WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY-LAM.. NEW RZR'S

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Looks like I'm at it again,... in 2014 I bought 2 new xp 1000's.... horrible....but the fast easy fix was to just haul them to tom at fine line and have him re spring and valve the shocks....got the 2 cars back perfect and never once had to change , adjust,or mod the two... perfect every where...

so yesterday stopped in mesquite nv, decided to up grade to the new 2021 turbo,... we wanted to get the pros,... but I fit the 2 2014's in my trailer... and found out that the pros are about 8'' longer, so they won't fit my trailer....I just bought the trailer and added cabinets, solar , 1000w inverter, windows, power fan and such... where we ride, pretty much everywhere... and at time being bigger is a problem, any way...

so the only ones that would work for us was the 2021's

so,....when we bought them, before paying they have a test track.... these things are horrible... got used to the non bucking plush ride of the 2014's.. run on pin through any whoops,..for me,... I really didn't want to up grade, my 1000's run out of traction before running out of power, and go any where... I never have to run around on pin,... they just work real good for what I do.... but my wife was insistent they she was buying a new turbo car, both our sons bought new can am's..

so here I am,..4 rzr's... the best ones, and the ones I would take out on a trip is the 2014's... there perfect,.. never ran on the street, never desert raced.. alway maintained... the new ones..... horrible IMHO..... but the was the same description I had with the 2014's...

So, I haven't messed with shocks in years... but.one thin g for sure.... I don't want to either.....So, question? I'm thinking to just load these new ones up and drop them off at fineline and have Tom fix them...It's hard to get answers on these forum because everyone has different wants when it comes to off road... we ride our own and most of the time no passengers... wife is only 110 lbs... she doesn't weigh enough to make the stock suspension work, so it just bucks...for me 200 lbs,... stil not enough.... but... put a couple 250lbs'ers and the probley ride great... I spent some time doing research last night,... It's like a re run of 2014.. some say they are fine as is..., some say tender springs, some say the shocks are junk... some say great..so do I just take them to tom and be done?????

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’d go get the suspension tuned for you guys. Having had turbo cars and NA.. for desert I think the NA cars are better because the power is immediate. It takes a little getting used to waiting for the turbos to spool.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I’d go get the suspension tuned for you guys. Having had turbo cars and NA.. for desert I think the NA cars are better because the power is immediate. It takes a little getting used to waiting for the turbos to spool.
I haven't been able verify, but the sale guy said there is a list of up grades too the newer 2021's,.. look the same to me???? 50 more hp??? 60k for 2 rzrs????? WTF.... this was gonna happen or I was to get no rest... wife was dead set on a new one and it was her birthday on the 19th we spent 5 days out at coral pink, that all I heard was I want a turbo....WTF... happy wife happy life... she even come down to...Stop here I'm gonna buy one... of coarse when it came time to pay she was out of checks..... pretty sure about this though.... I will never have to do this again...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Looks like I'm at it again,... in 2014 I bought 2 new xp 1000's.... horrible....but the fast easy fix was to just haul them to tom at fine line and have him re spring and valve the shocks....got the 2 cars back perfect and never once had to change , adjust,or mod the two... perfect every where...

so yesterday stopped in mesquite nv, decided to up grade to the new 2021 turbo,... we wanted to get the pros,... but I fit the 2 2014's in my trailer... and found out that the pros are about 8'' longer, so they won't fit my trailer....I just bought the trailer and added cabinets, solar , 1000w inverter, windows, power fan and such... where we ride, pretty much everywhere... and at time being bigger is a problem, any way...

so the only ones that would work for us was the 2021's

so,....when we bought them, before paying they have a test track.... these things are horrible... got used to the non bucking plush ride of the 2014's.. run on pin through any whoops,..for me,... I really didn't want to up grade, my 1000's run out of traction before running out of power, and go any where... I never have to run around on pin,... they just work real good for what I do.... but my wife was insistent they she was buying a new turbo car, both our sons bought new can am's..

so here I am,..4 rzr's... the best ones, and the ones I would take out on a trip is the 2014's... there perfect,.. never ran on the street, never desert raced.. alway maintained... the new ones..... horrible IMHO..... but the was the same description I had with the 2014's...

So, I haven't messed with shocks in years... but.one thin g for sure.... I don't want to either.....So, question? I'm thinking to just load these new ones up and drop them off at fineline and have Tom fix them...It's hard to get answers on these forum because everyone has different wants when it comes to off road... we ride our own and most of the time no passengers... wife is only 110 lbs... she doesn't weigh enough to make the stock suspension work, so it just bucks...for me 200 lbs,... stil not enough.... but... put a couple 250lbs'ers and the probley ride great... I spent some time doing research last night,... It's like a re run of 2014.. some say they are fine as is..., some say tender springs, some say the shocks are junk... some say great..so do I just take them to tom and be done?????
Take the springs off the 2014s, Put them on the 2021s and go have the 2021 shocks revalved. Done.

You could just swap complete shocks if you want to, the 2014s have remote reservoirs on the rear shocks though, you’ll have to mount them somewhere.

Bottom line Steve - the shocks are fine, the springs are junk, and the valving should be set up to match the springs. You will be good after that. The 2 seaters are a little short on wheelbase, so you will still get a little “buck” in them, but it will be livable.

Last edited:

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
If you are “running out of traction before power”, you should try another prop, I mean set of tires!

Honestly, the stock tires suck! I feel like i ran a lot of different tires when I had my Rzr. The Tensor Regulator’s were by far the best I had. However Its been highly recommended to me to give the BFG AT3’s a shot. So I have a set ready to roll if my new ride ever shows up.

And yes… toon your shocks!

BTW, are you building Noah’s Ark? you have two of everything (for sale). 😜

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If you are “running out of traction before power”, you should try another prop, I mean set of tires!

Honestly, the stock tires suck! I feel like i ran a lot of different tires when I had my Rzr. The Tensor Regulator’s were by far the best I had. However Its been highly recommended to me to give the BFG AT3’s a shot. So I have a set ready to roll if my new ride ever shows up.

I have heard really good things about the BFGs. There are tons of good tires out there these days.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I have heard really good things about the BFGs. There are tons of good tires out there these days.

The BFG grip extremely well it takes some getting use to they really grab in the corners for me it was learning curve but this is my first Rzr and I came from a bike so that could be why

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
The BFG grip extremely well it takes some getting use to they really grab in the corners for me it was learning curve but this is my first Rzr and I came from a bike so that could be why

The BFG tire has a shoulder on it versus the stock tire. Much less forgiving tire in those scenarios but far superior to stock. Makes for a much better driver experience IMO driving through the corners.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
The BFG tire has a shoulder on it versus the stock tire. Much less forgiving tire in those scenarios but far superior to stock. Makes for a much better driver experience IMO driving through the corners.

Yeah we were doing some tight fire roads and I was almost feeling like I was getting pulled into the corner was for sure something to get use too but I love them now that I figured out how to drive with them lol

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Take the springs off the 2014s, Put them on the 2021s and go have the 2021 shocks revalved. Done.

You could just swap complete shocks if you want to, the 2014s have remote reservoirs on the rear shocks though, you’ll have to mount them somewhere.

Bottom line Steve - the shocks are fine, the springs are junk, and the valving should be set up to match the springs. You will be good after that. The 2 seaters are a little short on wheelbase, so you will still get a little “buck” in them, but it will be livable.
didn't have any buck in my 900's or 1000's... watch this and tell me where the buck is....

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
didn't have any buck in my 900's or 1000's... watch this and tell me where the buck is....

In the sand you probably won’t have any. In the desert still like out here in Havasu you may get a little on the washboards, or whoops. The longer wheelbase cars smooth that stuff out.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
anyway, just got back from taking the rzrs to tom...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
In the sand you probably won’t have any. In the desert still like out here in Havasu you may get a little on the washboards, or whoops. The longer wheelbase cars smooth that stuff out.
not to be a smart ass,... but didn't you get your first rzr about 6 mo ago???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

Idon't have anything for sale..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Pics of said Rzr's or it didnt happen!
I've been looking for 2 matching for awhile.... most didn't even have one, and wanted you to ordr one.... came across these two that fit in my trailer with turbo motors so I pulled the trigger, the ones we got rid of were way fine for what we do...I wouldn't wanna be any wider, or longer.... most the time shorter works best in tight trails..

1634941984529-jpeg.1060274

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
As soon as my wife says she wants to buy something I know 2 things.

1) She WILL buy it soon
2) I have to figure a way to pay for it.

Reactions: DWC

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
As soon as my wife says she wants to buy something I know 2 things.

1) She WILL buy it soon
2) I have to figure a way to pay for it.
pretty much the same at my house,.. once she thinks she wants some thing, she'll go buy it...she has her own money,

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Congrats Steve, the turbos are a lot of fun. they are not big time go fast machines like we had back when we were both a heck of a lot younger, but they are fun. I swapped the springs out of my Turbo S because it was not long before the stock chineseuim tenders began to collapse. I bought a Stage 2 kit from Eibach and I am mostly happy with it. I don't get out with the thing often enough right now to spend the $ to have the shocks revalved, but that day may come after we move next spring.
Anyway, have fun. Maybe someday we can meet at Coral Pink, it is the only dune complex out west we haven't been to...yet.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
pretty much the same at my house,.. once she thinks she wants some thing, she'll go buy it...she has her own money,
It is all "Our" money. She doesn't want anything to do with the management of it. She knows how to access it all, but really doesn't know how much is where. That is why I have to figure out how to pay for it, meaning move money from one place to another.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
It is all "Our" money. She doesn't want anything to do with the management of it. She knows how to access it all, but really doesn't know how much is where. That is why I have to figure out how to pay for it, meaning move money from one place to another.
her money is hers''' my money is ours......lol