WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY--LAM, BOUGHT A BOAT TODAY...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
people post on here that I buy and sell stuff all the time... others read it and then they post the same...so pretty soon many believe it to be true,... so I ask... what is the stuff that I buy and sell all the time????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
when i asked the dad about going and running the boat, He said,.. I can't we have company, and i'm really busy,..he also said,... we can start it on the trailer, and also said at that time... this boat needs nothing and is like new... it was just serviced and went on about all that was just done. the son had said after we already made plan to head that way that he couldn't go to del taco till the next weekend,.. wife and i talked and thought it's best to go there and see the boat,...

so to me, with the guaranty that the boat is just serviced and is ready to go... I gave him the money.... and to me. finding out that it was not sea worthy in the first 5 min... was good enough reason to just return the boat ,... like I said... I didn't want to buy a boat that needed work...

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
thanks DAD, I'm taking my hicky like said and fixing the boat..

Anytime Beaver.👍

download (3).jpeg

Willow Rat

Reaction score
Sorry to here about this. Mine is sitting under a shade cover with a another cover on the boat collecting dust. It is at Willow Valley and can be test driven if you are a serious buyer.

One thing I did notice about the add on the other boat that just did not make sense was, notice the small doors on the side, mine is a July of 2006 delivery. Bob told me it was the 2nd boat out of the new mold with that configuration. The other boat has the larger doors with a 3 piece top. How the other boat is a 2007 when Bob switched molds would be a question I would ask.

Cheetah 2.jpg

LincolnCraft

Reaction score
Sorry to here about this. Mine is sitting under a shade cover with a another cover on the boat collecting dust. It is at Willow Valley and can be test driven if you are a serious buyer.

One thing I did notice about the add on the other boat that just did not make sense was, notice the small doors on the side, mine is a July of 2006 delivery. Bob told me it was the 2nd boat out of the new mold with that configuration. The other boat has the larger doors with a 3 piece top. How the other boat is a 2007 when Bob switched molds would be a question I would ask.

View attachment 1050050

that was my fault, I posted it as a 2007 and when my dad saw the Craigslist adds he called me and told me it’s a 06 not a 07. I changed all the other adds I had but forgot to come on here and change this one.

Attachments

• B3006E06-C505-4CC2-8701-C7699F1A5D70.png
    B3006E06-C505-4CC2-8701-C7699F1A5D70.png
    481.2 KB · Views: 109

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
On the flip side, I sold a Rhino a while back, had just done the clutch....they guys calls me 8 months later after riding season is over, says they took it out to Glamis 5 times, and the clutch burnt out, and wanted me to pay to have it replaced....lol...

I assume you had a receipt for the clutch and gave it with the rest of the paperwork on the vehicle. If you didn't, you may want to consider it in the future.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I feel your pain, Steve. You'll get it right and get to enjoy it. It will just take a little longer than anticipated. At least you didn't pay full asking price for it.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
lmfao.... this is a lesson your kids usually get.. but I'm 68 and have never done a deal that I wouldn't un wind... for sure the next day or close.. some people get to warm and fuzzy when your money is in their poctet and will lie ther ass off to make it happen,... for me,... this boat will never be for sale the way it sits,... though Me nore anyone else so far wants to fix it. it will never be for sale in the shape it's in.... the fix will probley be cheep,.. but take up a lot of time.... I have a lot of money,... but not much time left.... and for sure this late in the game I'm not gonna let greed make me be partners with the guy in the red pajama's.... live with the "my word is the most valuable thing I have " and you will live a rich life".... I have 3 sons and told them all the same, I gave you a name, it up to you to make it worth anything... if you are not worth your name you are worthless...
Steve, the "My word is the most valuable thing I have" went down the toilet with the generation after ours!!! The newer gens don't give a fuk about ANYTHING but themselves as this thread shows. I've said for years, Fuc these new bastards!!!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
any way, I'm just taking the boat in to get repaired and every thing checked out... I wanna put it on a scanner to see how many more lies there are,...
I'm not working on the boat,... and could never pass this boat on to anybody, so I have to do it...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
fuccccc.!!!!!!!!! so I found a shop in havasu, just need to bring it there from vegas... I go out and get my tools out of the boat and get ready to go.....

the ram for the engine hatch won't go down..... stuck in the up position....now what???? how do I collapse the ram??? I put the charger on the batterys to make sure there enough volts,.. gauge says almost 13 volt at the 3 battery bank in the all posistion..

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
fuccccc.!!!!!!!!! so I found a shop in havasu, just need to bring it there from vegas... I go out and get my tools out of the boat and get ready to go.....

the ram for the engine hatch won't go down..... stuck in the up position....now what???? how do I collapse the ram??? I put the charger on the batterys to make sure there enough volts,.. gauge says almost 13 volt at the 3 battery bank in the all posistion..
I found the switches can get dirty or grimy in the heat
Mine did same thing until I kept moving the switch back and forth
just a thought

HitIt

Reaction score
Well, you are lucky it is stuck up. Either directly wire to it to see if it is a wiring/switch problem or remove it. Make sure that whatever you do to get it down is reversible so it doesn't get stuck down. Then you are sooooper fucd.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I found the switches can get dirty or grimy in the heat
Mine did same thing until I kept moving the switch back and forth
just a thought
thanks I tryed that... it was sticking shut, But i thought it was from the rear seat too tight to the hatch... guess I'm lucky I got it open...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Well, you are lucky it is stuck up. Either directly wire to it to see if it is a wiring/switch problem or remove it. Make sure that whatever you do to get it down is reversible so it doesn't get stuck down. Then you are sooooper fucd.
I was just gonna try to get it down so I could close the hatch,,.. I wanted to just take the top bolt out and get a new one I guess..

RCDave

Reaction score
Sounds like the seller . errrr. scammer left one key word out, when discussing the boat with you...

The boat is perfectly...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

BROKEN.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
The boat is perfectly...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

BROKEN.
[/QUOTE]
I obviously don't have a dog in this fight. It says a lot when the seller wont take back his needs nothing, none cleaner, perfect boat. If it's so great you should not mind owning it another week or so.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Good grief.
More issues that absolutely should be known to the seller.
I have to say it's looking more and more that the seller is either dumber than a box of rocks (in relation to boats) or is just a bald faced liar.

I am a firm believer in the good qualities of human nature and expect to be treated as I treat others. For the most part it is the case but there are exceptions.
You may be experiencing one of those now. 👎

Ladsm

Reaction score
I was looking at that boat and thinking this is the one. Sorry you got to it first.

LincolnCraft

Reaction score
This is what I do not understand

Here per Steve’s words on a post at the start of this thread……

“Every now and then,... you come across something that is what the owner says,... I don't like the term excellent , perfect and such.... but this is a boat that has been kept "AS NEW".... I walked around it before I hauled it home and could find nothing that needed replaced or repaired...”

Now that little things come up, we are scammers???

how many times did you open and close the hatch before it had a problem??? Did you open and close it to inspect the motor at my dads house??? I would assume so, and I would assume it opened and closed fine or you would have had a problem with it then. But now that it had a issue we are scammers???

every time this 15 year old boat has a hiccup are we scammers? Please don’t tell me that everyone on here buys used boats that nothing ever happens to them. They never need something here and there and never need a tinkering now and then?? Every time this boat needs anything and we don’t take it back or pay to fix it were scammers??

I honestly never noticed the motor mount, and I would assume Steve didn’t either, but he also looked in the motor compartment I would assume and saw no issue to not moved forward. So it’s not like it was a hidden secret if we knew about it. You all honestly think we are so fucked up that we wouldn’t tighten a damn nut we saw loose if we had seen it???

The steering issue missing the bolts, we never noticed it was missing the damn bolts, never even thought to look till it was brought up on here. We didn’t hide it, we didn’t put a damn lock box over the steering wheel so he couldn’t see it. But because we didn’t notice and Steve didn’t till now then we are scammers????

because the boat doesn’t handle like it would with hydraulic steering we are scammers???

I have noticed on Steve’s videos on you tube and from when we talked, he likes to back a boat in the water, make sure it runs good before taking it off the trailer and get stranded out in the lake somewhere. Yes very smart and very wise because I myself have rushed it and yanked a boat off the trailer quick and had issues. But this one ran fine enough for him to be ok with taking it off the trailer and run it, then it comes up with an issue so we are scammers???

Steve himself saying it’s probably a stupid cheap fix and me telling him if I can afford it I will pay for it, that makes me a scammer???

I answered his calls, I listened to his issues, I don’t ignore him, if I was just some fucking asshole scammer just on here trying to help sell junk and fuck people I wouldn’t have even answered his damn calls, I wouldn’t have called him back and talked to him, I wouldn’t be on here trying to show my view. I wouldn’t give a flying fuck! But that’s not who I am.

thetub

Reaction score
The older I get the more I just assume everyone has a motive and I have found 90% of the time it is money not respect. Now, When it comes to buying anything I just assume the seller is lying.
The older I get the more I just assume everyone has a motive and I have found 90% of the time it is money not respect. Now, When it comes to buying anything I just assume the seller is lying.
As Ronald Reagan said about the Russians back in the day "trust but verify"

Not that anyone's lying or whatever always verify

Somebodies perfect is another's junk

guest hs

Reaction score
Good thing Steve didn’t buy the boat my son bought. I checked it out the best I could with what was available to me at time didn’t lake test it, but I understand buyer beware. This boat had a bent prop shaft, ran hot oil leak trans leak the engine caught on fire and exploded a piston. I didn’t even think twice about calling the guy he bought it from. It was my responsibility ability to check it out and pay what I thought it was worth. I don’t think I have ever bought a used boat that didn’t need a few things done to it. Hell it’s a boat they all need stuff done to them all time. If you don’t want problems buy a new boat and pay the new boat price.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I bought my last 3boats without driving them and they were over $50k. I bought my 2nd boat new from the boat show and never test drove it. It is kind of like a New RV you drive it 6 miles and put down $100k plus.
Same here. Didn't test drive my Eliminator. Bought a motorhome for 75K and drive it about 3 miles

78Southwind

Reaction score
Good thing Steve didn’t buy the boat my son bought. I checked it out the best I could with what was available to me at time didn’t lake test it, but I understand buyer beware. This boat had a bent prop shaft, ran hot oil leak trans leak the engine caught on fire and exploded a piston. I didn’t even think twice about calling the guy he bought it from. It was my responsibility ability to check it out and pay what I thought it was worth. I don’t think I have ever bought a used boat that didn’t need a few things done to it. Hell it’s a boat they all need stuff done to them all time. If you don’t want problems buy a new boat and pay the new boat price.

Is this my neighbors Liberty 20' Sports Cruiser V-drive that I helped him post up some pictures and videos? If so what a bummer. I thought the boat was a cool V-drive. I know about a year or so ago it didn't sound so good but he said they fixed the problems (can't remember what he said the problem was). I know he wanted a grip for it. When I talked to George Shilala (AZ GEO) he knew the boat and the original owner. If I remember right George said the original owner was a drag racer and rigged the boat himself. He said it was probably worth about $18,000 at the time.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well @2FORCEFULL , sorry for both the shit you got on this thread just for the type of boat, and sorry about the shit the boat is giving you.
I love the boat, that's the type I'll move up to at some point. Guys bag on the hardware not being stainless. Odd how the guys with inconnel and titanium don't bag on them.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I was looking at that boat and thinking this is the one. Sorry you got to it first.
That would have been great. You stuck with a boat with issues and me stuck with a truck with issues.

HCP3

Reaction score
As Ronald Reagan said about the Russians back in the day "trust but verify"

Not that anyone's lying or whatever always verify

Somebodies perfect is another's junk

Well said.

guest hs

Reaction score
Is this my neighbors Liberty 20' Sports Cruiser V-drive that I helped him post up some pictures and videos? If so what a bummer. I thought the boat was a cool V-drive. I know about a year or so ago it didn't sound so good but he said they fixed the problems (can't remember what he said the problem was). I know he wanted a grip for it. When I talked to George Shilala (AZ GEO) he knew the boat and the original owner. If I remember right George said the original owner was a drag racer and rigged the boat himself. He said it was probably worth about $18,000 at the time.

Yup that’s the boat