WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey LOF

Nordie

Reaction score
20210517_152928.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

So what you are saying is that there is not an open desert where people could build storage facilities, nor are there any houses with giant RV garages where people can store their boats and toys?

I have one final question though that no one has ever been able to answer aside from telling me "It just works everywhere else!!"

Who signs up to have their boat stored here with crap raining down on it from the boats above? I am certain all those alcantara interiors, expensive stereos and sea deck flooring will do great constantly getting the dirty and oily water rained down on them week after week from the boats above. :)

Before you say covers... how many $300K+ Havasu boat have actual weatherproof snap on covers. And who would put snaps in their boat just to run a cover for rack storage, just to get it peed on from above.

20210517_152928.jpg

Nordie

Reaction score
So what you are saying is that there is not an open desert where people could build storage facilities, nor are there any houses with giant RV garages where people can store their boats and toys?

I have one final question though that no one has ever been able to answer aside from telling me "It just works everywhere else!!"

Who signs up to have their boat stored here with crap raining down on it from the boats above? I am certain all those alcantara interiors, expensive stereos and sea deck flooring will do great constantly getting the dirty and oily water rained down on them week after week from the boats above. :)

Before you say covers... how many $300K+ Havasu boat have actual weatherproof snap on covers. And who would put snaps in their boat just to run a cover for rack storage, just to get it peed on from above.

View attachment 1003420

No idea, but it looks like the doors close

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Our cabin cruiser is kept in rack storage. Over a decade and only one time has there been crap drip down from above. Kind of surprising but true.

I guess people aren’t paying to store piles of shit that leak. Management might also speak up if there are leaks, they paid to have ours cleaned.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No idea, but it looks like the doors close

That is the entire problem. They will close the doors at night, open in the morning. wind and dirt blowing through the building all day and 100+ degree temps for 6 months out of the year. Those are all utilitarian boats. They get hosed out when dirty. If I asked you if you'd put your $300k+ DCB on a rack in that circled spot even if it was in a building you'd still say hell no. How about a $500k boat? You'd still say no Vs. storing the boat in its own insulated private garage storage unit.

The boating culture is different in Havasu, the boats are stored and used differently. No other town in the country has the house size to garage size ratio that Havasu has, and that is the difference that sucks the wind out of rack storage at any scale.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Our cabin cruiser is kept in rack storage. Over a decade and only one time has there been crap drip down from above. Kind of surprising but true.

I guess people aren’t paying to store piles of shit that leak. Management might also speak up if there are leaks, they paid to have ours cleaned.

It only takes once, and It dripped on your diamond stitched alcantara I'm sure :). There is still dirty water dripping everywhere on everything. These aren't fishing boats, they aren't cabin cruisers, they are all floating exotic cars.

Given the choice EVERYONE would rather have their boat in their own storage unit or garage and just pay for valet service.

HAVASUSUN

Reaction score
It freaked me out at first. My boat is on the bigger side for rack type storage so it is always stored on the very bottom. Stuff dripping on it has not really been a problem for me but I see where it could happen. I have the crew wash the boat when they launch it for me so that could be why I don’t see any dripage. It works for me because I live out of state. I don’t have a house or vehicle other than the boat in FL. I fly in, jump on the boat and takeoff.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It freaked me out at first. My boat is on the bigger side for rack type storage so it is always stored on the very bottom. Stuff dripping on it has not really been a problem for me but I see where it could happen. I have the crew wash the boat when they launch it for me so that could be why I don’t see any dripage. It works for me because I live out of state. I don’t have a house or vehicle other than the boat in FL. I fly in, jump on the boat and takeoff.

You have a bunch of high end suede interior like this, and exposed high end electronics right? I don't see anything downside with any of that getting a bunch of dirty water on it, ever.

dcbm35tnt-02.jpg

RDP says "Supersoakers in the channel must be stopped, my boat interior can't get wet"

RDP also says "I want rack storage and don't care if I'm on the bottom rack under 2 other wet boats."

Last edited:

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Widen the shot so I can see the vast expanse of open land directly next to the shed with boats stacked up in it :p

I have followed these threads for a while and was was wondering is there even water front land available where this can be a possibility? All the other obstacles aside?

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
It only takes once, and It dripped on your diamond stitched alcantara I'm sure :). There is still dirty water dripping everywhere on everything. These aren't fishing boats, they aren't cabin cruisers, they are all floating exotic cars.

Given the choice EVERYONE would rather have their boat in their own storage unit or garage and just pay for valet service.

Our pile is pre diamond stitch, thankfully lol. Agree on separate unit. We have valet, call ahead and she’s in the water fueled ready to push off. Just kept in a indoor rack building.

Cabin cruisers can easily rival the exotics. Instead of floating cars, they’re floating condos...

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Guys we are way off topic here. This will not happen they can’t even get a launch ramp

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have followed these threads for a while and was was wondering is there even water front land available where this can be a possibility? All the other obstacles aside?

There is no waterfront housing on the Havasu side, there never will be. The issue is that unless the rack service is 100% valet rack service, you are screwed, as you need Ice, food, drinks and the boat gassed up. This is all certainly possible, but is it probable at any scale in Havasu? No, not beyond a couple dozen boats. At best the Riviera folks could drive a golf cart to the rack facility. No one is going to want to do that when its 105 out, and not from across town. So they are going to load up their car with their crap for the day, go to the dock then take the crap from their car to their boat or pay someone to do all that for them. Possible, yes, probable at any sort of scale beyond a couple dozen boats? No.

If it is not 100% valet (more probable) - Unless you are completely prepared with everything you need at your house, you got to drive back into town, shop, then drive back down to the rack dock, hump your crap down to the boat, load the boat and load and launch the boat, in the 100+ degree heat? About 0 people want to do that in Havasu.

Add to that you will need a multi million dollar buildout for the facility and infrastructure, making the monthly cost $1K+ per boat or more.

Beyond the "This is how it works in every other lake in America." argument, no one can ever answer any of my questions :)

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
There is no waterfront housing on the Havasu side, there never will be. The issue is that unless the rack service is 100% valet rack service, you are screwed, as you need Ice, food, drinks and the boat gassed up. This is all certainly possible, but is it probable at any scale in Havasu? No, not beyond a couple dozen boats. At best the Riviera folks could drive a golf cart to the rack facility. No one is going to want to do that when its 105 out, and not from across town. So they are going to load up their car with their crap for the day, go to the dock then take the crap from their car to their boat or pay someone to do all that for them. Possible, yes, probable at any sort of scale beyond a couple dozen boats? No.

If it is not 100% valet (more probable) - Unless you are completely prepared with everything you need at your house, you got to drive back into town, shop, then drive back down to the rack dock, hump your crap down to the boat, load the boat and load and launch the boat, in the 100+ degree heat? About 0 people want to do that in Havasu.

Add to that you will need a multi million dollar buildout for the facility and infrastructure, making the monthly cost $1K+ per boat or more.

Beyond the "This is how it works in every other lake in America." argument, no one can ever answer any of my questions :)

LOL. Sounds like you are finally coming around to the idea of rack storage in Havasu. :looking:

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
They are selling the house, so hopefully no more renters.

I saw that lady yesterday dragging that crap to the curb. It wont be picked up so you'll have to look at it sit there.

When I walk my dog at night I used to check out the car of the week sitting there. Always buying cars and never parting with the old ones...those guys.