WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

hey Shasta locals.....

H2O

Reaction score
Planning a trip to Shasta the first week of September (after Labor Day.)

Looking at places to stay and found a couple of nice Air BnB's on the outskirts of Shasta Lake (town or village?). Looks like that is fairly close to Centimudi Boat Launch.

What can you tell me about Centimudi Boat Launch? Safe place to leave your tow vehicle for the day? Aside from launching at the far end of the lake, and reason to take a longer drive in the AM or stay closer to the marina at Bridge Bay?

Haven't been there for almost 20 years, but went to Bridge Bay last time and it was a nice central location for exploring the lake. Never been to Centimudi.

FWIW - Saw a funny google review of Centimudi...but might be a local trying to keep tourists away - "The fee is too high and your car will get broken into. Probably more than once cause crackheads are forgetful. Also, put your plug in."

PS - If you don't want to give away local secrets on a public board, feel free to send me a PM. :cool:

Thx !!!

Last edited:

tunnel vision

Reaction score
I’m here now, Lakehead camp ground camping though. Boat ramp is $14 a day, and fuck me I feel like I’m in a homeless camp!

With that said we have no TV reception, but watching the meth heads is a good time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

707dog

Reaction score
Been to bridge bay a few times never had issues with people messing with cars or boats. Yes your kind of in the middle to head up any arm. Plenty of water too

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I’m here now, Lakehead camp ground camping though. Boat ramp is $14 a day, and fuck me I feel like I’m in a homeless camp!

With that said we have no TV reception, but watching the meth heads is a good time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which one? Across from Basshole, or down towards Sugarloaf?

lenmann

Reaction score
Bridge Bay is centrally located on the lake and probably a better drive towing from Shasta City (I-5 vs a two lane twisty) depending on where you are staying.

My houseboat is moored at Bridge Bay and I haven't had any problems in the 7 years I have been there. There is security, sort of, which is better than the nothing you get at Centimudi.

BTW Centimudi ramp has been closed so far this year due to debris from the fires and high lake level. Probably not an issue by the time you are here.

https://krcrtv.com/news/shasta-coun...llect-at-centimudi-boat-launch-on-shasta-lake

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I just got back 2 weeks ago. There was a lot of debris two weeks ago near there by the dam

You said September so you should be good by then. It was already starting to clear up for us.

My buddy got some drone footage mid June of the marina just to the north of there. Total shit show

Otherwise that’s a great location.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Bay Bridge is the place to launch. People are not joking about the crack heads, theft or break in's. On a side note, I would drive to Centumundi to pick up some of the drift wood. When we lived there, we picked up some absolutely amazing pieces!

One thing to watch, it's absolutely hysterical....you will see almost all street walkers with a backpack. Shasta and Redding are absolutely gorgeous, but the drug issues are incredible! We moved up there and almost immediately turned around to come back to SoCal. Everyone gets broken in to, meth heads everywhere, your afraid to leave your home because of the break in's and now they just let them back out if they get caught. With that said, Shasta and Wiskeytown lake are fun. We were at the lake about 3-4 days a week.

H2O

Reaction score
Bay Bridge is the place to launch. People are not joking about the crack heads, theft or break in's. On a side note, I would drive to Centumundi to pick up some of the drift wood. When we lived there, we picked up some absolutely amazing pieces!

One thing to watch, it's absolutely hysterical....you will see almost all street walkers with a backpack. Shasta and Redding are absolutely gorgeous, but the drug issues are incredible! We moved up there and almost immediately turned around to come back to SoCal. Everyone gets broken in to, meth heads everywhere, your afraid to leave your home because of the break in's and now they just let them back out if they get caught. With that said, Shasta and Wiskeytown lake are fun. We were at the lake about 3-4 days a week.

Thanks for the info....Man that is really a bummer about the drug issues. Seems epidemic in smaller towns across the US now.

When we were at Shasta-Whiskeytown-Trintity Lakesmany years ago it just seemed like normal rural America. Don't remember hearing too much about drugs-theft, etc, but maybe we didn't stary long enough to notice?

Hearing the same kind of things about now Oroville too.

Last edited:

bocco

Reaction score
Stayed at ridge Bay a few weeks ago all was fine there. We did not go into Shasta city. Be sure to fill your boat tip top before launching. Gas was $5.79 on the water.

EPL

Reaction score
Bri

Bridge Bay is going to be the best place to go !! As for COCA COLA COWBAY I don't know what gated area you live in but if you think Redding has more problems them So Cal your in a dream world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
In my 15 years in Anderson and 3 previous years in Jones valley not once did anything of mine ever get broken into or stolen.
I left my 3 car shop overhead open by accident for 3 days once while we went to Cleveland. Nothing gone.

I loved living there. Had 4 acres.
I only launched at Jones valley or Bridge Bay.
Not once in 15+ years of boating was anything ever messed with at any time.
But I never used those launches being mentioned in the other posts.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
We stayed at Bridge Bay for Fathers Day. They do a nice job of keeping it safe & clean. Staff was fantastic

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Bri
Bridge Bay is going to be the best place to go !! As for COCA COLA COWBAY I don't know what gated area you live in but if you think Redding has more problems them So Cal your in a dream world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry! I'm very biased as we had a horrible experience. I'd have to write books about my experiences up there, but most of my data comes from my family that is law enforcement and medical field that live up there. That compounded with the crazy experiences and the inability to use the local parks because the homeless drug users when we lived up there. I will say, it was amazing getting fastracked for a Concealed Carry and I thoroughly enjoyed the lakes and mountains.