WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey LAM! I got a new boat. Please don’t hate me.

Brobee

Reaction score
Well 25elim8r’s post gave me the confidence to post up the new ride. I know and understand the hate for these things but I equate it to the general fear and dislike of pit bulls. They’re not bad on their own, but because of a few asshole owners with no regard they’re seen as evil. I had a 24’ Monterey with an add on tower that we sold last summer. After running the gamut on what we wanted to replace it, we settled on a tow boat because my wife likes to wakeboard, I’d like to learn to surf, and we have two little boys that are going to start to be in to that soon. I landed on the MB after reading reviews and forums.
They’re more of a boutique builder reminding me more of the powerboat builders than the Malibu’s and Nautiques of the industry. It’s a “budget” boat on par with Axis, supreme, moomba, etc, however they only build these boats and not a cheaper version of their flagships. It doesn’t have all the touchscreens controls but I prefer electronics I understand and can fix. You can’t go wrong with mechanical switches and cable actuated gates.
So anyway, it’s a 2017 MB Sports 23’ B52. Its powered by a 6.2l raptor 400 motor. 3000# of infloor ballast 2200# plug and play in the lockers and 600# bow bag. I took it out for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I loved it. Rides awesome even in the chop, massive amounts of torque, and tons of room. And more importantly, momma and the boys loved it.
I’ve learned a lot from reading these posts and why tow boats are so hated, but I honestly don’t understand why anyone would ride around fully ballasted while not actively pulling or surfing. It takes 10 minutes at most to fill this boat and about 2 to empty. I don’t see the joy in plowing and burning fuel and money if I don’t have to.
So here’s my pledge. I won’t be riding deep for no reason. I won’t be surfing in the high traffic areas (we go south and find a cove to hang with the rest of our roll bar friends), I doubt I’ll ever put in at Parker, but if I do we won’t be surfing. I will be cruising with my family, listening to music at an appropriate level with language appropriate for my 5&7 year olds. I will wave and smile to everyone I see and probably passing me because this pig only does like 40 [emoji16][emoji1366]. And I will be having fun and making memories that will stay with us and keep us together. Just as boating is supposed to do.
So anyway, here’s the pig.
IMG_6338.jpg
IMG_6339.jpg
IMG_6342.jpg
IMG_6397.jpg
IMG_6345.jpg

So there it is. Please don’t hate me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_6329.jpg
    IMG_6329.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_6331.jpg
    IMG_6331.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_6332.jpg
    IMG_6332.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 247

Hallett285

Reaction score
Nice garage...

And congrats on the new boat...

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Love the boat and the garage. Absolutely nothing wrong with a roll bar boat for the family. Gonna be years of great memories for everyone.

Brobee

Reaction score
Nice boat have fun with it sounds like your one of the responsible tow boat guys

Thank you. Hopefully I don’t get kicked off the site. I like it here Dave. Don’t ban me.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Great looking boat! But more importantly, that garage looks big enough to store another boat. How much [emoji12][emoji12]

brgrcru

Reaction score
Bad ass , congrats . Perfect boat for the family to get into water sports .

nowski

Reaction score
Nice family boat, kids will get a lot of use out of that one...

Brobee

Reaction score
Great looking boat! But more importantly, that garage looks big enough to store another boat. How much [emoji12][emoji12]

It is. I had my brothers 28’ enclosed in the other side with my diesel up until this trip. I took it back so he could sell it. Now my friend is storing his old centaurian in there until he sells it because he just bought a new axis. If I put the diesel in the main house, I can put a boat where it was. I like having the space available for friends that might come out with us and bring their boat.
IMG_4376.jpg

Rondog4405

Reaction score
It is. I had my brothers 28’ enclosed in the other side with my diesel up until this trip. I took it back so he could sell it. Now my friend is storing his old centaurian in there until he sells it because he just bought a new axis. If I put the diesel in the main house, I can put a boat where it was. I like having the space available for friends that might come out with us and bring their boat. View attachment 744321

Garage Goals! Btw.. Nice bote;)

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Have golfed with Mike Brendel and used to know the family fairly well in Merced. They have a good history building boats back to Ski Brendella and other's. I did a stereo system in a B52 like yours and the guy turned out to be high up in the wake sports world and was pondering a huge job offer from Connelly for a change in scenery. Before that he was some sort of shot caller for Master Craft. He could easily have bought a more expensive boat but loved his MB and doesn't have a reason to change it up.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! That’s a good looking boat. Many years of enjoyment ahead with your family.

RichL

Reaction score
Congrats on the boat and helping the kids form some great memories.

danbfive

Reaction score
Don't apologize at all! I have a big boat and a tow boat and your kids will have a better time in the MB. Enjoy!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Congrats. Nice sled. Many years of enjoyment for you and the family...[emoji39][emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brobee

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments everyone. All I want to do is be away from here and back there. This site bridges that gap and makes the away time tolerable. Boat safe you guys.

Brobee

Reaction score
Can we get a better picture of that steering wheel for the fellow sw aficionados on the board please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Sure I suppose. It’s nothing special, just your run of the mill, basic wheel.

IMG_6429.jpg

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Nice, congrats.

I have that exact boat in blue for sale right now. 2015 with 76 hours.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
For real though. Here you go.
View attachment 744540

After an extensive review of yore steering wheel, i must wish you congratulations! Your wheel scores a 8.4 out of 10. While not exhibiting an over the top "hey LAM" style, or garnering attention from those not well versed in luxury, you have got yourself a fine steering mechanism. Those who appreciate the finer things in life will appreciate the following design cues of your new wheel:

WHEEL.jpg

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
After an extensive review of yore steering wheel, i must wish you congratulations! Your wheel scores a 8.4 out of 10. While not exhibiting an over the top "hey LAM" style, or garnering attention from those not well versed in luxury, you have got yourself a fine steering mechanism. Those who appreciate the finer things in life will appreciate the following design cues of your new wheel:

View attachment 744543
OMFG [emoji23]

DLHM.gif

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thank you. Hopefully I don’t get kicked off the site. I like it here Dave. Don’t ban me.

Anybody with a 500.00 steering wheel gets to stay. Lol. And that looks like a 500.00 steering wheel to me!

Congrats on the new boat, don’t sweat it too much one of these is likely on my future as well as my kids are getting older.

Albeit ill buy an older Tige or something for 13-15 grand and keep a performance boat as well.

RD

Brobee

Reaction score

View attachment 744543

Holy crap, that’s amazing. I can’t believe you spent that much time on my steering wheel. You are truly a genius in your genre. Thank you thank you thank you.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Holy crap, that’s amazing. I can’t believe you spent that much time on my steering wheel. You are truly a genius in your genre. Thank you thank you thank you.

Let's not carried away. He can barely get in the front door. Lol [emoji39][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk