WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey Lam - we went full ReT@rd with new boat

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Sold the Ultra last year knowing we were going to make the jump to a waterspouts tow boat for the kids. Looked at building a 24 Ultra or 25 Nordic Rage as sort of a hybrid but when it came down to it, you just can't beat the amount of room and all the specialized features that come on these modern tow boats. We test drove them all and settled on the one we thought was the best all around boat that we could ski, tube, wakeboard, and yes...wake surf behind. We were very aware of the problem large wakes cause especially in Parker so we went with a boat that quickly and easily fills the ballast tanks and just as easily dumps them so we wouldn't be tempted to drive around with the tanks full. With the tanks empty the boat doesn't put out any larger of a wake than any other v bottom out there (this isn't true for all the boats out there as some use the actual shape of the boat to make most of the wake). So here it is...2016 MB Sports 23 foot B52. Powered by Inmar (Ford) Raptor 6.2L 400hp/400tq. So far we love it but it is definitely taking some getting used to going slow.

Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 27

TCHB

Reaction score
All these tow boats are pretty nice inside with lots of room. From what I can see they need more shade and a some type of ladder to get into the boat on the trailer.

Very nice boat!

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I did the same thing...looked at Eliminator, Hallett, and Nordic. But you can't beat the features of the wakeboats when it comes to family watersports. I was going to get the same boat before we found the deal on our malibu. Congrats!

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
All these tow boats are pretty nice inside with lots of room. From what I can see they need more shade and a some type of ladder to get into the boat on the trailer.

Very nice boat!

Ya Id agree. I've noticed a lot of the new boats at our local dealer are being ordered with a bow ladder on the trailer.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Very cool boat...we are most likely getting an f22 if we move to canyon lake due to length limits out there. My BIL just got an f21...they are awespme boats. Congrats!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Great looking boat. The family should enjoy it for years to come. Congrats.

Enen

Reaction score
It is hard to beat a wakeboard boat for water sports and family fun. Congrats on the new boat.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Guys with these newer style wakeboard boats. How do they do in the rough? The older ones I have been in were pretty scary in 2-3 swell.

fmo24

Reaction score
Nice boat. Are they still putting the two speed tranny in these or just using more horsepower ?

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Guys with these newer style wakeboard boats. How do they do in the rough? The older ones I have been in were pretty scary in 2-3 swell.
Rode in my BILs MB last weekend and came up on some wakes and I braced myself for impact...when riding in older ones they beat the shit out of you. This thing went over like a normal V hull...I was blown away.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Nice boat. Are they still putting the two speed tranny in these or just using more horsepower ?
No tranny. They are a 2 to 1 reduction. The MB comes with 3 options...400hp 440hp and Rouch 575hp supercharged all based on the 6.2 Raptor engine produced by Indmar.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score

Like Lynch said, they said like a normal V now. I have the LSA 555hp in my 24' Malibu, runs about 52 here at 3500ft. I'm anxious to see how it does at the river in a couple weeks

hallett21

Reaction score
If they figure out how to build one that will break 65 and throw a good wake performance builders are going to be in trouble. Congrats on the new sled!

Hammer

Reaction score
Congrats. I spent the weekend in a wakeboard boat, I get the appeal but I couldn't imagine cruising to the springs or topock in one.

Just not for me. Anyhow congrats, great to see you make the change for the kids! [emoji1303]

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
No tranny. They are a 2 to 1 reduction. The MB comes with 3 options...400hp 440hp and Rouch 575hp supercharged all based on the 6.2 Raptor engine produced by Indmar.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Lynch is correct. They run 1.74 trans in the 2016's, gives more options on props. Another reason we chose the MB was the rough water handling. The supra's and MB's seemed to handle the chop best, not nearly as good as a bigger steep vee but as good as many smaller custom vees.

Stock it came with a surf prop that ran 24 mph at 4000 rpm  But that was for the guys running at higher altitudes. We went up a size for surfing and run 28 mph at 4000 rpm, also have a larger prop for cruising which puts us in mid 30's for cruising and skiing. Should put us in the low 40's top speed. Oh well that's the price you play to tow your kids around.

Chris

Sbarry

Reaction score
Very nice ride! Congrats [emoji1360] These dang towboats are pretty appealing

Got a question: how are these things around the dock and trailer? I've never driven a direct drive

Sbarry

Reaction score
Very cool boat...we are most likely getting an f22 if we move to canyon lake due to length limits out there. My BIL just got an f21...they are awespme boats. Congrats!

You sure you'll have luck with the POA getting the F22 on the water? Max overall length on CL is 21'6"... That might be why your BIL went with the F21?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

Got a question: how are these things around the dock and trailer? I've never driven a direct drive

They are OK. No reverse control. For a regular boater they are no stress.

Congrats on the boat SEP!

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
You sure you'll have luck with the POA getting the F22 on the water? Max overall length on CL is 21'6"... That might be why your BIL went with the F21?
They don't measure tgey go off rego and the dealer calls it 21'6" for that reason...there are quite a few f22s out there.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score

They are a v drive now and handle just like one...you can control great going forward as they have a big prop and you can go anyway you want in reverse as long as you want to go right...lol

Sbarry

Reaction score
They don't measure tgey go off rego and the dealer calls it 21'6" for that reason...there are quite a few f22s out there.

I know for a fact they measure. Know a couple guys with Placecraft 22's out there and the POA measured.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
I know for a fact they measure. Know a couple guys with Placecraft 22's out there and the POA measured.
My BILs boat all they did was check his registration...the f22 measures at 21'10" we were tied up with 2 f22s last weekend.

Raffit78

Reaction score
Congrats on the boat, thats a good looking boat. Kids and wakeboard boats go hand in hand.

It's not who gets the fastest from point a to point b. It's the journey in between. :)

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome ride! I was pretty into wake boarding when I first got my boat and had some friends with big Mastercrafts. Been a fan ever since :thumbsup

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Nice boat. Congratulations Chris. You need a towable? I have a nice one where not using anymore. It's in the classified section if so.

mbrown2

Reaction score

They drive amazing around docks and such...although you don't have direct steering in reverse there is a way you can get them to go a direction you want in reverse....by pitching the nose forward in the direction you want to go and then using reverse...its gets easier with practice..

BTW congrats on the new boat to the OP....

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Congrats! Have several friends with F22's and B52's with whom I ride regularly. MB nailed it with the redesigned B52 and they're selling a ton.

Was on an F22 in Parker a couple weeks ago.
Image1465189159.577282.jpg

Check out my friend's site www.mbboatowners.com for fixes to the common issues that pop up. Keep an eye on the shaft seal, they like to loosen up on occasion.

-Zack