WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey LEO dudes....

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
but the signs says "Autos with trailers / trucks 55mph"

A MC is neither of those.

The speed limit is 25 in a residential area even though there may not be a sign to indicate that.

Your responsibility to know the laws despite any signage not being present.

dribble

Reaction score
but the signs says "Autos with trailers / trucks 55mph"

A MC is neither of those.

No person may drive any of the following vehicles on a highway at a speed in excess of 55 miles per hour:

(a) A motortruck or truck tractor having three or more axles or any motortruck or truck tractor drawing any other vehicle.

(b) A passenger vehicle or bus drawing any other vehicle.

(c) A schoolbus transporting any school pupil.

(d) A farm labor vehicle when transporting passengers.

(e) A vehicle transporting explosives.

(f) A trailer bus, as defined in Section 636.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

No person may drive any of the following vehicles on a highway at a speed in excess of 55 miles per hour:

(a) A motortruck or truck tractor having three or more axles or any motortruck or truck tractor drawing any other vehicle.

(b) A passenger vehicle or bus drawing any other vehicle.

(c) A schoolbus transporting any school pupil.

(d) A farm labor vehicle when transporting passengers.

(e) A vehicle transporting explosives.

(f) A trailer bus, as defined in Section 636.
And busses never do the 55 and they use the HOV lanes also. I've been passed by busses when I'm doing 75.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
And busses never do the 55 and they use the HOV lanes also. I've been passed by busses when I'm doing 75.

I think this is interpreted as towing another vehicle. Ie rv's with toads and the like
Busses and rvs aren't subject to special hov Lane and speed restrictions such as the 55mph rule from my understanding

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I think this is interpreted as towing another vehicle. Ie rv's with toads and the like
Busses and rvs aren't subject to special hov Lane and speed restrictions such as the 55mph rule from my understanding

But busses have the 3 axle. So do some rv's

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
But busses have the 3 axle. So do some rv's

https://www.pe.com/2018/08/05/theyr...carpool-lanes-unless-theyre-towing-something/

Q: Tamara Thibodeau, who lives in the San Diego area, asked if it’s legal for a large Class A RV (16 tons) to tow a car in an HOV lane if it is “flat-towed,” with the car’s four wheels on the ground. She also asked if it’s legal if it is towed in such a way that only two of the car’s wheels are on the ground. She said she has a two-wheel-towing dolly rated for 70 mph by the manufacturer.

A: The RV driver is not allowed to tow anything and drive in the HOV lanes, according to California Highway Patrol Officer Steve Carapia of the CHP’s Inland Division, He said an RV is considered a passenger vehicle, and the rules are no different than if our readers were driving a standard car. In the California Vehicle Code, RVs fall under the definition of a “house car.” RVs are not considered motor trucks and even though an RV may have three axles, it is not restricted to the 55 mph limit or restricted to driving in the right-hand lanes. However, once the RV tows something – regardless of what it is or how it is towed – the RV would now be subject to CVC section 22406 (b) (“A passenger vehicle or bus drawing any other vehicle,” subject to the 55 mph speed limit on a highway) and CVC 22348 (c) (driving in the right hand lanes).

kiethco

Reaction score
This is something we deal with all the time at the AMA. Cities pass ordinances, HOA's pass regulations (Canyon Lake) that prohibit any motorcycle from being ridden onto the property and now CA tightens the exhaust rule for all motor vehicles. What drives this legislation? We do, period, end of story. I'm so tired of lobbying lawmakers for motorcycle rights when I see the idiots blasting down P.C.H. and my neighborhood setting off alarms and more. Nothing turns an unbiased voter into an activist quicker than getting harassed by loud pipes.

It's the same thing with boats. In the Dualsport motorcycle world we've pretty much cracked this nut. Stealth is the new loud, it preserves riding areas big time. And don't even start with the loud pipes save lives b.s.. That's cost more lives than imaginable. Loud shirts save lives. Ask anyone that drives code 3 for a living.
Every ordinance that gets passed is due to citizens complaining to council members or state legislators. If we don't police ourselves, this is what we get, $1000.00 tickets, discrimination, loss of rights.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This is something we deal with all the time at the AMA. Cities pass ordinances, HOA's pass regulations (Canyon Lake) that prohibit any motorcycle from being ridden onto the property and now CA tightens the exhaust rule for all motor vehicles. What drives this legislation? We do, period, end of story. I'm so tired of lobbying lawmakers for motorcycle rights when I see the idiots blasting down P.C.H. and my neighborhood setting off alarms and more. Nothing turns an unbiased voter into an activist quicker than getting harassed by loud pipes.

It's the same thing with boats. In the Dualsport motorcycle world we've pretty much cracked this nut. Stealth is the new loud, it preserves riding areas big time. And don't even start with the loud pipes save lives b.s.. That's cost more lives than imaginable. Loud shirts save lives. Ask anyone that drives code 3 for a living.
Every ordinance that gets passed is due to citizens complaining to council members or state legislators. If we don't police ourselves, this is what we get, $1000.00 tickets, discrimination, loss of rights.

Gotta agree with almost everything you've said here. But it's not you and me (us). It's the 1% of the fucking morons that abuse what we have. Pretty sure you know crowdog and his fight to keep the dunes open. He gave up cause he would show up at a BLM meeting documenting how his clean up crews and programs were working, and then some lib would step up to the podium with a video of some fucktard intentionally running over the plants!

You can't fix stupid. And the stupids are ruining it for the rest of us. Can't imagine how this world will look in a hundred years from now.

What DS do you have?? I think I have my Harley sold.....

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Gotta agree with almost everything you've said here. But it's not you and me (us). It's the 1% of the fucking morons that abuse what we have. Pretty sure you know crowdog and his fight to keep the dunes open. He gave up cause he would show up at a BLM meeting documenting how his clean up crews and programs were working, and then some lib would step up to the podium with a video of some fucktard intentionally running over the plants!

You can't fix stupid. And the stupids are ruining it for the rest of us. Can't imagine how this world will look in a hundred years from now.

What DS do you have?? I think I have my Harley sold.....

I said it earlier but these last two posts are correct. Its a trickle down of stupidity by the few, that hurts everyone.

In most communities, with most cops, its really hard to get on their radar unless you are scandalous. Yes, there will be stories of how you were stopped for no reason (could happen) and how the cop thought you were up to no good when you were not doing anything wrong. It happens but is the exception.

I know that things like street racing and the associated violations including, loud exhaust have been hot buttons for some time in certain communities. Its the guys that are winding it out in each gear that will get the attention. Don’t be that guy and you are likely good.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I said it earlier but these last two posts are correct. Its a trickle down of stupidity by the few, that hurts everyone.

In most communities, with most cops, its really hard to get on their radar unless you are scandalous. Yes, there will be stories of how you were stopped for no reason (could happen) and how the cop thought you were up to no good when you were not doing anything wrong. It happens but is the exception.

I know that things like street racing and the associated violations including, loud exhaust have been hot buttons for some time in certain communities. Its the guys that are winding it out in each gear that will get the attention. Don’t be that guy and you are likely good.

I couple hundred dollar fine, I'll roll the dice.

A 1000.00?? Fuck that. Pretty sure it's sold, and I'll put the stock pipes back on first. Timing worked out well for me. *phew*