WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

High power pellet guns

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
The raccoon posts got me thinking. I will need something quiet to drop critters in my new ‘hood. Looked up the FX pellet rifles... goddamn for 1500 I’m buying a RPR. Anything out there for 500ish that can drop critters reliably? Or am I better off building a silenced .22 or even blackout AR with silencer?

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
The raccoon posts got me thinking. I will need something quiet to drop critters in my new ‘hood. Looked up the FX pellet rifles... goddamn for 1500 I’m buying a RPR. Anything out there for 500ish that can drop critters reliably? Or am I better off building a silenced .22 or even blackout AR with silencer?
99$ at WM

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
No idea, I’ll pull it out and check. Single pump rifle. K-mart special. I need a significant amount of more stopping power, lol. Rifle will kill small birds but was just a nuisance to wild dogs.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
For what model? I have a nice Winchester .177, but it’s not strong enough for my needs... plus it’s pretty loud.

Edit: replaced cross man for Winchester
I don’t remember I’ll get wifey to check Am , just don’t buy junk pellets , 100 yds it’s a killer

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Made me go upstairs and take some pics..lil

GAMO builds a killer pellet rifle and using their pellet is pretty damn accurate. They make quit a few different pellets.

I went with the GAMO SWARM because it has a a 10 shot clip which I love. Way better than the single loads!

20200515_195709.jpg
20200515_195728.jpg

NicPaus

Reaction score
I have a few but even the 1000 fps with quality pellets won't drop a coon or wild dog. Was going to look at the FX per other thread but $1500 is to steep. I have a $300 one it drops crows no problem.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Bolt action .22 and subsonic .22 shorts

This.
I've got a 1500fps Crosmam .177. It packs a hell of a punch for a pellet gun...but its heavier and way louder than a .22 with sub sonic's.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Looks like it’s time to build a SBR AR in .300 blackout with a can!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I bought a 300’ish pellet gun at Walmart for my kid. This thing is every bit of a 22

HitIt

Reaction score
RWS FTW
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have 2 model 34's. A 177 and a 22. The 177 just dropped a crow yesterday. The spring airs take a bit of time to learn to shoot consistently but the trigger on these things is fantastic.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I have a BIG $ FX. It’s fkn lethal on feathered targets with low body fat or body protection. If you think you’re soaking up a mammal of substantial hair and fat content (a dog) at any distance with one, you are drunk unless you are a VERY good marksman. Suppress a rim fire (a real one) and have GOOD shot placement. The .22 short, or .22LR program is a prayer unless you are VERY skilled if there’s much distance between you and the target.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Bullets in the neighborhood are no bueno. Do like I do and drill it with a 12 Guage and go back inside and to bed like I do.
KIMG1430.jpg

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Pre Charge Pneumatics, AKA PCP’s are a whole different level than Spring guns.
Lots of Pros and Lots of Cons wiht PCP’s.
However you get what you pay for.

If want to get started with PCP’s look at the Airforce, Hatsan, Taipans as entry level.

But you still need a tank, you can get it filled at most scuba shops or paintball shops.

Springs guns will never compare to PCP. Apples and oranges. Like comparing a 22, to a 223...
Literally shoot dimes at 100yds when you get them tuned in.
Big bore PCP’s, lots of videos of guys killing wild hogs with them... or taking head shots on pigeons at 200 yards.
They are a whole lot of fun, but it does come at price.
If you like to shoot alot, its less expensive than Powder burning guns.

Spring or PCP’s all have there place... thats up to you to determine you needs.

Xring01

Reaction score
I have a BIG $ FX. It’s fkn lethal on feathered targets with low body fat or body protection. If you think you’re soaking up a mammal of substantial hair and fat content (a dog) at any distance with one, you are drunk unless you are a VERY good marksman. Suppress a rim fire (a real one) and have GOOD shot placement. The .22 short, or .22LR program is a prayer unless you are VERY skilled if there’s much distance between you and the target.

Wrong... I have killed Coyotes with 25 cal PCP in one shot... But I am one hell of a shot.
You need to look into the slugs that are out now... serious power, buck the wind, have very high BC compared to a pellet..

Think about the power of 25 caliber 35 grain slug at 950 fps... its practically a 22..., I can make them shoot well over 1000fps... but for accuracy... they tend to like the 950 ish arena in my gun... Thats perfect racoon, or coyote up to 100yds. If I want to shoot crows... I use smaller pellets at 800 fps, a quick adj of a dial on the FX Impacts...

The 30 cals have been out awhile

The new 35 cals have 900 FPE of knock down power... imagine what the 45 cals have... they have been out a long time.

Seriously if any of you guys are truly interest... Go on youtube.. jump down that rabbit hole... Matt Dubar from Africa.. fuck that dude kills some shit with PCP’s ... but there are tons of videos... Dont just take my word, watch the videos...
Another guy has video of 25cal 26 grain FX Hybrid Slug, shooting ballistic gel which mimics mamals, and gets 6 inchs of penetration at 200 yards... I think 5 inchs at 300 yards.. If that hits a human heart, its most likely fatal.. 300 yards.. These are NOT toys, they are very capable problem solvers.

These guns are stupid quiet, highly adjustable, whole lot of fun, cheap to shoot, but expensive to get into.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
My 1976 Crossman .22 pump at 10 pumps will kill just like a 22LR. It's pretty fucking quiet too. I mean, there is always noise...but it's not a BANG..more of a THWAPP.

I have successfully killed many magpies, rabbits, coons, and even a coyote or two with it if it's in range...only good to about 30 yrds tho for coyotes, them bitches are tough, need to shoot them in the eye.

But it's a single shot. Not really a killing machine, more like a tin can shredder. Fun fact, under 20 yrds flip the pellet backwards....it hits like a wadcutter lol! You should see the terror Coors lite cans suffer!

white tortilla

Reaction score
I have this .25. Was $320 on amazon and put a 50$ scope on it. Haven’t missed anything yet and the .25 packs a punch. Usually 1 shot on squirrel at 30-40 yards to kill.

Attachments

• 28719E99-2CD5-44C2-ABFD-A11705455FC2.jpeg
    28719E99-2CD5-44C2-ABFD-A11705455FC2.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 59

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I don't know the legality, as I haven't looked here in Az, but a lot of states are OK with a can on an air gun. I've shot a couple of those, holy shit, glad I didn't know about them early in life. I also don't know about city ordinances or the like. Out here, we just shoot stuff...all the neighbors know who is who, no screaming, no calls. Pretty common to dispatch a couple coyotes during warmer weather.

Xring01

Reaction score
LCS 19 full auto,,, 25 cal, 35 grains 950fps...
that shreds blocks of ice...

FULL AUTO, as power ful as 22, and legal to own..
The only reason I dont have one.. I am an accuracy junky... rather shoot dimes at 100yds.

Xring01

Reaction score
I don't know the legality, as I haven't looked here in Az, but a lot of states are OK with a can on an air gun. I've shot a couple of those, holy shit, glad I didn't know about them early in life. I also don't know about city ordinances or the like. Out here, we just shoot stuff...all the neighbors know who is who, no screaming, no calls. Pretty common to dispatch a couple coyotes during warmer weather.

Dont call it a can...
Its a moderator, which strips the turbulant air off the projectile to increase accuracy for clean kill...
Side effects are its very very quiet...

The reason is, ATF doesnt regulate pellet/air rifles, because they are not a fire arm.

Get in now, before they figure this out...

Upon further thought... I will edit this post in 24 hours, remove some of the points that we dont want to be advertising..

Last edited:

floatn turd

Reaction score
My worthless opinion:

You said it was for "the hood".
But if you have some room between neighbors and it's not for shooting in the air targets.
I'd go for a "quiet" 22 = done & done!
(I made a cheap one and it sounds like someone spitting)

For "one a shot Snipe"= Go with some of the rifles mentioned.

But

A good co2 automatic rifle with a paint ball bottle conversion kit, is a little expensive, FUN AS HELL & has more uses.
Ain't nothing like a full auto bb gun!😉
You'll put 10 bbs in a target b4 it can even blink.

Good luck and have fun.

FT

SKIA36

Reaction score
Bow or Crossbow cant get quieter!

Gamo Whisper Fusion 1400fps

Hoyt Buffalo 45# with Wac'em broadheads. Terminal
SHHH.jpg

Last edited: