WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY--LAM, BOUGHT A BOAT TODAY...

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What’s wrong the the truck now? Doesn’t fit in the garage now issues?!

Let’s just say it’s a good thing it didn’t sell here. Or there would be a thread about how Bldrinker is a crooked mother fucker.

Guy I bought it from said dealer maintained and he lived down the street from the dealer.

Well turns out he is full of shit. Should I make a thread of how I got fucked?

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Shiiiiiitttt you guys were all worked up because I didn’t want it because of the garage issue.

If I tried to blame someone for being full
Of shit you would hang me.

I will be a big kid and just fix everything. Is what it is.
What kind of problems are you having?

78Southwind

Reaction score
Well one thing I have learned through the years of being on Hotboat and Riverdavesplace is to never use the words Turnkey, Guaranty and now Almost Perfect Condition when selling a used boat. 🤣

78Southwind

Reaction score
Yup that’s the boat

If I remember right the engine was a 540. What are you guys going to do. rebuild or throw something else in it? You should put up a thread of the rebuild. The boat is a cool boat and I am sure there would be some of us that would enjoy seeing more of it.

guest hs

Reaction score
It was a Merlin 540 it’s going to be a Merlin 548 in about two weeks

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What kind of problems are you having?
E03F99F9-663D-42D6-9D50-930A3499D49C.jpeg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
This is what I do not understand

Here per Steve’s words on a post at the start of this thread……

“Every now and then,... you come across something that is what the owner says,... I don't like the term excellent , perfect and such.... but this is a boat that has been kept "AS NEW".... I walked around it before I hauled it home and could find nothing that needed replaced or repaired...”

Now that little things come up, we are scammers???

how many times did you open and close the hatch before it had a problem??? Did you open and close it to inspect the motor at my dads house??? I would assume so, and I would assume it opened and closed fine or you would have had a problem with it then. But now that it had a issue we are scammers???

every time this 15 year old boat has a hiccup are we scammers? Please don’t tell me that everyone on here buys used boats that nothing ever happens to them. They never need something here and there and never need a tinkering now and then?? Every time this boat needs anything and we don’t take it back or pay to fix it were scammers??

I honestly never noticed the motor mount, and I would assume Steve didn’t either, but he also looked in the motor compartment I would assume and saw no issue to not moved forward. So it’s not like it was a hidden secret if we knew about it. You all honestly think we are so fucked up that we wouldn’t tighten a damn nut we saw loose if we had seen it???

The steering issue missing the bolts, we never noticed it was missing the damn bolts, never even thought to look till it was brought up on here. We didn’t hide it, we didn’t put a damn lock box over the steering wheel so he couldn’t see it. But because we didn’t notice and Steve didn’t till now then we are scammers????

because the boat doesn’t handle like it would with hydraulic steering we are scammers???

I have noticed on Steve’s videos on you tube and from when we talked, he likes to back a boat in the water, make sure it runs good before taking it off the trailer and get stranded out in the lake somewhere. Yes very smart and very wise because I myself have rushed it and yanked a boat off the trailer quick and had issues. But this one ran fine enough for him to be ok with taking it off the trailer and run it, then it comes up with an issue so we are scammers???

Steve himself saying it’s probably a stupid cheap fix and me telling him if I can afford it I will pay for it, that makes me a scammer???

I answered his calls, I listened to his issues, I don’t ignore him, if I was just some fucking asshole scammer just on here trying to help sell junk and fuck people I wouldn’t have even answered his damn calls, I wouldn’t have called him back and talked to him, I wouldn’t be on here trying to show my view. I wouldn’t give a flying fuck! But that’s not who I am.
you' re a lyin mf' and so is your piece of shit dad.. your dad has never even drove the boat,.. he bought it to flip...just like the other 100 boats you guys flip[...
you dad says this, I have company right now and it'll be a couple weeks or more before we can go to the lake...but I guaranty you this boat needs nothing it was just seviced, and everything , all the fluids, and drive serviced along with the gimbal, it has a new water pump and battery's.. I said did you put it on a scanner??? are the hrs correct,... oh yeah... I said... who did the service??? ahhh you'll have to ask my son,.. he had it done for me...

alll fuc'n lies...

so you sold your soul to the devil,.. and you both are pros at passing junk...

I gave the money,... where's the boat..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so I got this boat fix'd... and had a 3rd party do it just to show what LYING POS's these guys are...

first off...

the steering...

I put a new box /helm... but that wasn't the problem.... but it might be the reason for low hours,... and I think it's was like this from day one... kinda like the ugly duck boat... the guy used it on a 35 mph lake and it probley scared the shit out of him when he tried go fast... the brazil valave was clocked wrong..

so,.. the steering is now like new....

next,... the heat exchanger was plugged....

put a new hatch ram... the other was toast..

next, put the motor on the scanner.... the motor has 273 hrs , not the 195 advertised... the boats a 2006 not a 2007... butt the game they play when you catch them lying...they blame the other whos not there...

hope you fuckers go out to dinner and choke on chicken bones...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Are these the same folks that sold @DILLIGAF son a boat that wasn’t as advertised, or even close?

they are the same peeps I guess also but they havent answered my PM asking them directly.

EDIT….I just sent the message I thought I had sent earlier so they never had a chance to reply yet. Sorry about that.

my son isnt having any issues other than the steering which is common in that boat I guess. He said he has learned how to drive it and is careful. He is ok with it

Last edited:

SamMaxco

Reaction score
anyway,... I took it off this boat and ordering a new lowered bimini tomorrow from Michelle ....
gonna do one 16'' lower..

Bimini Tops Gallery | customcoverslhc
Can’t u just cut down the one it has? I did that before in a jet boat. Worked perfect. Either way.
I admire you bud, you have style. Who gives a F&)k, it’s not worth the headaches to go round and round, it changes nothing. You know you should have NEVER EVER left without a test drive in the lake. 100 percent u know u can’t assume anyone isn’t lying when they are selling used boats they know little about in this market. No one is that trustworthy. it’s yours and you’re living right, you’re pissed cause you knew better and they lied. They know what they did as well and you let them get you. Let it go and move on, it’s not worth it. You’ll come out fine. Khama misses no one and these things always come back to the shit dealers. So fix it and Enjoy it all!

Do you still have your 210 hard deck?

Last edited:

Your ad here

Reaction score
Are you getting satisfaction out of this? You bought a used boat. Like mentioned earlier a lot of drama for what, $1800 worth of work? You already got it for $10K below asking price. I'm not taking sides but everyone has different expectations of what the words perfect, good, fair, and poor condition mean. As a buyer you should really inspect anything you're purchasing used or hire a 3rd party. You should know by now with all the buying and selling you do that half the people out there don't know full in depth what they have or just don't really have an interest in knowing what they have for sale and only want it gone for exchange of funds.

The phrase "If you didn't vote, you can't complain" comes to mind here but will alter it a bit. "If you didn't lake test, you can't complain". You should've have done a lake test. I get the seller was busy that weekend but you could've written up a purchase contract with terms about a lake test and time frame and left a deposit. It is a bit more work that would add more time to getting ownership of the boat but it would've given you a better idea of the condition of the boat.

I fall into the category of "If you didn't lake test, you can't complain" with the jet boat I had. Boat ran fine on the trailer. It didn't run well in the water after I purchased it and figured it needed carb work or something with the ignition. Took it easy that weekend and the crank snapped. If I did a lake test I would've passed on that fact it wasn't running well in the water but I didn't and ended up buying a new engine and moving forward with life. It didn't bother me very much as that boat was very fun and made for some great moments and memories.

Last edited:

Dalton

Reaction score
Are you getting satisfaction out of this? You bought a used boat. Like mentioned earlier a lot of drama for what, $1800 worth of work? You already got it for $10K below asking price. I'm not taking sides but everyone has different expectations of what the words perfect, good, fair, and poor condition mean. As a buyer you should really inspect anything you're purchasing used or hire a 3rd party. You should know by now with all the buying and selling you do that half the people out there don't know full in depth what they have or just don't really have an interest in knowing what they have for sale and only want it gone for exchange of funds.

The phrase "If you didn't vote, you can't complain" comes to mind here but will alter it a bit. "If you didn't lake test, you can't complain". You should've have done a lake test. I get the seller was busy that weekend but you could've written up a purchase contract with terms about a lake test and time frame and left a deposit. It is a bit more work that would add more time to getting ownership of the boat but it would've given you a better idea of the condition of the boat.

I fall into the category of "If you didn't lake test, you can't complain" with the jet boat I had. Boat ran fine on the trailer. It didn't run well in the water after I purchased it and figured it needed carb work or something with the ignition. Took it easy that weekend and the crank snapped. If I did a lake test I would've passed on that fact it wasn't running well in the water but I didn't and ended up buying a new engine and moving forward with life. It didn't bother me very much as that boat was very fun and made for some great moments and memories.

Anything I'm selling I check thoroughly. What if it wasn't 2FF that bought it but a family that had to scrape together money or take a loan out to buy it?

I think they kinda turned a blind eye to the problems, or are extremely inept in how a boat should feel.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Anything I'm selling I check thoroughly. What if it wasn't 2FF that bought it but a family that had to scrape together money or take a loan out to buy it?

I think they kinda turned a blind eye to the problems, or are extremely inept in how a boat should feel.
The buyers financial status doesn't change the fact that when purchasing any used item it should always be thoroughly inspected by the buyer or 3rd party.
If a buyer is scraping money together to purchase a boat it's not a smart financial move. If that is the case, I doubt they'll have money to pay for insurance, storage, and just the cost of taking the boat out on the water.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The buyers financial status doesn't change the fact that when purchasing any used item it should always be thoroughly inspected by the buyer or 3rd party.
If a buyer is scraping money together to purchase a boat it's not a smart financial move. If that is the case, I doubt they'll have money to pay for insurance, storage, and just the cost of taking the boat out on the water.
I wouldn't necessarily equate lacking 50-60k, cash on hand, to being too destitute to own, operate or maintain a boat. "Scraping", is a relative term.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
OK Steve now do yourself some justice and USE THE BOAT. Have a good time or 20 and forgive all the bullshit....however never forget.

Smarter for the next time because the un-trustworthy are growing in numbers. Just a game to those guys.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
OK Steve now do yourself some justice and USE THE BOAT. Have a good time or 20 and forgive all the bullshit....however never forget.

Smarter for the next time because the un-trustworthy are growing in numbers. Just a game to those guys.
BUT, burn their asses every chance you get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaPaG

Reaction score
I can't stand crooked people, by the outcome of this incident they basically sound like an unethical used car dealer. If something is wrong with an item that is coming up for sale an ethical seller would either either fix the issues or tell the potential buyer it has some issues and it is up to them to fix it either already priced into the selling price or willing to drop the price to make the adjustment before the buyer buys it.
My rule is: Trust But Verify, that said I have bought boats, cars, other toys without test drives because I had trusted the former owner or selling party...thankfully only got slightly burned one time on a deal in the past and learned my lesson..........TRUST BUT VERIFY all the time now when buying anything..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Can’t u just cut down the one it has? I did that before in a jet boat. Worked perfect. Either way.
I admire you bud, you have style. Who gives a F&)k, it’s not worth the headaches to go round and round, it changes nothing. You know you should have NEVER EVER left without a test drive in the lake. 100 percent u know u can’t assume anyone isn’t lying when they are selling used boats they know little about in this market. No one is that trustworthy. it’s yours and you’re living right, you’re pissed cause you knew better and they lied. They know what they did as well and you let them get you. Let it go and move on, it’s not worth it. You’ll come out fine. Khama misses no one and these things always come back to the shit dealers. So fix it and Enjoy it all!

my son hyas the 210 hallett..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

The Bimini is about 5 k to replace... it's 24' long all stainless.... I want more of a roadster top that's easy to put up and down... if I cut the back half down,,.. it would ruin the fact that there's a full walk around bimini

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
sorry for this late post,... rdp was down and I went out of town,.. as far as who's to blame.... I blame my self... and also feel for the kid that got caught in the middle..never ever buy a boat with out a lake test...

Willow Rat

Reaction score
The Bimini is about 5 k to replace... it's 24' long all stainless.... I want more of a roadster top that's easy to put up and down... if I cut the back half down,,.. it would ruin the fact that there's a full walk around bimini
I look forward to seeing what the boat looks like with the shorter Bimini. Please post pictures.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I've been down at havasu working on the mobile, still haven't ran the fast cat yet, and no bimini yet...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

JFYI.... the price I paid for the boat.... nobody knows,...but the price was agreed before I went there... as in,... I didn't get there and want it for cheeper...
he got every penny that I was to bring.. never was the boat description changed... like new needs nothing but fuel,... I guaranty you this is the best running and nicest one out there... the warranty was a right turn, as soon as you make a right turn out of the drive way it's over....lol

but like said,... if anyone is to blame , it's me,... I should have drove the boat.... and I hope others see what could go wrong not doing so...

gqchris

Reaction score
Steve, I have never bought a boat that was "turnkey" and perfect in my eyes. The closest was recently from an RDP member here, my 240 Hallett. I did not lake test it, was pristine and had an established members backing here. But guess what, still needed work. LOL...from needing a full annual service, replace Tachometer, and a faulty Water PSI sensor on the motor that left me on limp mode on a hot day this summer. I sucked it up. 2k later, and it is what it is. A lake test would have shown all those issues also.

On that same note, you followed my post a while back where the guy 4 months later wanted his money back after buying one of my boats, that was truly TURNKEY in all aspects. I didn't even respond to that guy. 4 months later? WTF. This was a Craigslist guy, not an inmate. If was an inmate, I would have at least heard him out probably.

My latest buy, a Larson Deck Boat for Harbor Cruising. Looked great in the ad, get there, looks like its been sunk on the trailer with the plug in and rain. Guy says its immaculate. I make the deal knowing its far from that and figure the worse, and now I'm throwing money left and right at it. Keeps me busy and I think I'm a glutton for punishment! LOL

I have come to the conclusion that there are very few people like us that like our shit PERFECT.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
the thing about the boat, I don't have time, nor did I want a boat project... If i did I would have bought the 22 schiada on here for sale,... it probley needs less work... the money part means about nothing to me.. hell I tipped out over 100k this year in gaming ( and I quit gambling as it was eating up my whole life, ).... and another thing,... Andrew, the son of the seller offered to pay for the repairs... and i declined... I feel sorry for him as he got caught in the middle... I didn't want a discount,.. the price was fair for a needs nothing boat,.... and the repairs so far didn't add up to much......just hoping thats all it needs.... and thanks again to Cheetah boats for fixing it,... while there Greg looked it over and checked every thing... even did a motor alignment while the drive was off..

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Steve, I have never bought a boat that was "turnkey" and perfect in my eyes. The closest was recently from an RDP member here, my 240 Hallett. I did not lake test it, was pristine and had an established members backing here. But guess what, still needed work. LOL...from needing a full annual service, replace Tachometer, and a faulty Water PSI sensor on the motor that left me on limp mode on a hot day this summer. I sucked it up. 2k later, and it is what it is. A lake test would have shown all those issues also.

On that same note, you followed my post a while back where the guy 4 months later wanted his money back after buying one of my boats, that was truly TURNKEY in all aspects. I didn't even respond to that guy. 4 months later? WTF. This was a Craigslist guy, not an inmate. If was an inmate, I would have at least heard him out probably.

My latest buy, a Larson Deck Boat for Harbor Cruising. Looked great in the ad, get there, looks like its been sunk on the trailer with the plug in and rain. Guy says its immaculate. I make the deal knowing its far from that and figure the worse, and now I'm throwing money left and right at it. Keeps me busy and I think I'm a glutton for punishment! LOL

I have come to the conclusion that there are very few people like us that like our shit PERFECT.
My 210 was perfect. Guy has told me over and over how perfect. Wish I didn't sell it.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
anyway, the horse is beat to death, so lets move on,... the seller(Dad) has never made any attempt to right this situation... so you can imagine how i feel about him.....

but, what the hell is going on here???? why is the whale tail not on the cav plate???? not saying it's wrong, but it's not where it is supposed to be????

I havn't drove the boat since it was fixed yet, and I don't want to change anything till then, most likely I will bring the tool to remove it at the lake if there is any weird stuff going on.... I really think this boat was only used on a 35 mph lake...

1632406485992.png

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
also I have a few props to try, the 5 blade is a 23p...that would be a nice sport prop, these boats come with a bravo 24p, the round ear mach could be the one it's a 26p, these are great heavy boat props,... good hole shot, and bite good in the turns.... the 14-1/4 dia. lets them spin good on top end,... and the other is a signature 26p pretty much a bravo copy... the boat has a revolution 25p... the 23 five blade will really pick up on mid range cruise...

1632407997726.jpeg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
well, took the boat out to mead... ran flawless,.. steered as it should,... but...over fifty you could feel the stern lift with the whale tail,,, @ 4000 rpm, it did 50 mph,.. went to the beach and took it off, same prop,... it did 54 mph @ 4000 rpms,... so picked up 4 mph... I still say who ever owned this boat, never drove it faster than 40 mph...

next, the prop... still too much stern lift so next time out I'll take props to try.... oh, and it was bitchin at mead this afternoon...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's what merc says,...

From planing performance to top-end speed, the Revolution 4 XP offers the best all-around performance for multiengine stepped-bottom outboard hulls. The Revolution 4 XP creates quicker planing because the long barrel design acts like a miniature trim tab. Thanks to an ample amount of tip cup, it also provides excellent handling through turns and rough seas.
  • Improve fuel economy and top-end speed with the Revolution 4 XP blend of tip cup for bow lift and extended straight barrel for maximum stern lift.
  • Unmatched planing performance and mid-range handling for multi-engine center consoles
  • Offers more stern lift than the Bravo I FS to improve the angle of attack in certain applications
  • In most applications, the Revolution 4 XP provides greater top-end speed than the Eco XP.

• "Offers more stern lift than the Bravo I FS to improve the angle of attack in certain applications"