WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey LAM!!

Cray Paper

Reaction score
The past 4 or 5 years have been rough but I have kept my chin up and pushing forward. I have been sniffing around for several months trying to find the "right" used Challenger to buy and a couple of weeks ago while killing time with my kids I stumbled across a new 2019 scat pack wide body at a great price.

I didn't have the docs signed but had an agreement and my credit had been pulled when I had to leave, when I came back (when I said I would 2 hours later that day) they told me some BS story and had sold the car to another guy. The ensuing shit show was something out of auto sales in the 80's. My kids were with me so I was as civil as I could be but left without the car. I went back the next day to take them up on another offer they had presented and the shit show continued.

I get a phone call today from the same dealer, the guy that supposedly put 10K down a week before I saw the car couldn't get financed and it was available. It was black on black with every option except the hell cat engine. Long story short, I bought the brand new white loaded scat pack wide body for the same price. IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0246.JPG
IMG_0235.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0235.JPG

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
These are fun cars, the only issue I have with my widebody is that the rear fender flares take a beating. After this pic I switched out the lug nuts for black ones, the chrome ones just didn't look right to me and I painted the sliver Dodge stripes on center caps the same color red the 392 is.
20190103_113904.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Awesome and congrats. I think the Scat Pack variant is the best one anyway.

Question - What is it with the Dodge guys leaving the yellow front splitter protection on these and the Chargers? I see them all over with the yellow tape still on them.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Awesome and congrats. I think the Scat Pack variant is the best one anyway.

Question - What is it with the Dodge guys leaving the yellow front splitter protection on these and the Chargers? I see them all over with the yellow tape still on them.

I don't get it either, I removed mine as soon as I got it home. They say on them "to be removed by dealer", I know of people buying them off of ebay and putting them back on.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Hell yeah!!!! Congrats. If I wasn't such a hard core Mustang guy, your EXACT car would be what I would have bought!!! 6spd?

Again, congrats. White Scat with wide body = perfect. Dodge did such a great job on that car.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I have driven it to work the past couple days and love it. I was expecting more tramming from the 305 tires but it rarely happens. The brakes are just crazy, so touchy, feels like they could stop a freight train. It has less than 500 miles so I have been taking it easy on the throttle but a couple of hard pulls from 2nd gear haven't broken the rears loose yet, albeit that is with the performance pages set to sport. It sticks like glue in the corners though, surprised a guy with a brand new Porsche 718 Boxter S this morning on the way to work. The look on his face was priceless after closing bus lengths on his spirited driving in the twisties.

I took my sons for a ride tonight, they frigging love the car. Hell, I love the car, it does everything I wanted, with tons of gadgets and is super comfortable. Not a Dodge fan but they nailed it with this car. Lots of power, aggressive, roomy, comfortable, great interior, killer stereo, the list goes on and on. Just hope it's reliable.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
The brakes on these cars a fkn amazing! That said, if they used the same pads on the Scat cars as they do on the HCs, they are HORRIBLE for brake dust! I switch to a set of CF Power Stops, and it stops just as well, and WAY less brake dust! Keep an eye on the front wheels and calipers. If they look shitty in just a couple days there is a cheap easy option.