WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY LAM!!! New Nordic Jet Bote and Movie Deal

Boat Doctor

Reaction score
So I have been waiting to post that my wife and I have purchased the Nordic 24sx jet, because we are going to have it made into and open bow and I wanted to post about it when it was all done but I can't wait anymore so here it is!

IMG_9796.jpg

Our 5 year old daughter Kira loves it!
IMG_9960.JPG
IMG_9962.JPG

The even cooler part is that right after we purchased it, one of Thane's buddies called him looking for a jet boat to be featured in a film he is currently making! He went over everything with me and it seemed like a neat thing to be apart of so I said yes and two weeks later we drove the boat out to Lake Piru. The boat had a tower added to it for the movie to facilitate lighting, but it will be removed as soon as it's done being used in the film.

IMG_0212.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0217.JPG
IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg

Hoping to do the open bow conversion and a bigger stereo as soon as we get it back in two weeks. Can't wait to make some more memories on the river with our new boat!!!

Kyle at Nordic

JD D05

Reaction score
Nice! Just curious....Did you have any seconds thoughts about a tower being installed and than removed?

RCDave

Reaction score
Bitchen boat! I saw it first hand at Nordic and met Kyle that day. (Kyle I'm that guy with the Cougar 22MTR)

Last edited:

Boat Doctor

Reaction score
Nice! Just curious....Did you have any seconds thoughts about a tower being installed and than removed?
No, it actually will work out really well the way we have it. The rear is in the hole meant for the fuel vent and the front hole will be getting a pin cleat, so it won't be a problem at all. if it didn't work out like that though then I would have had some reservations.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Congrats. I really like the lines of that 24. I don't think I've seen one as an open bow. You doing a walk-off or just standard open bow? I'm curious to see the final product any 25' and shorter tunnel makes my ears perk up.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Boat Doctor

Reaction score
Congrats. I really like the lines of that 24. I don't think I've seen one as an open bow. You doing a walk-off or just standard open bow? I'm curious to see the final product any 25' and shorter tunnel makes my ears perk up.

It will be a standard open bow, we have converted one before and it came out really nice. It will have a notch in the window to step over the dash.

attitude

Reaction score
I love the look of this hull. How does it run with a jet and what mph are you seeing? A family friend bought the blue and white one with the 400 and I got excited thinking I might be able to buy it from him when he was done with it but he returned it to Nordic because it had a handling issue.:(

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That boat performed exceptionally well right out of the gate and I remember they were going to start tweaking it to get even more out of it.

I think it originally ran around 75 mph?

Always thought it was a great combo and was kind of surprised a lower river guy or needles guy didn’t pick it up a long time ago!

Groper

Reaction score
That boat performed exceptionally well right out of the gate and I remember they were going to start tweaking it to get even more out of it.

I think it originally ran around 75 mph?

Always thought it was a great combo and was kind of surprised a lower river guy or needles guy didn’t pick it up a long time ago!
Which Boat Dave, the Outboard or the Jet Bote ?

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Great looking boat. Congrats !!!! I dig the gel design and colors.

Boat Doctor

Reaction score
I love the look of this hull. How does it run with a jet and what mph are you seeing? A family friend bought the blue and white one with the 400 and I got excited thinking I might be able to buy it from him when he was done with it but he returned it to Nordic because it had a handling issue.:(
Currently we have it running 65 with full tanks, three people, and all the gear. It actually sits up and rides really nicely and doesn't come unloaded through chop or decent size boat wakes at all.

2Driver

Reaction score
That's a great set up and a cool niche. I think Place-craft were the only guys doing a jet/deck sort of config. This is light years ahead.

This will allow people to migrate to Fisher’s landing in hoards. :D

Last edited:

One2go

Reaction score
That's bad ass , I love the look I would have harder time cutting the deck than the temp tower.

Boat Doctor

Reaction score
That's bad ass , I love the look I would have harder time cutting the deck than the temp tower.
I agree! the boat looks so good how it is that its a shame to cut the deck, but with our little one starting to bring friends on the boat we need the room.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do you know what movie it is or what it will be about?

Boat Doctor

Reaction score
Beautiful boat. Congrats
It will be in The Babysitter 2, its a horror/comedy Netflix movie. If you haven't seen the first one its worth watching at least once. I'm not into horror movies but its closer to a thriller with the comedy trying to keep it light. What I have been told is that someone is getting dragged behind the boat and works their way up the tow rope, just before they get to the boat the rope is cut and they end up in the "prop" which is why they needed a jet boat.

Boat Doctor

Reaction score
Here is the outboard 400 boat that was made into an open bow, mine should come out pretty much the same.
IMG_0225.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0228.jpg

Both of these boats are residents at Nordic so if anyone is interested in a test drive they are readily available!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Boat Doctor

Reaction score
Interesting..... Has there been a walk through made yet?

No walk through option unfortunately, but the dash is way easier to just step over than you would think. The open bow is mainly for the kids anyway, and they can crawl through no problem.
IMG_0226.jpg