WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

high pressure misting systems for patio

gmnhra

Reaction score
considering a high pressure misting system for the back patio in havasu.
any recommendations for purchasing equipment and local installers?
probably a 40-50 run across the back
Any comments on efficiency etc.

Have used the portacool evap coolers but they are large and sorta ugly...

thanks in advance

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Had Sam at Mohave Mist do my system, not cheap but works great, easy 15-20 degree temp drop.
MIST2.JPG
IMG_2375 (Medium).JPG
MIST1.JPG

gmnhra

Reaction score
can you pm me a ballpark $$$

mine would be no more than about your two arches in length... a park model at the islander...

Taboma

Reaction score
One thing I'm always curious about is white alkaline stains over time. Are you using just Havasu tap water ?

DUNEFLYER

Reaction score
No Staining in almost 3 years. I do have the system hooked up to the soft water system in the house.

rvrrun

Reaction score
One thing I'm always curious about is white alkaline stains over time. Are you using just Havasu tap water ?
None with ours either.

We have retractable awnings that help hold the mist into the patio. I have no idea on cost, brand or other details, it was installed by the previous owner.

Taboma

Reaction score
None with ours either.

We have retractable awnings that help hold the mist into the patio. I have no idea on cost, brand or other details, it was installed by the previous owner.
I've wanted to do it, just been concerned that over time it would turn the deck white. Do the nozzles get clogged from mineral build up ? High pressure was mentioned --- like what 150PSI ?

DUNEFLYER

Reaction score
Sam comes out at the beginning of each summer and services the system. Cleans all the heads, new filters, changes pump oil. This is a 220v pressure washer pump powering the system.
Not sure of the PSI.

DLC

Reaction score
I bought my kit from Areo Mist, I think is was a 60 ft kit 1,000 psi total cost was $2,000 get the filters and the lo pressure shut off go with SS fittings and you will want a roll of plastic tubing to take out the pump/ pulse before you connect to hard line.

I am going to do another set up along the garage, the kit works great! You can get smaller sized heads so it doesn’t puddle up so much on the decking/ concrete. I have a little remote to turn on /off and when we get to the house I just turn on the water and use the remote when needed.

https://www.aeromist.com/

DLC

Reaction score
The pump do make some
Noise and are expensive to replace watch out for a theft, next one I’m going to get the boxed pump to quiet it down some more

rvrrun

Reaction score
I've wanted to do it, just been concerned that over time it would turn the deck white. Do the nozzles get clogged from mineral build up ? High pressure was mentioned --- like what 150PSI ?
We use it a few times a year for the past three and have never had them clog.

It uses a pool pump so I assume there's some pressure there. It's hooked to an X-10 outlet and then a remote in the house to activate the outlet. It's fed off the irrigation/pool system so it's not using the softened water for the house. I assume the previous owners used it quite a bit (I can ask), from what I've heard it used to be the party house on that block.

spectras only

Reaction score
20180619_172606.jpg
Built my own using 8'white pipes coupled together, from Rona/Lows. Attached to the power awning structure almost invisible. Have 8 nozzles that seem to work well without drenching me sitting under it on my deck. Nozzles can be purchased from Amazon dirt cheap. Have water faucet on the deck and just hook to it when I want to run it.
Just took this picture, the pipe is hardly noticeable under the awning. I can add more nozzles as required if want to have a shower under it.:D

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
View attachment 656455 Built my own using 8'white pipes coupled together, from Rona/Lows. Attached to the power awning structure almost invisible. Have 8 nozzles that seem to work well without drenching me sitting under it on my deck. Nozzles can be purchased from Amazon dirt cheap. Have water faucet on the deck and just hook to it when I want to run it.
Just took this picture, the pipe is hardly noticeable under the awning. I can add more nozzles as required if want to have a shower under it.:D

I like your plan and was thinking the same idea. Then I notice these high pressure systems producing a fog rather than a misting shower. I tried to do one similar to Dave's Dad's concept, wrapping it around one of those large Home Depot 42" fans. It cooled, but holy shit in about 10 minutes we were soaked, more like a side blowing rain, lol :p Me thinks I needed finer nozzles :D

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
The pumps are basically pressure washer pumps. I plan on trying to mount mine on the roof next to my AC. Will be getting mine from Mohave mist.

spectras only

Reaction score
I like your plan and was thinking the same idea. Then I notice these high pressure systems producing a fog rather than a misting shower. I tried to do one similar to Dave's Dad's concept, wrapping it around one of those large Home Depot 42" fans. It cooled, but holy shit in about 10 minutes we were soaked, more like a side blowing rain, lol :p Me thinks I needed finer nozzles :D

I ran the house water about 45 PSI water pressure. I don't want to get soaked. I'm typing on my laptop right now as the system is on. Higher pressure would definitely produce the finest mist. Nozzle packages on Amazon come in different jet sizes, so it's easy to fine tune the size of water/mist coming out. The mist coming out my system is so fine, no water pooling on the deck!

Taboma

Reaction score
I ran the house water about 45 PSI water pressure. I don't want to get soaked. I'm typing on my laptop right now as the system is on. Higher pressure would definitely produce the finest mist. Nozzle packages on Amazon come in different jet sizes, so it's easy to fine tune the size of water/mist coming out. The mist coming out my system is so fine, no water pooling on the deck!
OK, that's great to know, I've got 60+ psi at the tap, so with some fine nozzles I should be OK --- Thanks !!

spectras only

Reaction score
OK, that's great to know, I've got 60+ psi at the tap, so with some fine nozzles I should be OK --- Thanks !!

If you have pex pipes in your house, you could crank your WP up to 100PSI at the regulator.