take the class in El Dorado hills ;):p

dribble

Reaction score
I wish I could get a CCW in San Mateo County. No chance in hell since they don’t issue any, ever! :(

I want to buy a vacation home in El Dorado county. Wonder if I can get a CCW there as a homeowner?(but not a resident)

If so I will take the class in El Dorado hills ;):p

You can. You'll have to change your driver's license to the El Dorado address and then they will only want utility and tax bills for proof of residency. They hand them out pretty freely there as well.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
We got plenty of bills as you know. LOL

If I change my address I may never go back though. LOL

You can. You'll have to change your driver's license to the El Dorado address and then they will only want utility and tax bills for proof of residency. They hand them out pretty freely there as well.