WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey LAM, another pos followed me home. A Hallett Flatty Thread

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I have not installed the rest of the valvetrain to check it yet. I know worst case scenario the cam kit is built to work with and clear the pistons with a 1.6 Rocker, but Id really like to use these 1.7s if I can. Im also using a hydraulic flat tappet cam, I dont have the cam card in front of me but the lift I believe is about 0.50
Standard big block Chevy ratio is 1.7 (or 1.73).

Dan'l

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
20221006_142721.jpg
20221006_173158.jpg

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
the one rocker with the corner "massaged" typically would be placed 1 valve to the right (intake) . the clearancing is for the valve cover hold down bolt depression in the valve cover. at least that has always been the point of interference for us.

These valve covers dont have any clearance issues. I really could have put them anywhere and just put them on the ends.

69hondo

Reaction score
I got to ask why are you running a Volvo style water pump plus crossover and not a typ v-drive water pump?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I got to ask why are you running a Volvo style water pump plus crossover and not a typ v-drive water pump?

$120 vs $600+. I was going to use a Bravo pump I had in my spare parts been until I realized it wouldnt work with the motor mount plates.

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I need a set of those for mine too. Did you have any problems finding them? Ive bee scared to go ask the tire shop. Also the tires that are currently mounted are from the 80's and the numbering system was different then

I got them from a mom and pop place. he didnt have any issues finding them and ordering them. they were dog ass cheap too.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
those are some oldies!

I'm almost convinced that they are the original tires that came on the trailer. I haven't been able to find out if there is something on the market that is the same dimensionally, mainly because I'm not that smart and haven't done enough research. Trying to keep the original look may prove to be difficult but at least I know there are 13" tires still out there!

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I'm almost convinced that they are the original tires that came on the trailer. I haven't been able to find out if there is something on the market that is the same dimensionally, mainly because I'm not that smart and haven't done enough research. Trying to keep the original look may prove to be difficult but at least I know there are 13" tires still out there!

my Fairlane sits on 13's as well. theyre out there. Id be surprised if youre going to find another set of bias plies tho. youre likely going to have to settle for some radials like I did or pay stupid money for some reproduction classic car tires

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
B60-13 roughly equivalent to 205/60r13's. BFG has the T/A Radial in that size, but spendy, at $144 per.
Quite a few 'directional' tires in that size for substantially less.

Dan'l

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
my Fairlane sits on 13's as well. theyre out there. Id be surprised if youre going to find another set of bias plies tho. youre likely going to have to settle for some radials like I did or pay stupid money for some reproduction classic car tires

Wouldn't have to be a bias ply, I just want them to fit the fenders the right way still. It has a pretty wide tread that I'll probably lose but that's ok

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I got some more stuff done on the engine today although nothong noteworthy there.

i did finally commit to going oldschool with the headers tho
20221010_155422.jpg
20221010_162637.jpg