WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY--LAM, BOUGHT A BOAT TODAY...

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Steve:
That's a really nice boat you got. I'm like you in that I think Cheetah gets a bad rap due to a few earlier missteps that haven't happened in a very long time. I think that they are one of the better values in boats. Not everyone needs to have DCB quality rigging to be happy on the water.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Steve:
That's a really nice boat you got. I'm like you in that I think Cheetah gets a bad rap due to a few earlier missteps that haven't happened in a very long time. I think that they are one of the better values in boats. Not everyone needs to have DCB quality rigging to be happy on the water.

I am heading down to cheetah tomorrow am to take a look at the shop, and the boats. I will report back

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I am heading down to cheetah tomorrow am to take a look at the shop, and the boats. I will report back

Awesome! Please ask them to provide some updates to their thread “From The Mold”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest hs

Reaction score
Keep in mind the new product coming out of Cheetah is a huge improvement over what was previously coming out of there.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I looked at that boat at Cactus. The most obvious drywall screws were holding in the drivers side footwell. Maybe they are harder for some people to spot when they aren’t taped and mudded.
those were not drywall screws , they were stainless ,

Willow Rat

Reaction score
Here you go. It has the rear drivers seat and Bob added a storage compartment to the deck.

Attachments

• cheetah 4.jpg
    cheetah 4.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Cheetah 3.jpg
    Cheetah 3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 202

Willow Rat

Reaction score
A couple more.

Attachments

• Cheetah 2.jpg
    Cheetah 2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Cheetah 1.jpg
    Cheetah 1.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 124

Good Stuff

Reaction score
those were not drywall screws , they were stainless ,
Didn’t realize they made black stainless marine screws…. 👌🏽 I would have paid less for the stainless to match all the rest of the chrome all over that boat. I would bet a magnet sticks to those “stainless screws.” 🤣🤣

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Didn’t realize they made black stainless marine screws…. 👌🏽 I would have paid less for the stainless to match all the rest of the chrome all over that boat. I would bet a magnet sticks to those “stainless screws.” 🤣🤣
lol..... not my boat.... but I know for fact when I had it they were stainless I really don't care.... i bought a wild cat. 5 years latter sold for more than I paid....bought another one sold it for more than I paid....... so I'm guessing scott wouldn't take your offer????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I know it was a fuct up boat....looked like shit,... one you would never own.... so what do you have???? what I really liked about the boat... it was paid for... there a lot of boats better...

Good Stuff

Reaction score
lol..... not my boat.... but I know for fact when I had it they were stainless I really don't care.... i bought a wild cat. 5 years latter sold for more than I paid....bought another one sold it for more than I paid....... so I'm guessing scott wouldn't take your offer????
I actually refused to pay $80k for that quality of boat, my wife thought she was going to break everything just closing the compartments. The fact that any pressure on the outside of the boat made the hull pop in and out like a Saturn door panel turned me off. Got my deposit back even though they asked me repeatedly to “make an offer.” (I don’t necessarily take “make an offer” as a boat quality issue because that dealership was tanking right in front of everyones eyes.) Current owner said he paid $65k out the door for the boat. I doubt they removed stainless screws and replaced them with drywall screws but if that makes you feel better than we can agree to that Steve. The fact that Cheetah was able to build the boats they did and make you into such a fanboy is a statement in itself to the quality of build at the time you purchased. Those of us who are able to see an item and know where it came from may feel differently.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I actually refused to pay $80k for that quality of boat, my wife thought she was going to break everything just closing the compartments. The fact that any pressure on the outside of the boat made the hull pop in and out like a Saturn door panel turned me off. Got my deposit back even though they asked me repeatedly to “make an offer.” (I don’t necessarily take “make an offer” as a boat quality issue because that dealership was tanking right in front of everyones eyes.) Current owner said he paid $65k out the door for the boat. I doubt they removed stainless screws and replaced them with drywall screws but if that makes you feel better than we can agree to that Steve. The fact that Cheetah was able to build the boats they did and make you into such a fanboy is a statement in itself to the quality of build at the time you purchased. Those of us who are able to see an item and know where it came from may feel differently.
I was wondering why you keep chasing me around the boards.... then I found out you are from camp dory..... I not fan boy of any boat builder,... I've had quite a few..... I like my money,...ere ah.... I love my money,... I don't need to spend 150k to make you happy,... I only paid 70k for the boat new... with a 525 and full hydraulic steering...personaly... I don't care what or how they build boats... if I like it and it's priced right... I'll buy it...sorry,... but your opinion doesn't mean much to me..you see me bashing your house, pool or boat,,.. my generation respects people and their property.. oh, and I have a fiat 500 and a cruze.... and a mobile in desert hills...

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I know it was a fuct up boat....looked like shit,... one you would never own.... so what do you have???? what I really liked about the boat... it was paid for... there a lot of boats better...
It was a beautiful boat. As proven by the fact that I wired $1k sight unseen to hold the boat and one of the few “Magic’s” that Preston built copied it exactly. What some guys don’t understand is that a crappy manufacturer doesn’t mean they don’t have standards. It just means that at the time the manufacturer didn’t pour the attention to detail into that boat that was required for the price after inflation. Truly doubt you would have dumped $80k into “Sue’s Boat.” Also your desire to spend even $65k on your current boat and only ask to break even for the pure joy of having owned the boat. I have owned Bayliners and Larsons I understand the price vs quality of all those boats. My 5.7 Larson would beat most Magic’s with 496’s at 65mph. Doesn’t mean the Larson was a superior like for like boat. My 265 Domn8er with 900+HP is in a completely different league from a 25 Wildcat with a 525. I’m pretty sure that my boat is actually a Next that has been restamped since my HIN is on an aluminum plate riveted over the hull. But 75k for my boat with the engine and stereo were not comparable to your old boat. That has nothing to do with the materials used or your chronic need to lie about what is actually in a solid entry priced boat.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I was wondering why you keep chasing me around the boards.... then I found out you are from camp dory..... I not fan boy of any boat builder,... I've had quite a few..... I like my money,...ere ah.... I love my money,... I don't need to spend 150k to make you happy,... I only paid 70k for the boat new... with a 525 and full hydraulic steering...personaly... I don't care what or how they build boats... if I like it and it's priced right... I'll buy it...sorry,... but your opinion doesn't mean much to me..you see me bashing your house, pool or boat,,.. my generation respects people and their property.. oh, and I have a fiat 500 and a cruze.... and a mobile in desert hills...
I actually miss my Fiat. Does this mean I might turn into you?!? Fuck me! 🤣🤣🤣

Good Stuff

Reaction score
It was a beautiful boat. As proven by the fact that I wired $1k sight unseen to hold the boat and one of the few “Magic’s” that Preston built copied it exactly. What some guys don’t understand is that a crappy manufacturer doesn’t mean they don’t have standards. It just means that at the time the manufacturer didn’t pour the attention to detail into that boat that was required for the price after inflation. Truly doubt you would have dumped $80k into “Sue’s Boat.” Also your desire to spend even $65k on your current boat and only ask to break even for the pure joy of having owned the boat. I have owned Bayliners and Larsons I understand the price vs quality of all those boats. My 5.7 Larson would beat most Magic’s with 496’s at 65mph. Doesn’t mean the Larson was a superior like for like boat. My 265 Domn8er with 900+HP is in a completely different league from a 25 Wildcat with a 525. I’m pretty sure that my boat is actually a Next that has been restamped since my HIN is on an aluminum plate riveted over the hull. But 75k for my boat with the engine and stereo were not comparable to your old boat. That has nothing to do with the materials used or your chronic need to lie about what is actually in a solid entry priced boat.
P.S. I’ve been nothing but dissatisfied with my interactions with Dory. I guess I would be a Brent Leach fanboy if anything I truly wish Bob would have allowed him some more leeway at Eliminator as the boat handles amazing.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
lets have a beer...

Bails

Reaction score
Steve, what are you saying about desert hills? I have a mobile...............errrr manufactured home in Desert Hills and I love it.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve, what are you saying about desert hills? I have a mobile...............errrr manufactured home in Desert Hills and I love it.
we have one also,...been trying to work on it it way to hot..

IMG_2531[5608].jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
started fine,.. headed away from the dock....I haven't had a cable steer boat in quite some time,... but... there's sum ting wong here... boat would not go straight.and it took almost full turns of the wheel to keep it close to where you wanted to go... getting on plane and going 4000 rpm, speedo says 50.... but that was fast as I would ever go.. boat got weird quick... I'm gonna stay on the steering part for now...we put the boat on the trailer...I checked the drive... maybe 1/2'' side to side.... sue turned the wheel 12-3 oclock and nothing turned at the drive... got under the hatch,.. same every thing tight.. got under the helm,... it's in the steering some where... , which is probley why 1/2 the screws are missing from the steering wheel.... but wait..., there's more...the other thing that happened,... it went right to 200 degrees while on plane so shut here down and idled in..

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
you didn't even test ride it?
Did you at least start it?
Did you negotiate?
Or just hand him $59k?
no need to do any of that.... guess i'll take my hicky when I put it in the water... I know these boats well and what could be wrong.... IMHO,.... there is no competition to this boat.... it the best riding , and fastest in the 24' and under class....
What was that you say?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Gimbal ring?
that part seems fine,... but after seeing the missing screws on the wheel, someone was trying to fix it,.. then quit... the wheel turns 90 degrees with out nothing moving... with only 195 hrs, that should not even be a concern...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
when I was picking up the boat the guy said wanna start it,,... ah no.... so what I think is they smoked the new impeller, or... who ever changed the last impeller didn't get all the pieces out of the line and they are now in the oil cooler,... any way...fuc me...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
something is way off on the prop , and it might be a combo of that whale tale and the rev 4 prop.... but there is way to much stern lift.... but the guy might have set it up for a 35 mph lake... The owner that I bought from said he only went around 30-35...

so looks like i'll be busy , but right now i'm gonna drink a beer and think how fucked this world is now... can't trust anyone to be truth full... I'll fix this boat,... and you watch,.. some thing 10x7 will fall in my lap....

hallett21

Reaction score
Damn. [emoji853]

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
started fine,.. headed away from the dock....I haven't had a cable steer boat in quite some time,... but... there's sum ting wong here... boat would not go straight.and it took almost full turns of the wheel to keep it close to where you wanted to go... getting on plane and going 4000 rpm, speedo says 50.... but that was fast as I would ever go.. boat got weird quick... I'm gonna stay on the steering part for now...we put the boat on the trailer...I checked the drive... maybe 1/2'' side to side.... sue turned the wheel 12-3 oclock and nothing turned at the drive... got under the hatch,.. same every thing tight.. got under the helm,... it's in the steering some where... , which is probley why 1/2 the screws are missing from the steering wheel.... but wait..., there's more...the other thing that happened,... it went right to 200 degrees while on plane so shut here down and idled in..

It’s missing 4 screws on the steering wheel.

Steve will begin the re-rigging process tomorrow at 0600 :)

I was 3 days off. Re-rigging process starts TOMORROW at 0600.

@2FORCEFULL It looks like they changed the helm Steve. That helm is too new for the boat. I was going to mention that when I said it was missing the 4 screws on the steering wheel. Figured they lost the screws during the helm change.

hallett21

Reaction score
Screw ups suck but you have the time and skill to get it sorted out [emoji1303]

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I didn't see the year on this bote
Check the brazil valve actuator. Older styles used a cheap tie rod end that would get sloppy if it wasn't greased
If they replaced the helm it could just need a new cable. They were never very good for a heavy boat

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
If it’s a tilt helm, they are junk. I’ve replaced a shit ton of them. The only tilt helm worth a shit is the Imco billet full hydraulic helm.

wzuber

Reaction score
Haha good night just messing with you Steve
I guess I don't under stand???? so you are saying other builders don't use screws???
thats a bad ass top, and yes i'm talking the one on the boat..... the problem for me would be in vegas it's a 50 mile trip to the lake... it would have to come down to go down the hi-way,... you have to have tools to put it down.... but for havasu.. 3 mile to the ramp and i have a 14' high door on the rv garage...
Interesting....so 60mph on the water is different than 60 mph on the highway?
I never realized that....
Thanks for educating me tho...lol