WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey Mods..

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Why dont you delete that fuckin Jena Jamison thread...another dumbass rick roll piece of shit, I lost a fucking project that I was working for four fricken hours...asswipe...:beer:beer

Come on JBB..do your magic!!!:swear:swear

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Bilge...I wish I knew where this guy is..Id like to personally thank him!!!:swear:swear

Damn...Im pissed...son of a bitch...dammit..:swear:skull

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Why dont you delete that fuckin Jena Jamison thread...another dumbass rick roll piece of shit, I lost a fucking project that I was working for four fricken hours...asswipe...:beer:beer

So what you're saying is..... after spending four hours working on a project,

you thought you would click on some Jenna and rub one out?

J/K - Link has been removed :p

~Bilge

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
So what you're saying is..... after spending four hours working on a project,

you thought you would click on some Jenna and rub one out?

J/K - Link has been removed :p

~Bilge

Well DAH!!!!:eek::eek:

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I don't understand how you can lose work over a Rick Roll?? Do you have to reboot your computer everytime??

Director...
Reaction score

I think you are repressing your true feelings.........tell us how you feel..:)....Deleting threads is kinda Daves call....He didnt specifically prohibit Rick Rolling.....so I dont know what he'll do ...It's his place ...and his decision.....

In the meantime....If you right click and look at properties before you click....It might save a project or two..;)

pw383426

Reaction score
Wow I clicked it and got a laugh out of it, thought it would be funny to share with others and have them get their friends.

Didn't relize this place is like thumpertalk...

Director...
Reaction score
Wow I clicked it and got a laugh out of it, thought it would be funny to share with others and have them get their friends.

Didn't relize this place is like thumpertalk...

Pretty broad generalization..:hmm..This place is not like Thumpertalk...

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what lower bushings the swing arm on my KX-250 is going to take?

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
...another dumbass rick roll piece of shit...

I didn't click on that link but if I had, I'm sure I wouldn't have enjoyed the experience. It's gone from juvenile and amusing to moronic and ignorant.

Still, RD is running a more socially liberal site. If you want more aggressive moderating, and don't mind the odd one of your posts being deleted or moved to Gray Water Storage, you can always hang out over on PerformanceBoats.com.

By the way, what's with not backing up four hours of work? When I lost a hard disk on my server and the root partition hadn't been backed up in over six months, I didn't get pissed off at Seagate.

The guy in the mirror has to take some responsibility too. That goes with a more open site like Dave is running.

Rickrolling is a pissy thing to do, though.

Sorry, BBD. I know it's an ass fucking when that stuff happens but you pick up the pieces of your wrecked bike, do your best to keep dirt and debris out of your compound fracture, and walk back to your Honda Element.

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what lower bushings the swing arm on my KX-250 is going to take?

Could be a problem, if the shaft is crankshafted, it will be a bitch, but only for U.S. bikes, I done know about the Canadian bikes!!!!:D:D:D

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Sorry i couldn't resist!!! :D :D

crying_baby.jpg

:lmao

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
BOO-HOO.....suck it up BBD. :point:D:beer

stoker22405

Reaction score

Come on JBB..do your magic!!!:swear:swear[/QUOte

You should never mix buisness with pleasure...Let this be a lesson to you BajaBigGrouch....:D

PropCop

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Flippin whiner....:fsakes
27ac807.gif

fagqg5.jpg

hagarkk8.jpg

Maybe we should call you a...
waaambulance.jpg

Or do you need something to drink...
whinekinpq3.jpg

Topless

Reaction score
I don't understand how the hell you lose a project over a Rick Roll.

BajaMike

Reaction score
That "Rick Rolling" shit (and anything else that takes you to web stites you can't get out of) should be banned.....they are not funny, not cute, not cool. And the assholes that put them up should be banned too.

:beer

BajaMike

Reaction score
I don't understand how the hell you lose a project over a Rick Roll.

Some of those sites get you locked into the web page, and it keeps opening up over and over. Sometimes the only way to stop it is shut down your computer.

And they can have tons of cookies and spyware........:swear

Topless

Reaction score
Some of those sites get you locked into the web page, and it keeps opening up over and over. Sometime the only way to stop it is shut down your computer.

And they can have tons of cookies and spyware........:swear
True, but Rick Roll isn't one of them. It's just annoying.

pw383426

Reaction score
That "Rick Rolling" shit (and anything else that takes you to web stites you can't get out of) should be banned.....they are not funny, not cute, not cool. And the assholes that put them up should be banned too.

:beer

New name for you, ThumpertalkMike :D

BadBlown572

A/B Team Liaison
Reaction score
Honestly, I agree with him. When on the computer, i am frequently doing multiple tasks at once. For example, I was searching for information on the Franchise Tax Board's website the other day, when I first clicked on that thread. It took me probably 30 minutes to find the page that I needed. While that was up, I took a break and started looking at this site. I honestly expected it to be a link to something interesting. RichieRch often posts good gossip that is fun to read. I thought that this was one of those types of sites. Yet when I open it up, I couldn't close it down. Luckily it was not like the Rick Roll where it is obnoxious music in the background. So, I just minimized it, saved the page in my favorites, and had to ctrl+alt+del out of IE to get rid of it. I didn't loose anything, but had to still restart IE. Still, I think that it is a pain in the ass to deal with. It was kind of funny the first time, but after that, it just gets annoying.

I am a full supporter of the mods giving vacations to people who put it up. At this point in time, it has lost all of its humor and has just become annoying.

Just my $.02

pw383426

Reaction score
Honestly, I agree with him. When on the computer, i am frequently doing multiple tasks at once. For example, I was searching for information on the Franchise Tax Board's website the other day, when I first clicked on that thread. It took me probably 30 minutes to find the page that I needed. While that was up, I took a break and started looking at this site. I honestly expected it to be a link to something interesting. RichieRch often posts good gossip that is fun to read. I thought that this was one of those types of sites. Yet when I open it up, I couldn't close it down. Luckily it was not like the Rick Roll where it is obnoxious music in the background. So, I just minimized it, saved the page in my favorites, and had to ctrl+alt+del out of IE to get rid of it. I didn't loose anything, but had to still restart IE. Still, I think that it is a pain in the ass to deal with. It was kind of funny the first time, but after that, it just gets annoying.

I am a full supporter of the mods giving vacations to people who put it up. At this point in time, it has lost all of its humor and has just become annoying.

Just my $.02

Sorry, it just made me laugh cause I fell for it, thought it might be funny for others to get their friends with. Won't happen again

BadBlown572

A/B Team Liaison
Reaction score
Sorry, it just made me laugh cause I fell for it, thought it might be funny for others to get their friends with. Won't happen again

I agree that it was funny the first time, but after that, it kind of becomes a pain. Mainly because I am just too big of an idiot to check out the properties before clicking on the link. ;)

Stalkaholic

Run but ya can't hide...
Reaction score
Honestly, there is a much safer (and funnier IMHO due to the fact that it has the "prairie dog" in it) somewhat of a Rick Roll on You Tube. HM posted it on Hot Boat, and honestly it still makes you laugh without having to hard reset your PC to stop it.

[video=youtube;MfUaqTKWF8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfUaqTKWF8w[/video]

BajaMike

Reaction score
Honestly, there is a much safer (and funnier IMHO due to the fact that it has the "prairie dog" in it) somewhat of a Rick Roll on You Tube. HM posted it on Hot Boat, and honestly it still makes you laugh without having to hard reset your PC to stop it.

Click here for a funny but computer safe Rick Roll

See, I don't have a problem with a properly labeled Rick Roll, you get warned and it's your own risk.

It's the sneaky, missleading stuff that bugs me.....:smackhead

Stalkaholic

Run but ya can't hide...
Reaction score
See, I don't have a problem with a properly labeled Rick Roll, you get warned and it's your own risk.

It's the sneaky, missleading stuff that bugs me.....:smackhead

I halfway agree with you. Part of what makes a Rick Roll funny is the fact that you think you're clicking on a link to something else and it ends up being something you're not expecting. If it's a labeled Rick Roll, then you won't click on it and it's no longer a joke.

However...you shouldn't link it to something that can be potentially damaging to a person's PC. When you do that, then it makes it to where you have to check the link properties for pretty much any link you click on just because you no longer trust that links won't be potentially damaging to your PC, and it takes the fun out of being on a message board.

At least if you disguise the link to the YouTube Rick Roll, you get the joke without the potential PC damage.

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
I've had it actually crash a machine of mine that I had a bunch of windows on and not much resource left to handle all the leaping windows. Not much fun when you have a lot of work going and lose and have to restart a bunch of programs or websites you've got time invested in working on or finding.

Excuse me for the intrusion. I just felt the need to whine a bit about something and couldn't find anything offensive to move or delete on the other site. ;)

PropCop

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Excuse me for the intrusion. I just felt the need to whine a bit about something and couldn't find anything offensive to move or delete on the other site. ;)

Now that is funny!! :lmao :beer:beer

R

Retired Member

I agree that it was funny the first time, but after that, it kind of becomes a pain. Mainly because I am just too big of an idiot to check out the properties before clicking on the link. ;)

Yo D,

So this is why you really had to go home. In ie, go to "view", then status bar...... This will bring a bar at the bottom of the page, it shows the link url as you roll over it.

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
Yo D,

So this is why you really had to go home. In ie, go to "view", then status bar...... This will bring a bar at the bottom of the page, it shows the link url as you roll over it.

That's how firefox is too.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

LMAO!

While many "Grey" areas exist here at RiverDavesPLace the is no Grey Storage. :D

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Who came up with the term "Rick Roll"?:lmao

I highly suggest you delete you post...it could get real ugly!!:D:D:D

I also highly suggest you dont hit ANY suggested links the fine people here will direct you to, or screw it..hit um anyways:):beer

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I don't understand how you can lose work over a Rick Roll?? Do you have to reboot your computer everytime??

I do. A complete shut down, and re-start.
We loose everything.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
I'm all for a fun forum but this kind of childish crap is just that, BAN THE POS, JMO:swear NSF

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
If you hit control+Alt+delete........a task manager will pop up and you can just shut down your browser, no need for a complete shut down. :) I think the Rick Roll is funny :)

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Yes and I've since given that chick up, ran around, and deserted her.