WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY-LAM , GOT A MODEL A*****

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
ya, those are both 1-3-4-2 cranks. i mean i suppose its possible to do a 3-2 swap but that means added stress on the crank. ive never seen an engine that ran that firing order
with out the cam profile how would you know that???? try'n to learn something new here

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
with out the cam profile how would you know that???? try'n to learn something new here

its purely cam profile that decides. which is how you can do the 7-2 swap on chebby v8s. I learned something too. Ive never seen a 1-2-4-3 firing order before and believed there never to be a reason for one to ever exist but Monkey learned me on that one

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
its purely cam profile that decides. which is how you can do the 7-2 swap on chebby v8s. I learned something too. Ive never seen a 1-2-4-3 firing order before and believed there never to be a reason for one to ever exist but Monkey learned me on that one
Thanks forall your replies... I've learned a lot here.....went from knowing nothing to knowing it all.....lmao... still learning.... this is becoming a very cool project for me....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It's funny you mention 2 2 cylinder motors. I wonder if that played into the design? The T motor and the A motor are the same in architecture, and the T was in production by 1908. The majority of the early stuff, horse less carriage weirdness, had single and 2 cylinders.

An old customer of mine ran Bonneville. I think he had the record for "sidecar" and twin-engine Harley. When showing me pics of the twin bike, I asked him about crank and ignition timing. I asked if they were 180 from each other, thinking that would work to cancel out vibration. He said at 180 out the vibration was unbearable, but at 90 it was smoother than a single engine.

Makes me wonder how many cranks and cams old Henry made before production.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
It's funny you mention 2 2 cylinder motors. I wonder if that played into the design? The T motor and the A motor are the same in architecture, and the T was in production by 1908. The majority of the early stuff, horse less carriage weirdness, had single and 2 cylinders.

An old customer of mine ran Bonneville. I think he had the record for "sidecar" and twin-engine Harley. When showing me pics of the twin bike, I asked him about crank and ignition timing. I asked if they were 180 from each other, thinking that would work to cancel out vibration. He said at 180 out the vibration was unbearable, but at 90 it was smoother than a single engine.

Makes me wonder how many cranks and cams old Henry made before production.
I used to run an A/F digger when the freight train was running.... I always wondered how they mated the two and if number one fired on both engines at the same time...

R.cd284cbc09b240a4d332aa2afea3fd16

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
the problem is, getting the height right..... 1/4 off and it look's horrible....

you have to set it and stand back about 50' and look.... too high or low and start over.... mine the grille is dead on, but where they humped up the center mount for a flat hood center mount 32 style hood has it off about 1/8.... so still have to deal with that.... hoods on and fits pretty well...

1684089697821.jpeg

1684089748626.jpeg

1684089786983.jpeg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
got the lake pipes and all the stuff to build the header, so maybe next week or two on the exhaust

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Fitting a grille shell is a headache. Front to back, parallel to the cowl. Side to side, so the gap is the same for the headlights. And then up and down, not just to avoid the hump, but also how the curved areas of the hood gap both the cowl and the shell. The lacing is another pain in the ass. Stuff comes round, but eventually flattens out a bit. I cheat, and smash it in a vice to flatten it a bit.

Car's looking real good though!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Fitting a grille shell is a headache. Front to back, parallel to the cowl. Side to side, so the gap is the same for the headlights. And then up and down, not just to avoid the hump, but also how the curved areas of the hood gap both the cowl and the shell. The lacing is another pain in the ass. Stuff comes round, but eventually flattens out a bit. I cheat, and smash it in a vice to flatten it a bit.

Car's looking real good though!
P.I.A. for sure, another problem was the radiator is the thicker super cool one , I had to move it back , now the fan is about 3/4'' from the radiator but it did fit,... and the gaps are about 1/4'' on the hood... I'll have some metal work to do in the grille shell where the hood center hindge goes as it humps up instead of down like the 31...

can't wait for the side lake pipe duals to happen with the 2 to 1 header...