WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey LAM, Look at What I did!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Decided to build a new home in Lake Las Vegas. It's a semi custom (still a tract home) but got to choose lots of things like 8foot garage doors and were able to do things like electrical outlets in weird spots etc. Did two 220v plugs in the garage for my welders etc. We are doing 20 plus feet of Panoramic Doors in the living area and kitchen leading out to the modern cocktail pool. Tiny backyard (about 30 feet deep) but less for us to deal with. Very modern home and design with all flat panel modern chesnut cabinets, 2 1/4 edge white quartz counters and white flooring. We are super excited and it will be nice to have a place close to my aging parents in Boulder City.

We are still in Reno/Tahoe for some time as we have another place here and wanted to get in on a home in this particular spot in Lake Las Vegas before they went up too much in cost. Thanks for looking and have a blessed Sunday.

The opening on the left is a gate in to the court yard. Always wanted a court yard!

20200209_082315.jpg

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
Very Cool, great area in such a small community. Even better that you can take the back road and hit up BC when ever you need to visit them.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Very Cool, great area in such a small community. Even better that you can take the back road and hit up BC when ever you need to visit them.

Yeah it's right near the River Mountain Trail. We literally can ride our bicycles 17 miles to BC and never get on a public road.

We love all the restaurants with outdoor seating etc. Our home builder also pays the 10,000.00 initiation fee to the private sports club. You can text them in the morning and they will bring paddle boards or kayaks to the beach for you. Pretty cool as we really wanted that resort life.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well decided to go back to Vegas full time! Sold our properties here in Reno and my wife and I will be living the Vegas life again! So excited as it is definitely what we consider home.

House will be done in a month or two then on to yard and pool. We are doing 20feet of Panoramic Doors too leading out to the pool! Gonna look great.

Thanks for looking and can't wait to go back to Lake Mead and Havasu. Taohe is pretty but a pain in the ass and fricken cold.

IMG_20200303_113913_002.jpg

Going for something similar to this. We have been working on design for weeks and we want it to be perfect. It will be very modern and we will have a tanning ledge added as well ( about 7 to 8feet of pool that is only 9" deep for chairs) . The Panoramic Doors will bring the outside in and vise versa leading out to the pool. We have two sets we are installing. One is 8 feet and will have two to three panels and the other is 12 or 14ft (cant remember) and will have four panels).
108388.jpeg

PaPaG

Reaction score
Well decided to go back to Vegas full time! Sold our properties here in Reno and my wife and I will be living the Vegas life again! So excited as it is definitely what we consider home.

House will be done in a month or two then on to yard and pool. We are doing 20feet of Panoramic Doors too leading out to the pool! Gonna look great.

Thanks for looking and can't wait to go back to Lake Mead and Havasu. Taohe is pretty but a pain in the ass and fricken cold.

View attachment 851261

Going for something similar to this. We have been working on design for weeks and we want it to be perfect. It will be very modern and we will have a tanning ledge added as well ( about 7 to 8feet of pool that is only 9" deep for chairs) . The Panoramic Doors will bring the outside in and vise versa leading out to the pool. We have two sets we are installing. One is 8 feet and will have two to three panels and the other is 12 or 14ft (cant remember) and will have four panels).
View attachment 851262
That design of pool is very close to what we want if we pull the trigger, the difference would be a spa where the raised section is at the end vs pad and chairs, also a nice slate stack stone with water falls into the pool vs the river rock and plants on the back side..cant wait to see your finished project.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
How long did your process take to build? We are looking into options for Vegas right now too. Lake Las Vegas is nice because we keep our boat at Lake Mead storage across from the entrance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boatpi

Reaction score
Pm me if you’re looking for an all aluminum cantilever patio cover in the future we’re working on some steel answers for all aluminum products now.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats! Super exciting! Who is your builder?

We're building as well. Just did the design center appt last Friday. Should break ground soon.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well we are absolutely loving this area. Every morning we walk, hike ride or paddle board. Walk or ride to grab coffee and a croissant at Cafe de Lac in the morning, lunch or dinner and a drink at the many restaurants on the water in the village and more. We feel like we are living the resort lifestyle and not even retired yet. It's truly heaven and we are so blessed to be back in Southern Nevada.

On our way to dinner and drinks last night.

20200530_113657.jpg

The Lake Las Vegas Village was buzzing last night. Hundreds out and about eating and drinking and very few mask except on the servers.
20200529_192628.jpg

20200529_204201.jpg

The wetlands across the street from our place.
20200521_190126.jpg

One of the many golf courses. Too bad I don't play. I like this shot when I rode by on my bike as it reminds me of Hawaii or some tropical destination. We truly feel like every day is a vacation.
20200530_085519.jpg

This is the course our home is on. It's cool because it's now multi use. So if you want to chip or put or a small short game go for it, otherwise you can ride bikes, play frisbee or whatever. Private and well taken care of.
20200529_081337.jpg

Little gravel ride this morning with my wife.
20200530_102131.jpg

Likes this shot of our kitchen Its modern and sleek. We have white floors too so the modern chestnut flat panel cabinets broke it up nicely. I actually have a new panel to replace that dark one. ;)
20200530_113853.jpg

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Our new home is going to be our second to last. We really feel we may stay in Lake Las Vegas though and in five to seven years we will look at buying something like one of these Blue Heron homes or what ever is available. We love modern and these are just so amazing. 2800 to 4500 sq feet and sweet views. Check them out here. https://lakelasvegas.com/new-homes/vantage/

20200530_080402.jpg

20200530_080543.jpg

20200530_081321.jpg

20200530_080402.jpg
20200530_080543.jpg
20200530_081321.jpg

20200530_080424.jpg

Nice views facing south towards the lake overlooking open lots that start at around a million. Check out this monster they are building. I think it is going to be around the 7 million mark.
20200530_080450.jpg

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
Looks awsome ! We live about 15 minutes away and I thought about buying a condo there just to hang out on weekends . Congratulations on the new life

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
How long did your process take to build? We are looking into options for Vegas right now too. Lake Las Vegas is nice because we keep our boat at Lake Mead storage across from the entrance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, I didn't see this until now. Our house took about five months or more give or take. I think now things are taking even longer with availability of product, service etc. Our home was nothing special in terms of being a custom home or what not so time frames may differ. There are so many variables right now that it would be hard to pin down how long a certain builder will take.

All I know is all the homes being built around here whether they are 500k or 1.5mil are being worked on seven days a week and until 8pm at night. Our community is about 20% done and these guys are working non stop all the time. Our street is pretty much completed. It is the last, highest up (elevation wise) and dead end street backed up to the golf course so there will never be any more interruptions from construction now; thank goodness.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Looks awsome ! We live about 15 minutes away and I thought about buying a condo there just to hang out on weekends . Congratulations on the new life

Thanks so much! We are at the age the resort living really appeals to us. We want to retire in less than 10 years but didn't want to wait to live in a resort type area. It's really not bad convenience wise. We both work remotely most of the time. If we are going to work from home, might as well be in a good area.

We will have to meet up for a cocktail!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Looks awesome.. cant really tell from the pic being so far. Did they fix the stucco for you? It looks as they did but hard to tell.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Looks awesome.. cant really tell from the pic being so far. Did they fix the stucco for you? It looks as they did but hard to tell.

Yes, so much better. Funny, I was looking at some new homes going up not to far from us that are over a million. My wife and I were looking at their stucco job and it was worse than ours. hahaha. We are pleased now. It's not perfect but a good 40 to 50% better than it was. The builder has been very good and responsive. Honestly, most of the subs are just negligent. The electricians screw up the dry wall guys work, the appliance guys screw up the cabinet guys work, the cabinet guys screw up the counter guys work. Nobody ever seems to give a crap about anyone else's stuff. If they all just took an extra minute not to screw up others work, everyone would be ahead.

Reaction score
it looks like your riding bikes on part of the Historic Railroad Tunnel trail. neat trail where you walk thru 5 tunnels and come out on the upper floor of Hoover Dam parking lot.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
it looks like your riding bikes on part of the Historic Railroad Tunnel trail. neat trail where you walk thru 5 tunnels and come out on the upper floor of Hoover Dam parking lot.

We are not, but we have walked through it before. Pretty neat!