WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY-LAM... BOUGHT A NEW VAN!!!!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I went with a ford this time,..The reason,...ford is the only one with a mid roof with factory rear heat and a/c... I got the 350 transit with the ecoboost 3.5 /10 speed...the choice came down to mercedes and ford...drove both, ford has more power, and had the options ...ford still needs a 9' garage door,as it's about 8'4" tall, where as mercedes won't fit a 9' and won't go through most drive thru's...
I bought the 15 passenger, first thing I did was the wheels and tires....went with 245-75-16's, also limo tinted the windows

DSC05115.JPG

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I want to be able to return the van back to stock easy, so all the seats were removed, then I installed a full size bed that is easy removed...and ordered a seat from recpro....it comes out east and I have the option to put just the 3 passenger second row seat with seat belts to haul more people if needed

DSC05116.JPG
DSC05117.JPG

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
real happy with the power train, the 10speed seems to be a real plus, it's quiet with tons of low end power... I hooked it to the pontoon and went up a 6% grade @ 65 mph with ease.. I don't get the claimed by others, 20mpg,...more like 15 mpg on my last trip to havasu..as far as power, chevy 6.0 kicks ass on all the vans out there, but they only build a low roof..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
when compairing the ford to the mercedes...the mercedes is longer and taller... both 15 passenger, mercedes has bigger seats, the fords, look more to fit children... the mercedes has about a 20k more price tag, but thats where it stops....ford is quieter, more nimble, and cheeper to maintain... and no def...

CobraDave

Reaction score
I like it. Does the bed and seat still use the factory seat attachment points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
that looks like a comfortable ride. but the real question is, do they offer sumo's for that model ?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I think I got a good deal, but promissed to to tell how much I wrote the check for... but it came down to me walking, then them caving... :D
I went on the ford site and "built the van I wanted... then did the search and found one in henderson , my wants where the bigger fuel tank,the blacked out bumpers and headlamps, trailer tow package and brake control, extra suspension ,9250#gvwr ,traction control, and the eco boost 10 speed

DSC05121.JPG

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I like it. Does the bed and seat still use the factory seat attachment points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I added mount clips that easy remove leaving a small screw hole...the floor i got is a hard plastic sound deadening so easy cleaning, the ceiling height is 5'8'', so I duck a little, but my wife walks around in there without, that was the reason to get the van is she is the one that walks around in there most...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I'm kinda upset with recpro, they show the fabric as a charcoal,.. but they do offer to send a fabric sample so it's my fault for getting in a hurry....if it bugs me too much I'll get it recovered...

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I love how all your vehicles have beds. My wife would never get in. LOL Sue must be a trooper! You're killin it, bud! 👍

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Steve, you always have the most clever for sale threads! I read every one you post 👍

575cat

Reaction score
Benz has a very small brake system , small diameter solid rotors , silly . Funny thing about wheels I have had 2 customer,s 1 ford pu 1 chev pu get kicked out the door for warranty work major engine issue,s because of aftermarket wheel,s & tire,s .

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I love how all your vehicles have beds. My wife would never get in. LOL Sue must be a trooper! You're killin it, bud! 👍
it's kinda dual purpose , my wife works, gets up at 3am, and off work at 5 pm,(she works 4 -10's) this gives her a place for a nap on the way to havasu,.. as some know I build in havasu,some times I leave vegas at 3am, and go to havasu, sleeping in a truck seat sucks, that and if I have to stay the night in havasu, I'll just sleep in the van and head back home to vegas at 3am.. I bought the sprinter for my wife to have a bathroom on road trips, but, the truth is this, It's not any differrant than just taking our bigger RV, so I sold it..as far as the van,... I loved the chevy, but wife wanted a ford with the higher roof, She bought it, title is in her name ...

also., I think to be considered a camper van it needs to have a bed... but just a guess..

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Nice ride. What's the tow rating?
I think it's 6800# with the 373 gears, mine has the 9250 gvw chassis,, I think the GCVW is ariund 13,200#... on mine I removed at the seats(heavy mo-fo's) and don't have to worry about the 150# x 15 as i will never haul 15 people, so only concern would be to be under the GCWR....I haven't weighed it yet, but tows my boat (tritoon) fine.. i gotta think that the seat weight is pretty heavy as it takes two to get them out..

also, the toon weighs 5440 on the axels...

Last edited: