WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey LAM! Our Newest Home Improvement. Panoramic Doors Istalled.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
We wanted that true "bring the outside in" feel to our new home. I hosted an installation clinic for a bunch of local builders and contractors at our home so they could learn the ins and outs of the doors. We are just over the moon; we have never done a home upgrade that was just so dramatic and amazing (and not just because I sell them). It really transformed our living space of our humble tract home.

Please excuse the mess as we are putting in a pool and landscaping.

12x8 foot door and a 8x8 next to it. Still need to get some finish work done (stucco and drywall).

Thanks for looking and have a blessed Wednesday!

www.panoramicdoors.com Instagram @panoramicdoorslasvegas

IMG_20200825_193722_083.jpg

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
love it, is there any way to have a screen door with this setup? I currently have 16ft of sliding glass at the back of my house and would love a setup like this if we can do a screen door too

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
love it, is there any way to have a screen door with this setup? I currently have 16ft of sliding glass at the back of my house and would love a setup like this if we can do a screen door too

I have one. They are so minimal when they are closed you would really have to look to even notice it. It sits on the inside and is hidden behind the stacked doors! We manufacture it as well and is called the Panopleat system. It stacks nicely to whatever side you chose. Check out this video that shows the screen. https://vimeo.com/user80163527

What area of AZ are you in?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
That's great! I always wanted to do that with our house up on the hill above the SF Valley but the cost to retrofit was always more than we wanted to spend (not sure it would've paid for itself at all). It's a huge improvement and really brings the outside in. Congrats!

Universal Elements

Reaction score
We wanted that true "bring the outside in" feel to our new home. I hosted an installation clinic for a bunch of local builders and contractors at our home so they could learn the ins and outs of the doors. We are just over the moon; we have never done a home upgrade that was just so dramatic and amazing (and not just because I sell them). It really transformed our living space of our humble tract home.

Please excuse the mess as we are putting in a pool and landscaping.

12x8 foot door and a 8x8 next to it. Still need to get some finish work done (stucco and drywall).

Thanks for looking and have a blessed Wednesday!

www.panoramicdoors.com Instagram @panoramicdoorslasvegas

View attachment 915442

Looks great, exactly what I was looking for. I’m going to take these windows out and build the third wraparound deck at our new house. The view of the mountains and valley is spectacular from this side of the house. I’ll be painting the house a totally different color.

BA739900-34EF-46BB-B992-36AC223E72D4.jpeg
961053CF-E01D-4075-9CA2-E0D8842C050A.jpeg

C08H18

Reaction score
I’ve been looking for the same at our Litchfield park home. We have an 8 ft slider I’d like to replace. Any installers in our area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for the same at our Litchfield park home. We have an 8 ft slider I’d like to replace. Any installers in our area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am the business development director for parts of AZ and if you were closer to Havasu, I could get you hooked up. However, we do have a showroom in the Phoenix area. Tell them John from Vegas Panoramic Doors sent you.

15455 N. Greenway-Hayden Loop
Unit C-11
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Call: 480-991-9933

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
That's great! I always wanted to do that with our house up on the hill above the SF Valley but the cost to retrofit was always more than we wanted to spend (not sure it would've paid for itself at all). It's a huge improvement and really brings the outside in. Congrats!

Since our doors are the only bottom supported hingless, independent panel doors available there is no additional header support work needed if you are just popping out a standard slider. That is one of our biggest selling points.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Since our doors are the only bottom supported hingless, independent panel doors available there is no additional header support work needed if you are just popping out a standard slider. That is one of our biggest selling points.

Really? What would be the ball park cost to replace a standard sliding glass door with one? Also can you choose which direction the door opens, right vs left?

DC-88

Reaction score
Nice looking product. How does pricing compare to "La Cantina"? I keep sticking with those because we have had great luck with them being weatherproof on Southern facing exposures in Cali. , and avoiding defects/lawsuits etc is always a top priority.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Nice looking product. How does pricing compare to "La Cantina"? I keep sticking with those because we have had great luck with them being weatherproof on Southern facing exposures in Cali. , and avoiding defects/lawsuits etc is always a top priority.

Sorry to sound like a salesman here and I really do not want to be spamming the lounge with my business as that was NOT my intention. My original post was just sharing our new doors as we have never been so happy with a home upgrade! However, I will try and keep my answer as short as possible.

Our new CEO is actually from La Cantina. They are a big competitor of ours and they make a great product but very different than ours because their traditional bi-fold or accordion systems use hinges where all their panels are connected.

Our doors are the only bottom supported independent panel stacking doors in the world. We have multiple patents on the doors so you don't see much similar to ours. Having independent panels allows for multiple openings to control traffic and air flow. We have no unsightly hinges (subjective of course). Being hingless, we have no hardware that supports the door vertically wear our and become lose. Independent panels that don't fold in a W panel allow you to put furniture etc right up to the glass with no need to have a bunch of space on each side of the door to open or close. If you have small kids or people in the home with little strength they are opening only one panel at at time as opposed to pushing all the panels over at one time. Bottom supported keeps construction cost very low as you are not required to have a heavy duty header system that is required by top hung doors.

I don't really get in pricing against competitors, but in general our cost is usually less. Especially once you take in construction cost. If you are just replacing a slider, all construction can be done in one day so you don't have a gaping hole in the wall.

There are some beautiful doors out there. My wife and LOVE those frameless huge glass systems and if cost and energy bills were not a concern they are awesome. Unfortunately they do not meet any new building code, most don't allow for energy saving stuff like argon, dual panels, tongue and groove technology or panel to panel seals like a system that has some sort of frame. Out here in southern Nevada where we get dust and flash floods, the only way to go is with a system that helps eliminate that intrusion.

Our company has been going through a lot of changes and now our whole main goal is to give the best customer experience available which sometimes wasn't the case. One of the reasons I was hired as CSI is a huge thing for me and every company I have worked for. I hope to help Panoramic Doors give the best experience and sell the best product available. Hope that answers some questions. Feel free to shoot me a message on here!

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Really? What would be the ball park cost to replace a standard sliding glass door with one? Also can you choose which direction the door opens, right vs left?

There are so many variables when it comes to pricing but if you message me your rough opening (width first) I can give you a quote. Vinyl is about 20% less than aluminum, but aluminum doors are better all the way around. Especially in warm areas like SoNev and AZ where contraction and expansion can bee an issue.

You can have the Master Door on either side or both sides if you choose. Unless you have more than seven panels, I really don't see a reason to have two master doors. Buy start getting in to 25 foot doors, it's nice not to have to walk to once side to go to the main door.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Any showrooms in SoCal I can take clients to?? Orange county ideally

Absolutely. Let them know I sent you! John from Vegas. We do industry discounts too (contractors, builders, etc).
682 N. Pacific Coast Hwy.
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Call: 949-715-6901

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
BTW, if any member is interested, please let me know. I handle Southern Nevada, parts of AZ/Ca/Utah (Havasu/Parker etc is all my territory). If you are not putting the doors in any of those areas, I will do whatever I can to get you to the right person for your area. I can't guarantee they will be as cool as me though! :D If anyone is in the Vegas area and wants to see the doors let me know! I have an appt only showroom I would be happy to meet you at.

Taboma

Reaction score
View attachment 915556 View attachment 915557
I have them too. They’re awesome. (unfortunately I don’t have any current pics- this was 2 years ago)

Great looking, but in that area I bet you've got rattlers lined up just waiting to get in :eek:

When new neighbors moved in behind me several years ago, I noticed they were leaving a door open into their kitchen. I nicely warned them, that wasn't a good idea, naturally they ignored my warning. A few weeks later their gardener found and killed one right in front of that open door, they don't do that anymore. 😁

I cracked up looking at model homes along rattler infested canyons with these walls wide open all day, I was looking hard !!!
I'd for sure have screens and use them religiously. I live in rattler country and never leave my garage door open unless I'm right there working and I put a screen on my shop man door.
Years ago I had to get a rattler out of my shop, finally just shot the bastard and cleaned up afterwards.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
where, I so want these in my family room and kitchen area

Don't hold me to it, but I believe this is the new office address. Just let me know before you go and Ill get you set up.

5421 Avenida Encinas
Suite N
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Call: 760-722-1300

scottchbrite

Reaction score
That is where they were manufactured. Only some offices there now as we moved all production to Texas except for some of the screens which are out of Reno. All American made!
i saw that on Instagram. I found about about the doors from some of the guys at work who have them.
My buddy that helped me build my house liked the doors so much, I believe he became an approved installer!

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Great looking, but in that area I bet you've got rattlers lined up just waiting to get in :eek:
We havent seen one one the property in the 5 years we’ve owned the land. I know they’re around! There’s so much construction, equipment, etc, I think they moved away lol. Ive found King snakes and garden snakes though. I even brought home several king snakes home from work. Also, my dog is snake trained and does a good job of locating them.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
@beaverretriever

So on a scale from Bayliner to Wood Shutters.......where do these land? :D

We are the Schiada of doors! We do currently have a long lead time! :D We are a good value. There are doors much more expensive than ours and a LOT that are cheaper. We make a pretty innovative product and there really isn't anything out there exactly like what we sell. I guess that is good neutral answer, right?

Babyback

Reaction score
Yes please.

I will definitely be in the market for one in the next few month with our renovation...

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Wow, great feedback guys and gals. Thanks for all the kind post and replies.

Seriously, if anyone is interested in doors (or windows) please give me a shout even if you are not in my territory. I will definitely let your local rep know who you are and I hope you get a little extra care!

Pano Diagram Hingless Design.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
We havent seen one one the property in the 5 years we’ve owned the land. I know they’re around! There’s so much construction, equipment, etc, I think they moved away lol. Ive found King snakes and garden snakes though. I even brought home several king snakes home from work. Also, my dog is snake trained and does a good job of locating them.

Got a call from a neighbor the other day, asking for a little rattler extraction assistance. Because this guy was in a shady location, I hadn't realize he was a type I really rather not kill. He was also in a dangerous location for the homeowner, but only the 2nd Red Diamondback I've ever seen up here in 30 years.
I'd like one of those windows for our second level deck, just not ground floor.

Jack's Red Diamond Back.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
Wow, great feedback guys and gals. Thanks for all the kind post and replies.

Seriously, if anyone is interested in doors (or windows) please give me a shout even if you are not in my territory. I will definitely let your local rep know who you are and I hope you get a little extra care!

View attachment 915656

Are they made to retro-fit sliders without having to patch the stucco ?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Are they made to retro-fit sliders without having to patch the stucco ?

We were so close to getting them out without ruining the stucco but our home builder really had the frame of the slider in there. There was no way we could have got it out without ruining some stucco albeit very minor. Not saying this is the case for everyone. I am sure it can be done on some homes without any issues. Depends how far over your stucco goes on to the door frame.

Taboma

Reaction score
We were so close to getting them out without ruining the stucco but our home builder really had the frame of the slider in there. There was no way we could have got it out without ruining some stucco albeit very minor. Not saying this is the case for everyone. I am sure it can be done on some homes without any issues. Depends how far over your stucco goes on to the door frame.

But in general, they're not made with an extended frame similar to retrofit windows, more for new construction or remodel with some stucco and drywall repair.
When I saw this thread I had to check the date, thinking he can't be talking about his brand new LLV home. :oops: 😁

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
But in general, they're not made with an extended frame similar to retrofit windows, more for new construction or remodel with some stucco and drywall repair.
When I saw this thread I had to check the date, thinking he can't be talking about his brand new LLV home. :oops: 😁

It is our brand new home! We literally pulled out the optioned 12 foot slider and stuck this new door in. Took us from 9 am in the morning to 1pm in the afternoon. That includes tear out. I knew my rough opening as I received that from the builder. You would order your Panoramic Door 1" smaller than rough opening (1/2 all the way around) to allow for shimming of the new door frame. Piece of cake!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

If done correctly you can make bank with pocketing/folding doors. We doubled the amount of $$$ that we put in our home when doing it right with Fleetwood’s products. You can see the products in most episodes of Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles. Be careful there are some brands that out there that make claims that don’t pan out. You got to test drive to make sure that you are getting your money’s worth. It is sure nice to come home to a house that you enjoy. Worth every penny!!! Now I just have to do it to our Havasu home.

EAB66C4A-692E-49F8-A9CF-680FF85E26E6.jpeg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
FYI, Our house is 90 years old.

ours is 40 but we have mosquitos like a mother fer and are a few houses down from a natural bottom riverbed. If i build where i want to these will be going in. Otherwise im gonna need the mother of all bug zappers.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I will add that we had something similar on our palm springs time share at pga west and i get why they are awesome. We just arent in a good spot...

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
ours is 40 but we have mosquitos like a mother fer and are a few houses down from a natural bottom riverbed. If i build where i want to these will be going in. Otherwise im gonna need the mother of all bug zappers.

LOL I hear you on your white privileged struggles. Fortunately our family was an early settler so we have been able to opress the less fortunate For generations. :looking:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Seems like it's missing something? Oh yea the extra photo we always get of the wifey.

DWC

Reaction score
Just for a point of reference, it would be nice to see a picture of your wife in the doorway. Suggestion from a friend. :cool:

badluck

Reaction score
We put in a 16’ pano door. I like it but we already have to replace the felt on the track. It’s about 2 yrs old. I’m not even sure if the dealer is still around where I bought it in nor cal