WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

High Performance Boat Insurance?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I've seen ads for Wozencraft Insurance in Hot Boat, Performance Boat, etc. I've also found a company called Markel that writes for high performance boats.

Any recommendations or any experiences with either that you want to share?

Or some other company you know that writes in California?

I'm asking for high performance boat insurance due to the engine HP (TCM 975) and the fact the boat can probably do 80+ in the right conditions.

Thanks!
DHR

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I've seen ads for Wozencraft Insurance in Hot Boat, Performance Boat, etc. I've also found a company called Markel that writes for high performance boats.

Good luck EVER getting a call back from them...Tried multiple times in 2020...never would give them the time of day again. Some guys have good luck with them...just my experience on a brand new build.

We use Nikki Bostick insurance out of el cahon. 619-303-4108.. Jennifer Yeager is likely who you will work with. She's awesome. I insure a couple boats and 3 trailers with her. Nikki's husband is Bostick Racing engines...they are river people...they are prompt...always answer or call back fast and they are well versed in LLC ownership.

A lot of guys here use brad stern...he seems to be good as well.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I have had great service from Devin Wozencraft, he is the one insuring my new Cigarette, the guy lives for boating, and i get that some people have had issues with return calls and i think that is why he hired more people, but i have never had an issue,

Give him a call you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain having the proper policy

Apex svt

Reaction score
WIA

Foremost

Total Dollar

Give these three a try. Good luck, insurance on boats isn’t a fun time. At least for me it wasn’t.

Reactions: DWC

farmo83

Reaction score
I live in texas and many of the above don't I sure here, that having been said foremost was the only person that would cover my schiada

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I tried everyone above and ended up saving almost 50% going with State Farm the last two policies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
We have had all of our boats over the years with State Farm, I just sold my Howard only a 525, but it was $80.00 per month. It would hit 80. Just a reference point.

77 SLEEK

Reaction score
We also have had a great experience with Devin Wozencraft. We sent him a survey of the boat and the list of boats I have owned. He knows exactly what we have and advised on the coverage we needed. DCB Mach 22 280 X2

2droppedchevs

Reaction score
I'm in Washington and couldn't get the majors above to do anything for me. I went through a local broker because they dealt with Foremost but they set me up through Markel. Read the policy carefully as they leave out/exclude a bunch. Only I can drive the boat, anything that happens over 65mph wont be covered, zero coverage if an incident happens with any trace of drug or alcohol. $2300 a year. January will be 2 years of no problems so I will be looking for better coverage.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I'm in Washington and couldn't get the majors above to do anything for me. I went through a local broker because they dealt with Foremost but they set me up through Markel. Read the policy carefully as they leave out/exclude a bunch. Only I can drive the boat, anything that happens over 65mph wont be covered, zero coverage if an incident happens with any trace of drug or alcohol. $2300 a year. January will be 2 years of no problems so I will be looking for better coverage.
That is exactly why I go with Devin, my very first boat I had an policy that excluded a lot , ( I found out the hard way)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I can tell you first hand some of these stories of saving a bunch means the agent wrote the policies wrong..

Read the entire thing because it’s ultimately up to you as you are signing on the line. If you have a 100 mph boat and are insuring it for 80 etc you won’t be covered.

if you think “well how would they know?” In the event of a real claim they pay Bob Teague / Alexi Segagians etc to go through the boat and give expert testimony. Then they hand you your money back and tell you good luck

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
I have a 1990 38 Fountain Fever with TCM 620's in it and no one will touch it insurance wise, they have all said it's too old or too fast and yeah, I had a survey done on it. I've given up trying to get insurance for it.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Wozencraft-I had a claim the first year. Easy to deal with paid out without having to meet with adjusters. Agent requested a couple pics and quotes sent a check in the mail. Wish my automobile insurance worked this way.

Wozencraft

Reaction score

I'm asking for high performance boat insurance due to the engine HP (TCM 975) and the fact the boat can probably do 80+ in the right conditions.

Thanks!
DHR

We would love to help you with your insurance needs! We are a broker and work with aprox. a dozen different insurance companies. Markel Ins. is one of them. As for the service we provide, I feel it's one of the best in the industry. Sometimes we do get inundated with incoming calls and often we can't get back to some as quickly as I'd like. However, it is true that we have increased our team in the past 2 years and now have 4 different agents to work with and get coverage placed. If you either call our office, or input your info. onto our website, I personally will get it and respond to you within 1 business day. www.wozencraftinsurance.com

Thank you for writing and I look forward to hearing from you.

Devin Wozencraft
[email protected]

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
We would love to help you with your insurance needs! We are a broker and work with aprox. a dozen different insurance companies. Markel Ins. is one of them. As for the service we provide, I feel it's one of the best in the industry. Sometimes we do get inundated with incoming calls and often we can't get back to some as quickly as I'd like. However, it is true that we have increased our team in the past 2 years and now have 4 different agents to work with and get coverage placed. If you either call our office, or input your info. onto our website, I personally will get it and respond to you within 1 business day. www.wozencraftinsurance.com

Thank you for writing and I look forward to hearing from you.

Devin Wozencraft
[email protected]

Thank you Devin! I will try and give you a call during this coming week.