WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY LAM- I bought me a boat!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Amazing score Hamboner !!!

hope you guys have many years of enjoyment with it.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
What a great story and truly an awesome boat and score for you and your family; congratulations! I wish you all many happy hours and times on the water.

And I nominate this story for the RDP boating post of the year

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Always cool to see a dream realized.👍
Sweet boat, Hammer. And blue engines!
Just don’t go trying to de-tune them😎

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Congratulation, always happy to see someone get a new float especially something they really wanted.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
It's a great feeling when a plan comes together and things work according to plan, Great boat

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Congrats Mikey. She’s a beauty, and just in time for HIH in 2 weeks.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Looks too fkn tight in that storage unit! Probably need to give that back to me!!!!

Riverryder

Reaction score
wow!! im a eliminator fan boy like you are a hallett fan boy. but this boat looks perfect to me. and the story makes it so much better!!

atleast you didnt post a LAM and end up not buying it!!

congrats to you and your family!! hope we can share a water one day and you let me peek into this boat!!

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Awesome score. We need more details. 525/ XR/ ITS? Would love to see some prop details, more pictures, and info as you get out some more.

Edit: kind of in the same boat, so to speak. Considering a Toyhauler, or a bigger boat, 27+ with a decent size single or twins.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Well done. Patience pays off again.

beautiful boat. Lots of cool memories about to be made.

Hammer

Reaction score
Awesome score. We need more details. 525/ XR/ ITS? Would love to see some prop details, more pictures, and info as you get out some more.

Edit: kind of in the same boat, so to speak. Considering a Toyhauler, or a bigger boat, 27+ with a decent size single or twins.

I will have to get more pics once I get it out on the water.

Twin 525’s
XR Drives
External Steering
28P Bravo Props(was surprised at such a big prop size)

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Congrats Hammer and family , so happy for you guys . That is one sweet ride

hman442

Reaction score
I have wanted a Hallett 300 for years. You know that feeling you get when you land that smoking hot chick that you thought was out of your league but your persistence pays off? During all the searching I kept circling back to the most beautiful, stunning 300 that I screened shotted a picture of like 5 years ago. I had that tingling feeling.

I was reading during first sip of morning coffee, and read "I've wanted a Hallett for 300 years", which I could relate to.
What a great story, pulitzer prize material ! And I see why that boat stuck in your head after only seeing a photo of it a year ago, the lines, the stripes, then the power....yep, great decision, and I'll bet your friend would be proud.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
Congrats to your family.
Very clean sled you picked up.
Enjoy the memories you create with the family while using it.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Congratulations on a beautiful boat. Lost a close friend years ago and it changed my perspective on how I enjoy life as well.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Congratulations!!! Look forward to seeing it at HinH!!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
What’s top speed supposed to be?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have wanted a Hallett 300 for years. The last year and a half the wife and I have been weighing our options and what made the most sense for our family. We off-road in the winter and just recently sold our motorhome which we have had nothing but problems with. The thought of buying another one didn’t sit well with me and I honestly just needed a break. I figured, we could just rent one to go camping, we really only go 3 or 4 times a year anyways.

The other option was a house in Havasu. But then we’d be married to the current boat which I wanted to upgrade eventually, sooner than later. Bottom line was I wasn’t going to pay 600+k for a place there. We would need at least a 3/2 with RV garage and a pool. We just spent the last 4 years remodeling our house(pool,addition etc..) and I don’t care to get into a fixer upper or build a house right now. Managing it would be a nightmare, everyone is booked solid. My kids will be out of day care in a year or two which will free up a ton of cash. MAYBE prices will settle and we can decide if we want to invest all of our free time in Havasu.

The 3rd option was to buy a new to us boat even though the market was high. I was confident I can find the right deal or hold out for exactly what would fit our needs. We looked at pontoons and even a performance cat, but my kids still love to tube and do water sports, my son learned to water ski this summer. So a Daytona or similar was out. I couldn’t do the pontoon, they are cool but I’d have to get one with twins and spend more than I was willing to on something I wouldn’t love.

Now it’s not a secret that I am a Hallett fanboy. Even my wife says it would be sacrilegious to own another brand. Fair enough. I love Halletts and know them pretty well. The 270 wasn’t a big enough upgrade in size and a 340 was just too big for me. They are massive. Which takes us to new 290, 275 or a 300 which Hallett doesn’t make anymore. I kicked around going to a new 336 as well but i can’t afford to build it with the power I’d want. It’s also a BIG ASS boat!

Which brings us full circle to my dream boat, a Hallett 300! They are insanely hard to find and sell within days if not hours for full asking. You had to be ready immediately. So we started our hunt. We looked at 4 this summer, none of them gave me goose bumps of excitement. You know that feeling you get when you land that smoking hot chick that you thought was out of your league but your persistence pays off? Some get that feeling when they meet their wife. It’s a great feeling and I wasn’t feeling it.

The wife and I were on our way back from a test drive of a 300 that checked ALMOST all the boxes. I was going to settle, but I told myself I’d give it a few days to think about it. During all the searching I kept circling back to the most beautiful, stunning 300 that I screened shotted a picture of like 5 years ago. I had that tingling feeling. I knew this was the one… but it wasn’t for sale.

I decided to scour the HALLETT FB page because I remember seeing it posted about a year ago. Sure enough I found the post and he had his number on it. I decided, what the hell, I’ll call him and see if he wants to sell it. He answered, on call from some random number no less. I couldn’t believe it! Bob turned out to be the nicest guy in the world. He was 50/50 on selling it, I had to wait until august after he got back from Lake Powell. I was nervous, excited, maybe even nauseous at times. I decide I was going all in holding out for THIS boat and letting the other ones left be sold. Every few days I’d look at my phone remembering the day he was headed home. We had been talking off and on for weeks at this point. Was he going to sell it? Did I blow it on the others I could have settled on?

I was a wreck over a stupid boat I thought. I don’t need this thing, it’s too much money. Our current boat is fine. In the middle of all this one of my best boating friends who I admired and thought the world of passed away. We talked all the time about life and family, and of course boats.. I will miss his advice and knowledge. Brian Fetheroff. His services were recent. His son in law told this story during the service how he was always money conscious and was a responsible spender, and how Brian would buy things because, well, “it’s fucking bad ass!!”. Even if it wasn’t the best financial decision at the time. He did things to make memories with his kids and grandkids no matter what and figured the rest out later. I felt like Brian was telling me not to be a pussy and buy it for the kids and the memories it will bring. Fuck it, right? YOLO.

Bob called, literally a few hours into flagstaff as I’m looking at the Weather report wondering if the boat is getting hammered by the rain. Trying to ease my excitement and be calm, I answered. After some small talk about enjoying his trip he decided to sell it. I couldn’t believe it! Now comes the tough part, is it mechanically sound, am I inheriting a basket case that I didn’t know about? Bob had Maintenance scheduled at Hallett that week and practically let me choose what I wanted done. I also opted for a compression check and engine scan. Which I happily paid for. Got the call from Hallett on a Wednesday at like 9 or 10. I was nervous, Jeff the service manager gave me the great news that it was flawless and also told me the previous owners have had it serviced at Hallett every 25-30 hours regardless of if it needed it or not. Turns out the boat had been babied it’s entire life and 85% of the hours on it were spent between 0-1,999 RPMS! [emoji41][emoji106]

This week everything fell into place and as of this morning I am the new proud owner of my dream boat…. At 2006 Hallett MCOB 300.

View attachment 1043162
View attachment 1043155
View attachment 1043156
View attachment 1043157
View attachment 1043158
View attachment 1043159
View attachment 1043160
View attachment 1043161

This has got to be the coolest stories I've Ever read on this board...

You've been through hell and back over the years brother, so I can't think of anyone more deserving of that feeling than you.

Congratulations to you and your family.

👍👍👍👍👍👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have no idea. I don’t think any of the previous owners took it over 4K.

I plan to find out though! [emoji41]

Those big halletts are faster than you think!

Hammer

Reaction score
Looks too fkn tight in that storage unit! Probably need to give that back to me!!!!

Haha!!! That’s not your unit. That’s the new one I “inherited” with the boat. 55’x13’ [emoji14]

My 240 needs to go so I can get you back your storage. [emoji106]

I have one too many boats right now.

Hammer

Reaction score
Congrats Mikey. She’s a beauty, and just in time for HIH in 2 weeks.

That was part of the deal. He said he’d make sure I had it in time. [emoji106]

Hammer

Reaction score
I don't know Mike, Why would anyone buy a boat in this market? I just don't get why people go over budget for a boat, makes no sense what's so ever.

Dude that is so awesome for some reason I think I can relate :)

Really good looking and perfect engine package

Dan,

We might be related somehow. We like to have a good time and we love boats!! I probably nape more than you… I really appreciate your story and coming back from having to reset and not giving up on “life” so to speak. [emoji106]

I went to the Key West Worlds a few years ago, (shit it’s been 5[emoji15]) met you with Tank and all the big hitters.

The first day I was there, they had a big CIG on display. I had never seen one before in person. I crawled through the very freaking inch of that boat. I left there thinking, “I want a CIG one day!” Only other V is consider is maybe an Outerlimits. Who knows…. Maybe a Cig will be next when the kids are gone! [emoji41]

Hammer

Reaction score
Well done - I love hearing these stories!

Congrats - She sure is a beaut!

Thanks Bob! Watching your story had been inspiring too! Hope to see you on the water soon!

Hammer

Reaction score
Way to go Hammer. A timeless piece of badass for sure. That thing looks very well cared for.

...and motorhomes suck. Boats do not.

Thank OCMerrill. Ill try to tell myself that every time I walk passed my enclosed trailer with 25k worth of off-road toys in it, or when I spend 1k on a mojo rental for days.[emoji23]

Hammer

Reaction score
Amazing score Hamboner !!!

hope you guys have many years of enjoyment with it.

Thanks RB! Hopefully we can have a “reunion” with Lynchmob at the river. Seems you and I have been working too much while he is living it up! Haha

Hammer

Reaction score
Congrats Mike!

You don't have to lie to the poor guy! Lol!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Thanks Kevin! I’ve been meaning to call you back.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks RB! Hopefully we can have a “reunion” with Lynchmob at the river. Seems you and I have been working too much while he is living it up! Haha

Yah. I have been working non stop. But I have a really good end game in play. So hopefully it will all be worth it. 😉