WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY--LAM, BOUGHT A BOAT TODAY...

adam909

Reaction score
damn never seen a engine bay of those boats.. Does that back seat removable? looks like the water impeller would be a pain in the butt

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I just gave away a super clean great running Advantage for half of what I originally listed it for.
this one??? a 1993 small block carb motor for 28k???? and it sold for 14k????

1631499312261.png

wasn't it priced kinda high to begin with... jmo..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
like I said.... bash away like always,,, but if I do sell it it will be listed else where... i like the boat, and like it better then the pile of money... can't take either with you when you go... so spend some... guess I could fill a wood box with cash and float across the lake... then I wouldn't loose so much.... or go back to video poker...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The sellers market has come to end. Guarantee you just lost money on this boat if you don’t sell it in the next 30 days. Boats will not bring the big money next spring and there won’t be many buyers this fall or winter mark my word. If you have someone that wants this boat now you might want to unload it!
I wanna buy some more boats,... how long till the 1/2 off sell starts????

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The sellers market has come to end. Guarantee you just lost money on this boat if you don’t sell it in the next 30 days. Boats will not bring the big money next spring and there won’t be many buyers this fall or winter mark my word. If you have someone that wants this boat now you might want to unload it!

Just quoting this to see how it ages next spring.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
JMO>>> but wouldn't you have to be there watching the deal go down and look at what the person was buying to make that statement???
The gel on it was hard to get by which is what hurt the value IMO.

When it got that cheap I considered buying it for my kids.

1631501068975.png

what was wrong with the gel???? blistering or faded....??? I thought that the 5.7 smallblock carb motor and being a 1993 was why...

guest hs

Reaction score
JMO>>> but wouldn't you have to be there watching the deal go down and look at what the person was buying to make that statement???

View attachment 1048548

what was wrong with the gel???? blistering or faded....??? I thought that the 5.7 smallblock carb motor and being a 1993 was why...
There was nothing wrong with the gel besides it being dated. The gel was an easy 9 out of 10. Had the upgraded Bravo drive which that tried and true small block would never break. This boat ran 57 mph and sipped fuel. I would rather have a carburetor on a boat any day of fuel injection.

guest hs

Reaction score
Dave out of everybody on here you should see this coming being so involved with the boating industry. I know your wife is seeing it in the real estate market, it’s going that way too. I see houses dropping the prices by 100 K , never saw that earlier in the year or early summer as well. People can be in Denial all they want but it’s coming.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Not really it’s not a Cheetah. It sold for a little more then 14. It held up well a Cheetah would have been in the dump by now at that age.
so there are no 1993 cheetahs???? just try'n to learn some thing... do you think mine will make it another year???? should I take the efi off and put a carb???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Dave out of everybody on here you should see this coming being so involved with the boating industry. I know your wife is seeing it in the real estate market, it’s going that way too. I see houses dropping the prices by 100 K , never saw that earlier in the year or early summer as well. People can be in Denial all they want but it’s coming.
I've been seeing that also, but, it's been people fishing...1000 sq ft homes are still fetching 350...

guest hs

Reaction score
I wanna buy some more boats,... how long till the 1/2 off sell starts????
I will sell you a couple VDrives that are priced a lot less then that Cheetah. In fact you could buy both fully restored and still have money in your pocket.

guest hs

Reaction score
what about people that live on the coast??? is the drywall all gonna fall off??? thanks for posting all this info, I always like learning new stuff
Come on Steve you can’t tell me you have never heard of the connection between drywall screws and Cheetah boats. By the way I’m not talking about the new cheetahs they have come a long way.

Reactions: DWC

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this 2br 2bth trailer built in 1965 just sold for 235k

3018 William Dr, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86404 | MLS #1016702 | Zillow

1631502770008.png

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Come on Steve you can’t tell me you have never heard of the connection between drywall screws and Cheetah boats. By the way I’m not talking about the new cheetahs they have come a long way.
I had north of 20 cheetahs, had 5 built from scratch... never seen one drywall screw when they were put together.. do they hold the engine in???? or use them to screw the steering wheel on.... I've heard people say that to bash cheetah... but never seen them use drywall screws on any boat they built for me... and why would they,... and for what???

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
but they still use drywall screws??? I just can't figure out for what???

this one was built in 2014... where would the drywall screws be????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I will sell you a couple VDrives that are priced a lot less then that Cheetah. In fact you could buy both fully restored and still have money in your pocket.
sold, where can I pick up these schiada's and what size balls for the trailer.... wait.... I'll just send a transporter flat bed... when can we do this...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this has me thinking,... my boat was put together with drywall screws??? if this is true,.. I will find them tomorrow and take pics... but just to give me a head start,... where should I look????? anyone????

Good Stuff

Reaction score
but they still use drywall screws??? I just can't figure out for what???

this one was built in 2014... where would the drywall screws be????

I looked at that boat at Cactus. The most obvious drywall screws were holding in the drivers side footwell. Maybe they are harder for some people to spot when they aren’t taped and mudded.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Well as far as boats go we are going into off season so it would make sense the market would level off a bit.. that’s a far cry from dipping or going soft though. I believe certain segments of the boating market are gonna change..

I’d predict the twin engine toon market is gonna keep being crazy on pricing for two reasons. 1. The mfg’s have raised the prices on them considerably. 2. All the manufacturers are cutting production next year so it’s a simple supply / demand Situation.

As far as toys go in general though things are still crazy and priced to the moon. Look at side by sides / trailers / rv’s.. it’s nuts.

As for the house situation we have seen people shoot for the moon and often times get it. I can’t tell you where the housing market in Havasu is going to go.. I don’t think anyone can, because we are in a unique spot being on an “island” so to speak. Right now we have developments to fill out, but at the current rate of growth we are gonna run out of land between 2-3 years. When that happens, things are gonna get interesting to say the least.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There was nothing wrong with the gel besides it being dated. The gel was an easy 9 out of 10. Had the upgraded Bravo drive which that tried and true small block would never break. This boat ran 57 mph and sipped fuel. I would rather have a carburetor on a boat any day of fuel injection.

I’m not gonna bang on your old boat.. I will just say the gel design took a lot of the value off of it in my humble opinion.

I’m not sure why anyone would want a carb over EFI.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
this has me thinking,... my boat was put together with drywall screws??? if this is true,.. I will find them tomorrow and take pics... but just to give me a head start,... where should I look????? anyone????

Being it was me that originally brought the dry wall / cheetah thing to the internet.. yes some of the older cheetahs ran a lot of what looked like drywall screws to me. I couldn’t tell ya years they did or didn’t.

The new builds that cheetah are putting out are the best bang for the buck in the custom boat industry.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Being it was me that originally brought the dry wall / cheetah thing to the internet.. yes some of the older cheetahs ran a lot of what looked like drywall screws to me. I couldn’t tell ya years they did or didn’t.

The new builds that cheetah are putting out are the best bang for the buck in the custom boat industry.
Pretty sure the drywall screws deal was a myth, maybe wood screws instead of through bolting... I know when we bought our 09 cheetah wild cat, The first thing we did was to have outdrive1 come get the boat and redo the interior.... it was horrible..... he said the interior was all through bolted .... there really is no place to use drywall screws.. maybe to hold wire loom ties??? on all my cheetahs... and I've had quite a few,... never seen any... my two gull wing jets didn't have any... none of my wild cats, fast cats, or stiletto's either... I think it was more of a " they build with duct tape and bailing wire" type of a statement as they were not known for attention to detail..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
thats a bad ass top, and yes i'm talking the one on the boat..... the problem for me would be in vegas it's a 50 mile trip to the lake... it would have to come down to go down the hi-way,... you have to have tools to put it down.... but for havasu.. 3 mile to the ramp and i have a 14' high door on the rv garage...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Pimp'n aint easy....

big titties pop'n , ass cheeks slap'n , struggle is real try'n find whats happ'nen girls are crazy, guys are lazy, for me I spend my time driv'n miss dazy... I 'm try' so hard not to waist my time... and ever motha fuc'n time it's on my dime!!!!

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so,... my next hurdle.... triple trailer...... this trailer is pretty much perfect... and tows very well,... I'm missing parts of the math though... my idea would be to sell the trailer as is....it would be like some one getting a brand new trailer cheep... and me buying a new triple trailer.... but with the cost of steel today... what would a new one cost???? and what could i get for the old one???? fast cats pretty much died with the new wild cat arrival,... pretty sure the wild cat will fit this trailer.. but for as long as they have built the 24' fast cat... seems that someone might wanna up grade to a like new trailer...

I hate to trailer boats,... 2 things don't leave my mind... seats flying out, and tires popping... the constant looking in the mirror..

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I had north of 20 cheetahs, had 5 built from scratch... never seen one drywall screw when they were put together.. do they hold the engine in???? or use them to screw the steering wheel on.... I've heard people say that to bash cheetah... but never seen them use drywall screws on any boat they built for me... and why would they,... and for what???
I sold them the drywall screws. They wouldn't buy the stainless from us except for the screws that were visual.
Pull up the carpet and see what holds the plywood deck on

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Not beating you up on it. It's nice looking, how does it run?

They are just not my style.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Pretty sure the drywall screws deal was a myth, maybe wood screws instead of through bolting... I know when we bought our 09 cheetah wild cat, The first thing we did was to have outdrive1 come get the boat and redo the interior.... it was horrible..... he said the interior was all through bolted .... there really is no place to use drywall screws.. maybe to hold wire loom ties??? on all my cheetahs... and I've had quite a few,... never seen any... my two gull wing jets didn't have any... none of my wild cats, fast cats, or stiletto's either... I think it was more of a " they build with duct tape and bailing wire" type of a statement as they were not known for attention to detail..

No it wasn’t a myth. My buddies 2000 Cheetah scorpion had them everywhere in the interior, and regular lag bolts holding the seat bases down. We replaced many rusty bolts and screws over the years.

Boat has 700+ hours on it and the original interior lasted until 2018, stored outside in So Cal under a cover until 2016.

Hull has been rock solid, and boat has been really reliable. Boat has all stainless hardware on it now with the interior change, and resin coated floors and interior wood. Boat should last another 30 years easily.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Well as far as boats go we are going into off season so it would make sense the market would level off a bit.. that’s a far cry from dipping or going soft though. I believe certain segments of the boating market are gonna change..

I’d predict the twin engine toon market is gonna keep being crazy on pricing for two reasons. 1. The mfg’s have raised the prices on them considerably. 2. All the manufacturers are cutting production next year so it’s a simple supply / demand Situation.

As far as toys go in general though things are still crazy and priced to the moon. Look at side by sides / trailers / rv’s.. it’s nuts.

As for the house situation we have seen people shoot for the moon and often times get it. I can’t tell you where the housing market in Havasu is going to go.. I don’t think anyone can, because we are in a unique spot being on an “island” so to speak. Right now we have developments to fill out, but at the current rate of growth we are gonna run out of land between 2-3 years. When that happens, things are gonna get interesting to say the least.

The land situation... all the industrial crap west of the 95 is gonna go bye bye and be replaced with housing,

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

In the early 2000’s I drove a fast cat home for someone (long story).. anyhow I can assure you it wasn’t a myth. Lol.

Like I said that was 20 years ago and the boat had been around awhile back then. Like all manufacturers back then sometimes the boats were built well and sometimes they weren’t.

That was my first experience with a cheetah..